ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question here about Texas and green energy

In even more bizarre blame game for this whole situation Larry Kudlow says what happened in Texas was Biden’s fault.

“Unfortunately in the early weeks - what, we’ve got a month here - it has been a left, progressive agenda.
“He’s gone after the energy sector. You saw some of the consequences in Texas. That’s just the tip of the iceberg.”

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
So I see where politically AOC is saying if Texas had invested in green energy, then none of the issues they are dealing with right now would have happened. All this is a reason for green new deal. So my question is, it seems everything went bad when solar panels and wind turbines froze up, literally. Are those not considered renewable sources of energy and therefore “green” energy? If so doesn’t that make her argument completely idiotic? Not trying to get a political issue going but correct me please if I am wrong about wind turbines and solar panels being green sources of energy. Maybe I am wrong there. I don’t truly follow that type of stuff all to closely.

Texas has been the leader in investing in Wind Energy. That was one of the problems as most of the wind farms developed ice on the turbines and went out of commission. No one thought the heating elements that are used in northern states inside the wind turbine blades was necessary and so they didn't have them. It just hasn't been that cold in Texas in just half a century, so the state wasn't ready.

Investing in green energy means the extremes of climate change must be taken into consideration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT