ADVERTISEMENT

Hire Shawn Elliott for the Head Coaching Job

We have two 2 stars and one three star offensive lineman committed. That is all Shawn Elliott's responsibility. You can't blame that on Spurrier. If he was a great coach he would have made lemonade out of lemon's. You make the best out of the situation you have. He did, but it wasn't good enough....
Not defending him as I think we should go outside for a coach, but your comments are senseless. What else is available for offensive linemen? Have you even looked? There are only 2 5* OL in the entire country. There are only about a dozen 4* in our entire recruiting area from DC to Miami. If we don't sign 3* and 2* Olinemen we won't have ANY. Is that what you want?

Mitch or Nunez have barely seen the field when they clearly should have. Now we wait until the season is a wash before giving them playing time? I still can't believe some think Elliott should stay as HC. Must be a joke thread
You do know Mitch has been in the hospital right/ And Nunez apparently went stupid and forgot everything he had been taught.

Shawn Elliott will out recruit any other coach that is available right now. He will get the main recruits in the state to play for Carolina instead of Clemson. Shawn Elliott cares about the Gamecock Tradition here in the state. He will bring the passion and excitement back to Willy B. Shawn cares for the players and University. He is committed to the program so you won't see him leave anytime soon. At least give him a year or two contract to prove people wrong.

You are either a few bricks shy of a full load or just a troll... either way we are laughing AT you :D

Too big of a risk. And I don't understand why I keep hearing this 2 year contract business. That's just not done in this industry. No coach can recruit with less than 4 years remaining on their contract. Remember SOS's 2-3 years comment?
The contract shouldn't be a big deal - coaches get fired every year with multiple years left on contract and huge buyouts - see Chizik, if you give Elliott 2 years and he fails, fire his a** and give him a $100 bucks and a Starbuck's card. To focus on his record as interim coach is crazy, he will win the 2 games you're favored in and lose the 4 that you're out-manned. He definitely has to hire his guys - the status quo would undermine him at every turn. Les Miles can't win big games with top 10 recruiting classes on an annual basis. No matter who you get or how much is spent - still a crap shoot in many ways!

The contract shouldn't be a big deal - coaches get fired every year with multiple years left on contract and huge buyouts - see Chizik, if you give Elliott 2 years and he fails, fire his a** and give him a $100 bucks and a Starbuck's card. To focus on his record as interim coach is crazy, he will win the 2 games you're favored in and lose the 4 that you're out-manned. He definitely has to hire his guys - the status quo would undermine him at every turn. Les Miles can't win big games with top 10 recruiting classes on an annual basis. No matter who you get or how much is spent - still a crap shoot in many ways!
I agree that the contract shouldn't be a big deal... but it is. Opposing coaches will use it against us in recruiting, and it will work. High school kids tend to be pretty gullible about this kind of stuff.

And I never even mentioned his record. It's too big of a risk hire a position coach as head coach. Just because it worked for the taters doesn't mean it's likely to work for us.

That is the dumbest statement from an armchair coach I've ever heard. Les deserves a spot in the HOF probably more so than Steve does!

Did baboons learn to type or something? Where are you people coming from?
Have you ever watched one of the LSU games when he plays top level competition? Probably not because you are on your computer spewing off BS like this. The only baboon on this site is your dumb a$$!

I agree that the contract shouldn't be a big deal... but it is. Opposing coaches will use it against us in recruiting, and it will work. High school kids tend to be pretty gullible about this kind of stuff.

And I never even mentioned his record. It's too big of a risk hire a position coach as head coach. Just because it worked for the taters doesn't mean it's likely to work for us.

After Saturday I must concur - being dealt a bad hand is one thing, not having the team ready to play is inexcusable! Bring in an entirely new staff - maybe keep the OC for now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT