ADVERTISEMENT

Herman Cain has died of COVID perWashington Post

Sad to hear. Being a conservative, he probably wont get the royal treatment John Lewis is.

I can promise you Herman won't. But, Herman is a bigger inspiration to me than Lewis. Make no mistake about it, Lewis was brave and courageous and made many positive impacts on the US. But I can just identify with Herman more on a personal level.

I can promise you Herman won't. But, Herman is a bigger inspiration to me than Lewis. Make no mistake about it, Lewis was brave and courageous and made many positive impacts on the US. But I can just identify with Herman more on a personal level.
Freddie, I'm reading a book now titled "My Journey to Heaven". I highly recommend it.

Also, I don't necessarily believe all of those claims made by the democrats were true when he was a presidential candidate.

Revisionist history? I’m not going to bring up that stuff but that was in the middle of the Republican primary. Democrats weren’t the Primary ones bringing that up. The media reported on the settlements and the campaigns of his republican opponents didn’t exactly ignore the allegations.

Sad to hear. Being a conservative, he probably wont get the royal treatment John Lewis is.
Sorry to hear about Herman Cain passing away.

Liberal Representative Elijah Cummings also did not get the "royal treatment" when he passed away earlier this year. Lewis was a "living history", getting beat up at a Rock Hill, SC Greyhound bus station as part of the Freedom Riders in 1961. He was one of the speakers at the August 1963 Civil Rights March on Washington. And he got beat up badly at the Pettus Bridge at Selma in 1965. If you guys can't see the difference, then there's absolutely no reasoning with you.

Liberal Representative Elijah Cummings also did not get the "royal treatment" when he passed away earlier this year. Lewis was a "living history", getting beat up at a Rock Hill, SC Greyhound bus station as part of the Freedom Riders in 1961. He was one of the speakers at the August 1963 Civil Rights March on Washington. And he got beat up badly at the Pettus Bridge at Selma in 1965. If you guys can't see the difference, then there's absolutely no reasoning with you.

Thank you for stating the obvious.

Reactions: SCexpat38
You guys are tripping. Without John Lewis, there is no Herman Cain to gain inspiration from. At least not in the circles he came to be in. Herman Cain is an important business man, although I disagree with his politics. However, John Lewis is on the Mount Rushmore when it comes to important Black people. For him to have the courage and discipline, as a college student, to go into places where he was not wanted and just take it was remarkable. Herman Cain did well for himself, but where are the examples of people that he brought to success along with him? If you value money only, I can understand your affinity for Herman Cain. However, if you value service and what someone means to the bigger picture, John Lewis is right there with MLK and Thurgood Marshall in measure of importance.

You guys are tripping. Without John Lewis, there is no Herman Cain to gain inspiration from. At least not in the circles he came to be in. Herman Cain is an important business man, although I disagree with his politics. However, John Lewis is on the Mount Rushmore when it comes to important Black people. For him to have the courage and discipline, as a college student, to go into places where he was not wanted and just take it was remarkable. Herman Cain did well for himself, but where are the examples of people that he brought to success along with him? If you value money only, I can understand your affinity for Herman Cain. However, if you value service and what someone means to the bigger picture, John Lewis is right there with MLK and Thurgood Marshall in measure of importance.
Cain was an advisor to Bob Dole during his 96 campaign for president. Cain may have had money but also had tons of knowledge too. Watch any interview with him. Very intelligent. So respecting him is more than admiring money-but nice cheap shot.

Reactions: clemmer

Ding Ding. You are the winner, sir. Great catch with the Elijah Cummings mention.

Cain was an advisor to Bob Dole during his 96 campaign for president. Cain may have had money but also had tons of knowledge too. Watch any interview with him. Very intelligent. So respecting him is more than admiring money-but nice cheap shot.
No one questioned his intelligence. Just on the scales of importance, Cain is just no more important than Bob Johnson, founder and past CEO of BET. I don't count advising a losing Presidential campaign on the same level as taking a beating to change the conscious of a nation. There are levels of importance. Just because Cain won't get the royal treatment of a John Lewis doesn't make Cain any less important or inspirational.

Last edited:
No one questioned his intelligence. Just on the scales of importance, Cain is just no more important than Bob Johnson, founder and past CEO of BET in scales importance. I don't count advising a losing Presidential campaign on the same level as taking a beating to change the conscious of a nation. There are levels of importance. Just because won't get the royal treatment of a John Lewis doesn't make Cain any less important or inspirational.
You said "if you value money I can understand your affinity for Herman Cain". How is that not disrespectful?

Reactions: clemmer
You said "if you value money I can understand your affinity for Herman Cain". How is that not disrespectful?
If you look for disrespect, you will find it. I said valuing money because Cain's main claim to fame is business. Even there, Cain's net worth of approximately $7 million dollars is not that high in comparison to other successful black businessmen. I appreciate what Cain means to you, but I don't think many reputable historians would see Herman Cain and John Lewis in the same light.

No one questioned his intelligence. Just on the scales of importance, Cain is just no more important than Bob Johnson, founder and past CEO of BET in scales importance. I don't count advising a losing Presidential campaign on the same level as taking a beating to change the conscious of a nation. There are levels of importance. Just because won't get the royal treatment of a John Lewis doesn't make Cain any less important or inspirational.
The founder of Jet and Ebony magazine was smart too. Michael Jordan might have revolutionized basketball. But comparing them to John Lewis??????????? Come on, now. Let's use some common sense on people's contributions to this country's journey toward a more perfect union.

If you look for disrespect, you will find it. I said valuing money because Cain's main claim to fame is business. Even there, Cain's net worth of approximately $7 million dollars is not that high in comparison to other successful black businessmen. I appreciate what Cain means to you, but I don't think many reputable historians would see Herman Cain and John Lewis in the same light.
So semi rich black lives dont matter when they don't share the same politics as the left is what you're saying?

The founder of Jet and Ebony magazine was smart too. Michael Jordan might have revolutionized basketball. But comparing them to John Lewis??????????? Come on, now. Let's use some common sense on people's contributions to this country's journey toward a more perfect union.
Herman Cain's net worth = $7mil

Bob Johnson's net worth = $600 mil

I like Bob Johnson. Spoke with him a couple times when he was owner of the Charlotte Bobcats. Bob Johnson is not even in the same league as John Lewis, and I am sure he would tell you this himself.

Herman Cain's net worth = $7mil

Bob Johnson's net worth = $600 mil

I like Bob Johnson. Spoke with him a couple times when he was owner of the Charlotte Bobcats. Bob Johnson is not even in the same league as John Lewis, and I am sure he would tell you this himself.
Agree.

This is the problem, everything doesn't have to be liberal vs conservative. John Lewis would obviously get more of a "royal treatment" because he was a civil rights activist, a congressman and one of the last of his era. Just like how John McCain funeral had the "royal treatment" despite being a conservative.

Also, I don't necessarily believe all of those claims made by the democrats were true when he was a presidential candidate.
If I remember correctly those claims of his infidelities was Opposition Research initiated by one of his Republican rivals during the 2011 campaign. Then when it "leaked" there was no stopping the train.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

Yet you were more than willing to believe some BS video you pulled up from facebook or who knows where showing what was supposed to be George Floyd at age 16 on Judge Judy. A mathmetical impossibility, but you had no issue not only believing but posting it on a public forum. Clearly you believe what makes you feel good, truth is not part of the equation.

Yet you were more than willing to believe some BS video you pulled up from facebook or who knows where showing what was supposed to be George Floyd at age 16 on Judge Judy. A mathmetical impossibility. Clearly you believe what makes you feel good, truth is not part of the equation.

Well, clearly you are more than willing to believe anything negative about conservatives. Yes, I did believe the video about George Floyd because Floyd was a bum in every sense of the word and it fit the scenario of Floyd's real life. Because I found and posted what the real George Floyd did in his life like serving time in prison.

Well, clearly you are more than willing to believe anything negative about conservatives. Yes, I did believe the video about George Floyd because Floyd was a bum in every sense of the word and it fit the scenario of Floyd's real life. Because I found and posted what the real George Floyd did in his life like serving time in prison.
You believed it & you were dead wrong. Full stop.
Now tell us where the MSM, who you're always griping about, reported this fake news. Bet you can't do that because I'm betting it came straight from facebook or some similar bs source. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT