ADVERTISEMENT

Herm Edwards at Arizona

joplin gamecock1

Nov 27, 2016
I know he is not a young coach,but he has a lot of energy and a really out going personality that will probly translate well at the college level. I think he may well be a homerun hire if he can assemble a quality staff. Kinda makes me wonder if more a.d. shouldnt be looking outside the standard college coach box and locate quality coaches from different levels

I know he is not a young coach,but he has a lot of energy and a really out going personality that will probly translate well at the college level. I think he may well be a homerun hire if he can assemble a quality staff. Kinda makes me wonder if more a.d. shouldnt be looking outside the standard college coach box and locate quality coaches from different levels

Just don't ask him what the mascot is.

I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about this hire. It's really strange. They fired the head coach but kept the staff. On top of that the AD is Edwards former agent. Weird.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Herm Edwards has been out of coaching for 10 years and only college experience was with San Jose St in 87-89 as DB coach.......

Herm Edwards has been out of coaching for 10 years and only college experience was with San Jose St in 87-89 as DB coach.......
His success or lack of will revolve around putting a good staff together. That is always the case with any coach but if he can catch lightning in a bottle like daboo did all he needs to do is manage and keep the fans feeling confident.

His success or lack of will revolve around putting a good staff together. That is always the case with any coach but if he can catch lightning in a bottle like daboo did all he needs to do is manage and keep the fans feeling confident.
The staff is already in place! He's not hiring anyone. That's why I think it's so strange.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
wow didnt know just how strange this hire was. If i was a sun devil fan i dont think i would feeling really yippy about it either. How the heck do you not know who the mascot is if you wanna be a schools coach???

I love Herm. He is always slightly off center and fiery as Hades. I give it 2 years, give or take a year. Lightning in a bottle....That's about right.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
Man I love Herm !!! I’m really gonna miss seeing him on Sundays . He’s a great mentor and a great motivator and I bet he will be an unreal recruiter . I think it’s a great hire . One thing about Herm is he is a straight shooter . I think he will do well .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT