ADVERTISEMENT

HEY RAY, FLOYD, and BOT

The gap between SC and Clemson, Georgia, is widening every year. SC fans that expect them to win against those teams in the 3 or 4 years will be disappointed.
The only hope is that Muschamp is the guy for SC and in 2 or 3 years he will convince the same type of recruits to come to SC

Last edited:
650.gif

If we can’t push people (we can’t). We have to use every other imaginable facet to get people in space. Motion, shifts, fakes, etc.

Reactions: Brace1
Right. To be in USC top management, President, Provost, AD, BOT, all you have to do is get approved by the General Assembly. There are members of Clemson in that group and they see a bunch of ignorant USC people in charge and just vote OK! Any old business? We are doomed!

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
The gap between SC and Clemson, Georgia, is widening every year. SC fans that expect them to win against those teams in the 3 or 4 years will be disappointed.
The only hope is that Muschamp is the guy for SC and in 2 or 3 years he will convince the same type of recruits to come to SC
Will quit playing them the.

Reactions: GC2020
Very sad that our fan base and alumni have so little faith in our Admin to mke smart non-political decisions.

Very sad that our fan base and alumni have so little faith in our Admin to mke smart non-political decisions.

It is but the decades of crap results tell the story. Our current administration inherited a top 10 football program and since then it bottomed out while our rival improved at our expense. I have no respect for Tanner as ad nor Pastides as president. It was ALLOWED to happen.

It is but the decades of crap results tell the story. Our current administration inherited a top 10 football program and since then it bottomed out while our rival improved at our expense. I have no respect for Tanner as ad nor Pastides as president. It was ALLOWED to happen.
If we begged SOS to stay after he expressed desire to retire, it was not allowed...IT WAS ENCOURAGED AND NURTURED

I guess you also have a choice to make....give more money or get out....
Taters paid top tier $$$ and don’t seem to be going broke.
In fact they seem to have full stadium EVERY WEEK. IPTAY $$ thru the roof.

If you build it. They will come.

We have to be realists and understand how that little run we had occurred. All the stars were aligned......We got a great coach in SOS and the state of SC had some of the best recruits ever to come out of the state and all grew up gamecock fans (Lattimore, Gilmore, Clowney who we almost lost on a 1/2 day visit with the tater coaches). SO now the coaching thing is gone and we may never see a point in time when we have those type recruits come out of SC (then add to that the taters have infiltrated South Pointe HS and are getting those guys now). We need a MAJOR CHANGE for results to change. Can Muschamp attract the type players we need with Kirby and Dabo 2 hours away? I personally don't think so. It would take an Urban Myer kind of hire to change the tide now.

Reactions: GC2020
We have to be realists and understand how that little run we had occurred. All the stars were aligned......We got a great coach in SOS and the state of SC had some of the best recruits ever to come out of the state and all grew up gamecock fans (Lattimore, Gilmore, Clowney who we almost lost on a 1/2 day visit with the tater coaches). SO now the coaching thing is gone and we may never see a point in time when we have those type recruits come out of SC (then add to that the taters have infiltrated South Pointe HS and are getting those guys now). We need a MAJOR CHANGE for results to change. Can Muschamp attract the type players we need with Kirby and Dabo 2 hours away? I personally don't think so. It would take an Urban Myer kind of hire to change the tide now.

Clemson will fall back at some point. All great programs not named Bama do, and Clemson doesn't have a lot of the inherent advantages of some of those programs. SC certainly has to get better though. I agree with you about Georgia.

Clemson will fall back at some point. All great programs not named Bama do, and Clemson doesn't have a lot of the inherent advantages of some of those programs. SC certainly has to get better though. I agree with you about Georgia.
It's all about who the coach is. Bama has had lean times as well. That whole stretch between Bear and Stallings was lean. Rough Stretch between Stallings and Saban also. They are not exempt from decline.

It's all about who the coach is. Bama has had lean times as well. That whole stretch between Bear and Stallings was lean. Rough Stretch between Stallings and Saban also. They are not exempt from decline.
I know they aren't, but their program is good enough to bounce back quickly when they fall. That was my only point. I just don't think Clemson's program is like that. Clemson is a top 20 or so program all time, and they'll slide back to that point eventually and stay in that range over the long haul.

I know they aren't, but their program is good enough to bounce back quickly when they fall. That was my only point. I just don't think Clemson's program is like that. Clemson is a top 20 or so program all time, and they'll slide back to that point eventually and stay in that range over the long haul.

This is similar to when people said I think we will win: "because we are in their heads" or, the "pressure is on Clemson". These are quite foolish as is the above.

This is similar to when people said I think we will win: "because we are in their heads" or, the "pressure is on Clemson". These are quite foolish as is the above.
So you think Clemson is going to remain a top 5 team for the forseeable future? Many programs with many more natural advantages than Clemson couldn't do it.

You can no longer make the argument about "Fan Expectations" being too high at South Carolina, when Cow College is meeting and exceeding their Fan Expectations. It is been proven now for 3 Years that it can be done, and it is being done in our State.

Reactions: cocky4
As long as Dabo is there its going ro stay thst way.I can see them having a chance at making the playoffs for the next 3-4years.

In the ACC, someone is going to have to take it from them. Whether that be FSU, Miami, VaTech, Louisville or someone else.

UPC has won two national championships and recorded many double-digit win seasons under two different head coaches in the modern era. If two men can do it there, then probably one or two more can if they are the right men. It speaks to the environment there.

UPC has won two national championships and recorded many double-digit win seasons under two different head coaches in the modern era. If two men can do it there, then probably one or two more can if they are the right men. It speaks to the environment there.
Yes, but they're still not a top 5 program. Wouldn't you agree that they're closer to a top 20 program historically? I didn't say that they'd never be in the discussion going forward. I just don't see them living in the top 5 for years and years to come. That's not a knock on them. Not many teams can.

I basically jumped into this conversation to say that we wouldn't necessarily need to improve to Clemson's current level to catch up with them. I expect them to fall back over time just like almost every team does. This Clemson program is no different and no better than a number of other national championship teams that looked like they'd never come back down to earth.

Yes, but they're still not a top 5 program. Wouldn't you agree that they're closer to a top 20 program historically? I didn't say that they'd never be in the discussion going forward. I just don't see them living in the top 5 for years and years to come. That's not a knock on them. Not many teams can.

I basically jumped into this conversation to say that we wouldn't necessarily need to improve to Clemson's current level to catch up with them. I expect them to fall back over time just like almost every team does. This Clemson program is no different and no better than a number of other national championship teams that looked like they'd never come back down to earth.
UPC is currently a Top Five program with its sustainability at that level yet to be determined. My previous point was that there is a culture and milieu there that fosters football success. And it is that milieu that makes it possible for them to do what they do both now and at other times. And as long as it persists, they can always rise again after a retrenchment. They have someplace familiar to which to rise and the atmosphere that allows it to happen.

UPC is currently a Top Five program with its sustainability at that level yet to be determined. My previous point was that there is a culture and milieu there that fosters football success. And it is that milieu that makes it possible for them to do what they do both now and at other times. And as long as it persists, they can always rise again after a retrenchment. They have someplace familiar to which to rise and the atmosphere that allows it to happen.
No disagreement here, other than the sustainability factor you mention in the first sentence. Yes its technically still to be determined. Just not probable for a lengthy period of time imo. Guess we'll see.

No disagreement here, other than the sustainability factor you mention in the first sentence. Yes its technically still to be determined. Just not probable for a lengthy period of time imo. Guess we'll see.
UPC will always have recovery potential because of the milieu I mentioned. They aren't going to do without good football for very long. It won't be tolerated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT