ADVERTISEMENT

Hilinksi must really suck...

cofcgamecock9

Jan 12, 2006
I am never going to be convinced that any coach would purposely start a QB that was SIGNIFICANTLY worse than another QB (or any player) for biased reasons. Now if it is a close race then, sure, bias can come in and the fact that Hill stuck with Bobo and transferred could absolutely come into play.

But if Hilinski isn't a TON better than Hill, he is not the QB he was touted to be. Because Hill sucks. Sucks.

Reactions: Bleadgandb3334
Why isn’t Hilinski in the game?
I am never going to be convinced that any coach would purposely start a QB that was SIGNIFICANTLY worse than another QB (or any player) for biased reasons. Now if it is a close race then, sure, bias can come in and the fact that Hill stuck with Bobo and transferred could absolutely come into play.

But if Hilinski isn't a TON better than Hill, he is not the QB he was touted to be. Because Hill sucks. Sucks.

Beamer has ZERO ability to field a 'great' staff. That's Old Carolina. If he's coming with Bobo and Strong he has no connections or ability to identify coaching talent whatsoever.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
One would figure that Hilinski disengaged and all but had his papers turned in to the transfer portal a while back.

• Love
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Doty is 200x more mobil then Hillinski or Hill. Looks more passionate on the field then the Hill’s. But his throwing accuracy looks about the same if not worse. I think he plays better under
Pressure then the other two.

But we also have the worst crop of receivers in college football.

Doty is 200x more mobil then Hillinski or Hill. Looks more passionate on the field then the Hill’s. But his throwing accuracy looks about the same if not worse. I think he plays better under
Pressure then the other two.

But we also have the worst crop of receivers in college football.

Accuracy- let’s compare after he has played more than one half of SEC football.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Hate to say it but it’s the truth. If Ryan is behind these two guys then he is really not good.
Believe it has a lot more to do with Mizzou getting good pressure on the QB and a lack of consistent receivers getting space. From the stands, you could see Doty was actually creating throwing lanes because he was mobile and running himself into them. They were small and would require almost perfect timing when he stayed in the pocket.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Bobo just said it wasn't a question in his mind that after watching practice this week that Doty and Hill was ready for this game. That tells me that he believes Hilinski is not as good as either of them.

Hiliniski doesn't suck. He's a victim of horrible WR recruiting. I don't even think our O line is that bad. I think our WRs are just slow as molasses and quit on routes. Just not a very good group which makes everyone look bad. You really have no choice but to go backyard football and Hilinski doesn't have the speed to do that. Doty does.

This is exactly the same move Spurrier made when going to Syvelle over Mitchell, except then our Oline was a revolving door.

I really believe if we get the right coach, Hilinski will stay and have a two QB system with Doty and Hilinski...

Hilinski and his parents made a big move from California to South Carolina and for him to pack up and leave is very hard on the family, especially what they have been through the last several years....

Last edited:

I don't think its ryan sucking or not being as talented as hill. I just think Ryan doesn't fit the vision of the offense and where bobo wants it to be. Luke is the qn of the future his mobility is what set him apart. Ryan isnt mobile he wouldn't have played any better than hill who isn't mobile. Now i find it odd in the past we have kept hill in down by a lot more than we were last night i fell connor at halftime convinced bobo to make a change

I really believe if we get the right coach, Hilinski will stay and have a two QB system with Doty and Hilinski...

Hilinski and his parents made a big move from California to South Carolina and for him to pack up and leave is very hard on the family, especially what they have been through the last several years....
This is best case and I hope it happens. If Doty is indeed QB1 moving forward, he needs a backup and it needs to NOT be Hill.

If Hillinski wants to stay here, he at least deserves an opportunity this year for some playing time. He was thrown into the Alabama and Georgia game last year at the beginning of the year and did a credible job as a starter.

Can players take a redshirt year this year? Or opt out and still get that extra year?
From everything I understand, this year basically doesn’t exist. A Fr this year will still be a Fr next year with the opportunity to take a RS season over the next 4yrs yet. I’m no authority, but that’s what I’ve read.

From everything I understand, this year basically doesn’t exist. A Fr this year will still be a Fr next year with the opportunity to take a RS season over the next 4yrs yet. I’m no authority, but that’s what I’ve read.
I understand the same.

Hill & Hilinski are the same type of Qb's. Drop back passers. It's obvious that we have no playmakers and an inconsistent offensive line. Doty, a dual threat QB with speed and a decent passing arm give us the best opportunity.
BINGO!

The not enough playmaker thing doesn’t hold water with me. We saw with LSU there were a ton of passes left on the field and AM was terrible. No other coach in the world would have sent their starting QB out after those two performances

Did anyone watch the games last year? Hilinski is far better than Hill. It’s not even close. Given Muschamps track record with QB’s, Hilinski just needs to transfer to a competent program and will then probably end up in the NFL. It would not be the first time Muschamp wasted QB talent that ended up playing on Sundays. Let’s just use some logic here.

People crying about lack of OL forget that Hillinski had like a top 5 quickest release point in the NCAA last year

Reactions: DeBoer31
Right now, with the lack of receivers, Doty’s mobility is our best option. If Hilinski hangs around, great, but if he feels like he needs to go elsewhere, good luck to him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT