ADVERTISEMENT

Home plate ump is a lunatic

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
Tosses Kingston for arguing a call from the dugout and tosses Cortes for slamming his bat after a strikeout. The guy needs to grow a pair.

Reactions: Golden Cock
The UF pitcher hit 1 of our batters and the ump told both sides to stop the mouthing. Cortes is the 1 who needs to grow a pair.

The UF pitcher hit 1 of our batters and the ump told both sides to stop the mouthing. Cortes is the 1 who needs to grow a pair.
I saw it. They weren't mouthing. Hopkins stared Singer down yes. Ump gave the UF pitcher a warning for beaning our guy which was completely stupid because it wasn't intentional. It was a 3-2 count and the ball slipped out of his hands. I can understand setting a friendly tone by doing that but tossing our guys was extreme. As I stated, he's an oversensitive loon.

I saw it. They weren't mouthing. He gave the UF pitcher a warning for beaning our guy which was completely stupid because it wasn't intentional. It was a 3-2 count and the ball slipped out of his hands. As I stated, he's an oversensitive loon.
I agree,

I never umped. But I was a catcher all my playing days. It baffles me why so many umps make so many bad ball/strike calls.

I never umped. But I was a catcher all my playing days. It baffles me why so many umps make so many bad ball/strike calls.
Yep. They should just ask the catcher if the pitch was a ball or a strike. Problem solved. :p

I saw it. They weren't mouthing. Hopkins stared Singer down yes. Ump gave the UF pitcher a warning for beaning our guy which was completely stupid because it wasn't intentional. It was a 3-2 count and the ball slipped out of his hands. I can understand setting a friendly tone by doing that but tossing our guys was extreme. As I stated, he's an oversensitive loon.
Singer was absolutely mouthing off to Hop, and then to Blue. Hop did stare him down. As to the "slipping out of his hands", Singer hit Hop last year too. That's just too coincidental.

I've never liked Scott Cline or the way he calls games. He was on the crew that called last year's series, too.

Same ump was working the third base foul line yesterday and threw out the UF third base coach. Peterson was on tv calling out the ump for the unnecessary move. Said not even Bride could hear what the UF coach said to the ump. Maybe a warning was appropriate but just instantly tossing coaches/players on a whim is overboard. Third guy he tossed this weekend. NCAA should reprimand this guy.

Same ump was working the third base foul line yesterday and threw out the UF third base coach. Peterson was on tv calling out the ump for the unnecessary move. Said not even Bride could hear what the UF coach said to the ump. Maybe a warning was appropriate but just instantly tossing coaches/players on a whim is overboard. Third guy he tossed this weekend. NCAA should reprimand this guy.

Scott Cline (home blue from Friday) was working 2nd yesterday. Saturday's home blue was working 3B yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT