ADVERTISEMENT

Hillinski wavering?

Jon Snow

Dec 17, 2012
Korn's report of the Stanford Rivals site's comment on Hillinski's recruiting seems a little concerning.

Korn's report of the Stanford Rivals site's comment on Hillinski's recruiting seems a little concerning.

Saw he got back on Twitter (off for football season) just to say he was honored and humbled to recieve an offer from Stanford. I’d imagine he received offers between the start of football and last week.

I’m sure he has to think about it. At the end of the day if a big reason he’s coming to SC is because he and his family don’t want to go back into the Pac12 stadiums then that hurts Stanford. But they’ve been back to WSU this season so perhaps that is changing over time. He said he was 110% after Kentucky loss. But Stanford is different. Good football team. Puts guys in NFL. Great education. Wouldn’t be shocked if they flip him. Especially when you see the doom and gloom of our season.

Reactions: Judson1

Saw he got back on Twitter (off for football season) just to say he was honored and humbled to recieve an offer from Stanford. I’d imagine he received offers between the start of football and last week.

I’m sure he has to think about it. At the end of the day if a big reason he’s coming to SC is because he and his family don’t want to go back into the Pac12 stadiums then that hurts Stanford. But they’ve been back to WSU this season so perhaps that is changing over time. He said he was 110% after Kentucky loss. But Stanford is different. Good football team. Puts guys in NFL. Great education. Wouldn’t be shocked if they flip him. Especially when you see the doom and gloom of our season.
the fans and this website will be blamed.

He said he’s enrolling early. He can’t enroll early at Stanford.

Maybe he has surmised from our coach's determination not to replace a struggling incumbent quarterback unless he is crippled that he won't get a fair shot at the starting job if he comes here and the incumbent quarterback is still here.

Maybe he has surmised from our coach's determination not to replace a struggling incumbent quarterback unless he is crippled that he won't get a fair shot at the starting job if he comes here and the incumbent quarterback is still here.
So you don't trust one of the best QB coach's in the country decision on who the best QB is?

Reactions: bosoxcock
So you don't trust one of the best QB coach's in the country decision on who the best QB is?
No, I don't trust his boss who has a track record of being a micro manager when it comes to the offense. If he'd let his offensive assistants do their job then you'd see a huge improvement. I mean don't sit in meetings with them, nothing. Leave them the hell alone and turn your headset off when we have the ball.

He's not making that decision. And he wouldn't be making it if he were the OC. You know who is making it and why he is making it. No other explanation is plausible.

He's not making that decision. And he wouldn't be making it if he were the OC. You know who is making it and why he is making it. No other explanation is plausible.
Sure there is. Occam's Razor...the most plausible. The OC and the QB coach who see them both in practice everyday and who have much more experience in evaluating their performance, believe that despite his shortcomings, Bentley gives them the best chance to win.

Sure there is. Occam's Razor...the most plausible. The OC and the QB coach who see them both in practice everyday and who have much more experience in evaluating their performance, believe that despite his shortcomings, Bentley gives them the best chance to win.
If that is the operative principle here, then this razor needs some passes along the strop.

Cataclysmic.
eh, maybe. He's a drop back QB. I don't see too many middle of the pack teams busting out with a drop back QB. Even with the talent SOS amassed, we didn't break out until Shaw came along. To be sure, it would be a blow to what little street cred we carry these days, and it would likely hasten Champ's demise, but I don't see it as being the end of the our world. But, if Champ is recruiting no other viable QB for this class then he gets what he deserves.

eh, maybe. He's a drop back QB. I don't see too many middle of the pack teams busting out with a drop back QB. Even with the talent SOS amassed, we didn't break out until Shaw came along. To be sure, it would be a blow to what little street cred we carry these days, and it would likely hasten Champ's demise, but I don't see it as being the end of the our world. But, if Champ is recruiting no other viable QB for this class then he gets what he deserves.
Doesn't negate the cataclysm, which won't be visited on him alone.

Reactions: 4ever2thee
This board is golden. Comedy and paranoias at its best.

Btw. Korn now works for taters propaganda machine.

You guys are hanging on Korn reporting from a rival site. Hmmm, does reliable mean something different all of a sudden?

Not really . I just got back from delivering supplies to Mexico Beach . Kinda put our bad football season in perspective for me .

Come on, man. While I fully appreciate the devastation there and it certainly puts football in perspective, this is a football board and we're discussing a football issue. Hell if we compared our misery as fans to the misery around the world everyday, you'd never have an excuse to watch a game again.

I think this kid has program-changing character and talent. I've been wrong/disappointed plenty of times before, but I think the staff/fanbase is really banking on this guy (whether right or wrong).

Not only would it be devastating for our on-field performance, but to have the crown jewel of what could be a really good class decommit, especially someone who has been such a vocal proponent of the program, would be really bad.

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
It concerns me he said he got the offer he’s been waiting for for years, but then again, don’t they all say that in some way? Feel pretty sure that he’ll be here in January

He will be in Columbia come January! He can't enroll early at Stanford and just like every young man, he is ready to get out of his parent's house.

No kidding. Go read the message boards of UGA, Auburn, Mizzou. The "pro-style" quarterbacks are not having a good year in the SEC. Tua, Mond and Ta'amu are clearly the best qbs in the conference.

He may very well come to USC, but I wouldnt put any bets down on it. Stanford would be hard to turn down, and not just for football reasons. It could be interesting the next few months.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Come on, man. While I fully appreciate the devastation there and it certainly puts football in perspective, this is a football board and we're discussing a football issue. Hell if we compared our misery as fans to the misery around the world everyday, you'd never have an excuse to watch a game again.

It’s all good bro !! Just some crazy stuff going on down there . Kinda glad I didn’t get to watch the debacle this weekend .

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT