ADVERTISEMENT

Holbrook bunting Schrock.....

Not sure if your comment is sarcasm but I thought it was the correct call. If we hit into a double play there, momentum would have gone to LSU and likely a different outcome. He moved two runners into scoring position on that bunt...and it was perfectly placed. I'm not a big fan of giving free outs, but that was good strategy.

Great move.

Opened up first for the probable walk to K-Mart which caused the walk-a-thon that won the game.

I can only imagine the ignorant bitchin' that would have occurred it things didn't work out. It caught everyone by surprise, ala mickey mantle bunt, (& good d by their 3rd baseman ), & sometimes things like that can set u back on yer heels. ....when they work out you look like a genius & when they don't u look like a bum.

Not sarcasm at all - very possible Max could've hit into a DP. LSU pitcher had a good sinker IIRC.

Also weren't going to give KM anything to hit, so bases loading walk was very possible.

Think this was pretty much a no-brainer call. Guys on first and second with no outs usually calls for a bunt in college baseball.

Reactions: RayGilda
Think this was pretty much a no-brainer call. Guys on first and second with no outs usually calls for a bunt in college baseball.
The argument (according to the talking heads on SEC Network) was that it took the bat out of Martin's hands. I also would have bunted and left it to Caldwell after Martin...can't really lose either way in that situation. On top of it, Schrock put down a gem and dang near beat it out, if not for a smooth, flawless effort by their 3B.

Reactions: RayGilda
Not sure if your comment is sarcasm but I thought it was the correct call. If we hit into a double play there, momentum would have gone to LSU and likely a different outcome. He moved two runners into scoring position on that bunt...and it was perfectly placed. I'm not a big fan of giving free outs, but that was good strategy.

i think i am the only one on this board who loves the sac bunt. if i were a coach, i would sac bunt almost everytime i got a runner on first with 0 or 1 out. that goes double if the team has a low batting average.

Do you guys not remember the exact same situation earlier in the season...?? he let Schrock hit away - into a double play, got runners at third and second as I recall...

Do you guys not remember the exact same situation earlier in the season...?? he let Schrock hit away - into a double play, got runners at third and second as I recall...

Good point. This didn't use to be a no-brainer call for Chad. Glad he's seeing the light.

Yes indeed, midweek game that we lost in extra innings. Some people were defending the situation say schrock couldn't bunt. He looked pretty good bunting the ball on that play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT