ADVERTISEMENT

Here is the best receiver in the state you haven't heard of....

Laurence Manning's Taylor Lee. This kid is the second coming of Hunter Renfro.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7678207/taylor-lee

If he played at South Point or somewhere comparable, he would be a high 3 star or low 4 star. He can play.
That’s nice, but you do realize that this is SCISA ball right??
I’ve seen freshman teams from schsl scrimmage scisa varsity squads... ain’t purty for the rich kids..

I’ve seen freshman teams from schsl scrimmage scisa varsity squads... ain’t purty for the rich kids..
We scrimmaged a 1A school and it was a draw. They had a center that was 6'6" 315lb and hit about as hard as a gnat farting in you. They had a running back that easily ran a 4.4 but he never ran north/south.lol

Reactions: Gamecockalypse325
I think a team like LMA could beat East Clarendon though. It would be close however.

If he played at South Point or somewhere comparable, he would be a high 3 star or low 4 star. He can play.

lol_vladimir_putin.gif

lMA would stomp a mud hole in East Clarendon. The Lee kid is a 4.5 kid with great hands. He would be a very good walk on candidate

What I seem to see from Boom and crew is they recruit based on body type, growth potential, fundamentals etc. If a kid can play, is well coached and can develop-physically and as a football player they will give him a look. Hope the guy has an interest but who knows. Remember first time going up against higher level guys thinking I was all that. Was eye opening they were bigger faster, stronger and talked alot more...just worked harder and smarter...and eventually dominated as you would all expect. :>)

Just to clarify...many kids who go to SCISA schools aren't rich.

My cousin won a state title at EC as the head coach. Back in the 80’s

Mickey Moss ? He was a very good coach, Ed Brogdon was the best quarterback I've seen at that level. Reggie Kennedy was a bad a$$ linebacker. JW Montgomery was their go to WR and played at SC state as did Reggie. Ed played CB for ECU. The Lee kid has better hands, runs better routes, and is more elusive, Montgomery may have better straight away speed and was heavier.

Mickey Moss ? He was a very good coach, Ed Brogdon was the best quarterback I've seen at that level. Reggie Kennedy was a bad a$$ linebacker. JW Montgomery was their go to WR and played at SC state as did Reggie. Ed played CB for ECU. The Lee kid has better hands, runs better routes, and is more elusive, Montgomery may have better straight away speed and was heavier.

Yes. He always talked about how hard working those kids were. He said several worked in the fields prior to and after practice.

Why do kids go to scisa schools?

Because parents want their children to get the best education possible, parents want their children to be in as safe environment as possible, parents want their children to be able to pray in school, and private schools in general do a much better job of involving the parents in their child's education. Just a few off the top of my head.

Yes. He always talked about how hard working those kids were. He said several worked in the fields prior to and after practice.

It's a rural town and tobacco was a big deal in that area, lots of farmers depended on HS guys to harvest their crops. Harvest time was right at the beginning of fall practice

Reactions: Judson1

So a SCISA guy can't possibly good enough to play D-1 ball? Makes no sense. Remember Gaines Adams. Actually, SCISA is trending up and has been for several years. The top programs have some of the best coaches in the state. Eric Kimery at Hammond, Robbie Briggs at Laurence Manning and Marcus Lattimore at Heathwood Hall. These programs actively recruit players, Hammond has probably the top sophomore in the state. He's had an offer from USC for several months now and he's not the only one.

As for Lee, he's attended very few camps because he's starring for the Legion team at SS during the summer, has this hurt his exposure, definitely, but what are you going to do , tell him not to play? He was also all-state in basketball as a junior. Starting to get the picture, this guy is an athlete. Once he focuses on one sport, the sky is the limit.

Last edited:
Just to clarify...many kids who go to SCISA schools aren't rich.
I grew up without cable, a cell phone, and took my lunch to school everyday. My parents were lower middle class and they sacrificed a lot to send me to private school. If they can do it anyone can!

Reactions: Cybercock
I’ve watched him play a lot and he is good. He is not the biggest or the fastest but he catches the ball and he catches the ball in traffic. He would compete in public school, his numbers may not be as ridiculous as they are in SCISA. He played against some public schools in the preseason and did well, one game was against one of our commits.

He should be able to walk on where ever he goes. He can catch, makes good grades and doesn’t need scholarship money. Sounds very inviting as a coach.

That was a SCISA kid chasing down the UF player after the INT....Jacob August

So a SCISA guy can't possibly good enough to play D-1 ball? Makes no sense. Remember Gaines Adams. Actually, SCISA is trending up and has been for several years. The top programs have some of the best coaches in the state. Eric Kimery at Hammond, Robbie Briggs at Laurence Manning and Marcus Lattimore at Heathwood Hall. These programs actively recruit players, Hammond has probably the top sophomore in the state. He's had an offer from USC for several months now and he's not the only one.

As for Lee, he's attended very few camps because he's starring for the Legion team at SS during the summer, has this hurt his exposure, definitely, but what are you going to do , tell him not to play? He was also all-state in basketball as a junior. Starting to get the picture, this guy is an athlete. Once he focuses on one sport, the sky is the limit.

Kid from Hammond is a stud. I hope Kimrey can steal him from the rednecks.

Believe it or not schooling is not always about sports some opt for a good solid education that doesn't mean they can't play. Heck, we were beaten by the Citadel with a RB from Ben Lippen.

I’ve watched him play a lot and he is good. He is not the biggest or the fastest but he catches the ball and he catches the ball in traffic. He would compete in public school, his numbers may not be as ridiculous as they are in SCISA. He played against some public schools in the preseason and did well, one game was against one of our commits.

He should be able to walk on where ever he goes. He can catch, makes good grades and doesn’t need scholarship money. Sounds very inviting as a coach.

If you know the family, and sounds like you do, you know his two brothers older brothers hit a growth spurt around 18 and added 25-30 pounds and both ended up over 6'2" with in a year of their graduation. I'm telling you this kid really loves football and will be a valuable part of some college team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT