ADVERTISEMENT

Heisman Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not into bragging. Didn't really expect the Heisman. Will go with 13-0, ACC champions, state champions, #1 in the nation, 114 out of 120 graduating, soccer team playing for national title tomorrow, etc.

You really need to quit while you are BEHIND!
You guys are really tootin' your horns now....funny how the BACK, TO BACK, TO BACK, TO BACK, TO BACK years are all but forgotten in tater town...couldn't find a proud tater in tater town during those years....mUSChamp is coming....

I'd say there would be very few Moms proud of many of the posters on this thread.

Heard a national radio guy talking about the Heisman yesterday. I think his name was "gesh" or something like that. He had another college analyst on the phone and was talking why Watson wouldn't win the Heisman. Said even after being the only reason that Clemson is undefeated he still plays in the ACC and there is less competition in the conference. Said voters see that when evaluating players.
I think it is a valid point.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
I disagree a little bit. After all, it didn't hurt Jameis Winson to be in the ACC.

Right or wrong, the Heisman winner is the player who had a big game on a big stage, and Watson just didn't do enough to wow voters against Notre Dame and FSU.

Interesting that Chad Kelly was neck and neck with Deshaun Watson in most QB stats. Also interesting that Perry Orth had more yds per pass (#31) than Watson did (not in top 50).

Henry broke Hershal Walker's sec single season yardage record! Watson doesn't even has his school's single season yardage record!

First before you scream tater. I am not saying Watson should have won. I would have given it to McCaffery just because he meant so much to his team in so many phases of the game. The whole SEC yardage record thing is overblown. He had TWO extra games to get it done. He had 3 games where he rushed less that 100 yards. Walker went over 100 in all 11 games.

McCaffery had almost as many rushing yards(1847) on 20 less carries plus 540 yards receiving and over 1000 yards in kick returns. Having over 1000 yards in two different stats and over 500 in a third is pretty amazing.

LOL...let Watson play in the SEC and see if he gets the glory he got....ACC allows you to pad your stats...he barely beat the bottom dweller of the SEC this year....I hope OK puts 77 on you guys...

If you cant see how good the kid is then thats your problem. You have that bold part all wrong. He is the REASON we beat you even though we had multiple screw ups and you guys played your best. He pulled that game out. Without him we posibly lose. Thats what he does. He is clutch when you need him. He is the anti Boyd. As much as I enjoyed Boyd he fell apart in a ton of pressure situations and really feel apart against you guys. Watson raises he game when things get rough.

Watson is a great player who deserved to be there and I wouldn't have argued if any of them won. Even as a Gamecocks fan I can admit Watson is a great player

Come on now guys and gals. Let's admit Warson is a very good player and person. His contribution to the Clemson team has them at least one of the top 4 teams. He has great leadership skills and is a real team player. We wish we had a player like him and just maybe we have one on the way.

I realize the story about his humble upbringing was done by the media, but don't piss down my back and tell me it is raining. The suit alone is 5 or 6 hundred. The jewelry, pens and bracelets another 600.00 if they are gold. The watch could be 1000.00, if it is a medium price. His Tatoos are worth another 5 k. Yesterday he departed the bus from his arrival carrying a 1000.00 bag. Now I am not a bag expert but my wife is.

Question: in the reduced circumstances the Waton's exist, how did he afford all that. Remember, we are only talking about what he wore one day. I think I feel something wet on my back.

Reactions: BigTomE
I disagree a little bit. After all, it didn't hurt Jameis Winson to be in the ACC.

Right or wrong, the Heisman winner is the player who had a big game on a big stage, and Watson just didn't do enough to wow voters against Notre Dame and FSU.
Hell he didn't "Wow" against us, or unc!

Come on now guys and gals. Let's admit Warson is a very good player and person. His contribution to the Clemson team has them at least one of the top 4 teams. He has great leadership skills and is a real team player. We wish we had a player like him and just maybe we have one on the way.

I realize the story about his humble upbringing was done by the media, but don't piss down my back and tell me it is raining. The suit alone is 5 or 6 hundred. The jewelry, pens and bracelets another 600.00 if they are gold. The watch could be 1000.00, if it is a medium price. His Tatoos are worth another 5 k. Yesterday he departed the bus from his arrival carrying a 1000.00 bag. Now I am not a bag expert but my wife is.

Question: in the reduced circumstances the Waton's exist, how did he afford all that. Remember, we are only talking about what he wore one day. I think I feel something wet on my back.
maybe he borrowed it....lol

Hell he didn't "Wow" against us, or unc!

I disagree with these two. He passed for close to 300 in both games and rushed for over 100 in both games. He accounted for four TDs against USC and 5 TDs against UNC. Fumbles by other players in the SC game dont reflect on him. He did his job. The defense letting UNC back in it doesnt reflect on him. He did his job.

maybe he has a very successful newspaper route? Lemonade stand?
Probably just another rich uncle. Having a rich uncle seems to be a prerequisite for Clemson 5 star players.

I disagree with these two. He passed for close to 300 in both games and rushed for over 100 in both games. He accounted for four TDs against USC and 5 TDs against UNC. Fumbles by other players in the SC game dont reflect on him. He did his job. The defense letting UNC back in it doesnt reflect on him. He did his job.

I do believe he played like "wow" against us, but who didn't? Grayson Lambert was 24/25 for 330 yards and he was benched later in the season.

All I can say is wherever you are shopping you might need to check around because you are getting screwed if you think these prices are real. And you are delusional if you think most of the watches and chains you see on these kids are high end. Walk through any mall in america and find the nearest Indian guy selling jewelry from a kiosk and look what he has and the prices. They look like bling but they are far from real. Also the bag you see him carry is FAKE!!! Its a knockoff. Probably out of someones trunk. Join us in the real world of you think every designer item you see on the street is real. For every one real there are probably 5 knockoffs.

Reactions: pulley bone
All I can say is wherever you are shopping you might need to check around because you are getting screwed if you think these prices are real. And you are delusional if you think most of the watches and chains you see on these kids are high end. Walk through any mall in america and find the nearest Indian guy selling jewelry from a kiosk and look what he has and the prices. They look like bling but they are far from real. Also the bag you see him carry is FAKE!!! Its a knockoff. Probably out of someones trunk. Join us in the real world of you think every designer item you see on the street is real. For every one real there are probably 5 knockoffs.

I suppose the Tatoos are knock offs too? The bag was real, not sure about the rest but they are NOT free. I buy clothing all the time and I know a little bit about it. I also have sold clothing. What he was wearing is not cheap.

This is the elephant in the room that clemmons, or anyone, will never address. He also has one of those motorized skateboards, about $700. I would like to see what he's driving, I bet it ain't a 12 yr old Honda accord or Ford Taurus. You know he's getting some $$$freebies$$$ at tatertech.

I suppose the Tatoos are knock offs too? The bag was real, not sure about the rest but they are NOT free. I buy clothing all the time and I know a little bit about it. I also have sold clothing. What he was wearing is not cheap.

No where near what you quoted. Since color doesnt show that great on most black people. A lot of them do single color or outlined. They are much cheaper that full color jobs due to the time involved. Also he may know someone who does it on the side and not professionally. I know plenty of guys(and girls) who do it on the side for 1/4 of the price of a tattoo shop and do fine work.

Watson is an excellent QB. He's put up some great numbers this season but the offense the taters run won't translate to the NFL. They run a ton of misdirection & fake plays to keep a defense off balance. In my opinion the ACC doesn't get a lot of respect especially this season when they had so many bad teams. If Watson had those same numbers vs the SEC he definitely wouldn't have come in 3rd place in the Heisman race. The dude can play though no question about it.

So, you're defending Watson by guessing the chains were fake, watch was a fake, and bag was a fake? You're just guessing, as no one has any proof whether or not any of these were real or fake. How can you be so adamant that these are fake?
I'm a firm believer that where there is smoke, there is fire. There's been a lot of smoke coming out of Clemson over the years, and Watson displaying these things (suit, watch, chains, bag, tattoos, etc..), doesn't help to dismiss the rumors of recruits/players being paid.

I for one think that if he can stay healthy he will be successful at the next level. He handles pressure well, can avoid a rush, and throws the ball well. He will not be able to run the ball as much at the next level. With that said, I am not around him, so I cannot testify to his character. I will argue that he is not humble. Anyone who draws attention to himself like he does is not humble. Humble is Latti or even Devin Taylor.

Do we need a discuss him on a Gamecock board ?

...at the next level-

A) They don't run the jet sweep in the NFL
B) The don't run 10-12 in-the-flat screens in the NFL
C) Watson doen't weigh 260lbs like Cam
D) NFL defensive guys don't miss tackles like they don in the ACC
E) Watson is not as fast at RG3

He will be a reserve QB at best.

Shilltiger-if you win the Natty,the NCAA will make a proctologist look like a trusted friend. You better hope OU boatraces you.

I've seen that same suit for $5 at the thrift store. Phony jewelry, phony bag and even guys in prison give each other tats. Sounds like his coach is rubbing off on him.

First before you scream tater. I am not saying Watson should have won. I would have given it to McCaffery just because he meant so much to his team in so many phases of the game. The whole SEC yardage record thing is overblown. He had TWO extra games to get it done. He had 3 games where he rushed less that 100 yards. Walker went over 100 in all 11 games.

McCaffery had almost as many rushing yards(1847) on 20 less carries plus 540 yards receiving and over 1000 yards in kick returns. Having over 1000 yards in two different stats and over 500 in a third is pretty amazing.
if the sec record is overblown then all records are! there are more games for everyone now! henry broke walker's record and mccaffery broke sanders! 2 of the best who ever played! so should we keep records or start over when conferences realign or playoffs started to accommodate the players like watson who have those extra games and still don't break their own teams records!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT