ADVERTISEMENT

HEY!! PARENTS WITH SCREAMING CHILDREN!!!

Seems our list of people we are truly unhappy with grows at exponential speed. It's the only thing we all seem to be able to agree on. It's as if we agree that we must disagree.

you’re all dicks. stop that crap!! i’m home from a loooong day at work, trying to enjoy my porch with some soft tunes and a drink. but nnnnooooo! neighbors let there animals out screaming bloody murder at excruciating notes. rendering my back porch useless. don’t bullshit either. you’re tired of hearing that garbage in your house, and you’re a bad parent for not addressing the problem with discipline. screams are for emergencies only, otherwise, “boy/girl who cried wolf” comes into play. fix it. don’t intentionally expose your personal problems to neighbors just because you don’t “feel like it right now”.

The kids were screaming cause as good parents they had taken em outside to beat the hell outta them:)

Reactions: cocks rule
When it comes to getting in one's wallet, the kids outside should be the least of our worries. It's the kids on the couch that will end up costing us all.

Kids are adults at 18. Treating them any other way is a disservice to the new adults and stunts their transition into adulthood . In other words it’s the parents fault for the lazy adults in society

Kids are adults at 18. Treating them any other way is a disservice to the new adults and stunts their transition into adulthood . In other words it’s the parents fault for the lazy adults in society
I'll buy that. My kids are far from lazy and grew up to be strong leaders as young adults. As their parent, I'm more than happy to take some credit for that. Lol

Reactions: tngamecock#
Yes,No, working on it.
Good luck. It’s just beyond the rainbow. Don’t give up just keep pushing on in that general direction and let us know when you get there so we can wall it up for you. Once you find it you don’t wanna let it get away and we sure don’t want you getting out again.

Last edited:
Fully agreed. By 18, all kids should be ready to be a responsible citizen (not perfect). I like Israel’s solution. All at 18 year old must join the Israeli Defense force.

Big difference between The sounds of kids playing joyfully and the piercing screams of conflict. I’ll take the former any day

Good luck. It’s just beyond the rainbow. Don’t give up just keep pushing on in that general direction and let us know when you get there so we can wall it up for you. Once you find it you don’t wanna let it get away and we sure don’t want you getting out again.
^^^^
A classic case of pleonasm.

Let people know how you really feel.
Although I might have expressed it a little differently, I completely agree with the OP. I have nothing but contempt and disrespect for people who do not correct - and thereby encourage - unacceptable behavior in their children. Definition: unacceptable behavior that which is cacophonous, rude, intrusive, and exercised anyplace where it disrupts the sanctity of others. You see it in restaurants all the time. I never allowed it and I despise parents who do.

Last edited:
Although I might have expressed it a little differently, I completely agree with them. I have nothing but contempt and disrespect for people who do not correct - and thereby encourage - unacceptable behavior in their children. Definition: unacceptable behavior that which is cacophonous, rude, intrusive, and exercised anyplace where it disrupts the sanctity of others. You see it in restaurants all the time. I never allowed it and I despise parents who do.
I didn't say I disagree or agree.

I didn't say I disagree or agree.
I let you know how I really feel. I wasn't looking for affirmation. But I did clarify the antecedent of my agreement which was the OP and any of those other posters who believe in correction. Correction (not cruelty) never hurt anyone and saved many people lives of dissipation and failure.

This thread is a microcosm of what is wrong with America. People are unable to see beyond their own wants and personal situation. “I am tired and kids having fun outside make too much noise and make it hard for me to relax when I want. Why won’t the whole world stand still and be quiet when I feel like relaxing”. We lack empathy and reason and cannot put ourselves in the shoes of others long enough to realize that we likely did the same thing/would do the same things if we were in their position. This is true in the context of social movements, this thread about kids (I am sure the OP never made any loud noises playing outside when he was a child? BS), politics... Nobody seems to care about anything beyond their own short term wants any more. One of the most relaxing sounds in the world to me is noise kids make when they are Laughing, screaming and having fun. Perhaps the OP needs to examine his personal outlook instead of bashing kids for being kids.

I let you know how I really feel. I wasn't looking for affirmation. But I did clarify the antecedent of my agreement which was the OP and any of those other posters who believe in correction. Correction (not cruelty) never hurt anyone and saved many people lives of dissipation and failure.
I've stated before that I believe good discipline is the key to a good life. Good discipline makes winners, it makes champions, it makes success easier. When one has self discipline life seems to fall into place in front of you. One develops good self discipline from a childhood of outer discipline. You can't practice what you haven't learned.

This thread is a microcosm of what is wrong with America...
Oh my goodness. Different stimuli influence different people differently. The OP hasn't gone over there to whip up on anybody. He just felt a need to vent a little bit on the board. It's therapeutic for him. Some people like to see children playing, even if they are noisy. Some people like peace and quiet at the end of a long day. I'm in that camp, but don't consider the issue of cosmic consequence. Doesn't mean I might not let off steam about it sometime.

Interesting hypothesis. I'm sure you have supporting documentation for this theory.
Documentation or no, I believe he is largely correct. I did most of my growing up in the 1960s, before most families had both parents working outside the home. Parenting patterns changed after that. I believe parents became a little more indulgent because they were tired and discipline takes time and effort. I also think that parents were subconsciously more lenient with children as a compensation for any neglect arising out of their work.

This thread is a microcosm of what is wrong with America. People are unable to see beyond their own wants and personal situation. “I am tired and kids having fun outside make too much noise and make it hard for me to relax when I want. Why won’t the whole world stand still and be quiet when I feel like relaxing”. We lack empathy and reason and cannot put ourselves in the shoes of others long enough to realize that we likely did the same thing/would do the same things if we were in their position. This is true in the context of social movements, this thread about kids (I am sure the OP never made any loud noises playing outside when he was a child? BS), politics... Nobody seems to care about anything beyond their own short term wants any more. One of the most relaxing sounds in the world to me is noise kids make when they are Laughing, screaming and having fun. Perhaps the OP needs to examine his personal outlook instead of bashing kids for being kids.

So it's always about turning the other cheek. Somebody else makes a racket and it's this guy's fault and somehow he is a poster child for selfishness? What about the inability of the folks next door to respect his desire to have a quiet time on his back porch?

Reactions: king ward
Documentation or no, I believe he is largely correct. I did most of my growing up in the 1960s, before most families had both parents working outside the home. Parenting patterns changed after that. I believe parents became a little more indulgent because they were tired and discipline takes time and effort. I also think that parents were subconsciously more lenient with children as a compensation for any neglect arising out of their work.
I can go along with the majority of your post, however I'm still going to question the original statement which is we have way to many useless kids that will unfortunately grow up into useless adults. "Way to many..." is too elusive for my taste to make such a definitive statement.

I can go along with the majority of your post, however I'm still going to question the original statement which is we have way to many useless kids that will unfortunately grow up into useless adults. "Way to many..." is too elusive for my taste to make such a definitive statement.
It is a generalization, to be sure. It also won't necessarily prove inaccurate because it would not be a new outcome. It's true of every generation.

ADVERTISEMENT