ADVERTISEMENT

Honeymoon phase for Beamer is over.

Let's see how the season plays out.

But, Beamer does need to show he has the coaching chops. The good news is that he has not lost to anyone he was supposed to beat. The bad news is that he has not beat anyone he was supposed to lose to. His recruiting is about the same as Muschamp's was. That won't get it done unless he can get the players to overachieve on the field, which has not yet happened. If he can do THAT, then his recruiting will greatly improve. Don't misunderstand; his recruiting thus far is good. But, it's not great. Show you have the coaching chops; then even better players will come to play for him.
Too soon to compare him to Muschamp in any way. The guy needs more than one season.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Too soon to compare him to Muschamp in any way. The guy needs more than one season.
Muschamp's first class in a full recruiting cycle was ranked #16. Thus far, Beamer's class is ranked #18. They are comparable, thus far. Beamer will have to step it up. There's no doubt about that. His recruiting prowess was what his supporters were touting. I'm pulling for him.

I'm not one of those "fire Beamer" people half of a season in to his first year. Obviously it's going to take a few years to turn this shit show around. But it's clear that our offensive scheme, play calling just isn't going to work. Satterfield was a "buddy" hire. Hopefully Beamer learns from this mistake and cans him at the end of the year. But judging by his post game pressers, this isn't going to happen. He seems to think Satterfield is doing a great job...somehow. Unless our offense has a drastic turn around, we need to find a OC sooner rather than later.
He gets a pass this year! Regardless of what happens, just take this year to learn, make changes to staff if need be, recruit your ass off, etc.
The clock starts sticking next year!

You are talking about events that happened 40-50 years ago in different sports. It isn't relevant to 2021 CFB. It UT, Ole Miss, and Arkansas can see improvement early on in their new coach's careers then Beamer needs improve as well

Let's see how the season plays out.

But, Beamer does need to show he has the coaching chops. The good news is that he has not lost to anyone he was supposed to beat. The bad news is that he has not beat anyone he was supposed to lose to. His recruiting is about the same as Muschamp's was. That won't get it done unless he can get the players to overachieve on the field, which has not yet happened. If he can do THAT, then his recruiting will greatly improve. Don't misunderstand; his recruiting thus far is good. But, it's not great. Show you have the coaching chops; then even better players will come to play for him.
Recruiting has been good? He was hired in Dec.....had all offseason to snag transfer portal players. We all know there were a ridiculous amount of them. What do we have one kid playing from the first class (JuJu)?

That begs another question. Even though I thought that kid was one of our best recruits...he is no bigger than 175 lbs dripping wet. Is he the only guy that can consistently get on the field amongst a team that has huge holes to fill all over the place?
Are we really doing good in recruiting thus far???

3-4 year rebuild minimum. Not a lot of SEC talent on this team. Some coaching changes will inevitably occur also. Gonna be a bad couple of years. Hopefully we see improvements every year.
We had three 5 stars on the the team beamer took over one left SC has never had 3 five stars on the same team,(correct me of wrong)
Doubt if beamer signs one 5 star as a head coach. Great dad, great husband, great person, just not a very good coach. He couldn't even get the old Dominion job in Virginia where his dad is a hall of Fame coach from VA tech even played for a national championship. He did put a pretty good staff together. Let's see if he can recruit? I agree with the majority opinion on this board and that is we need a way better oc than satterfield. He Has to go. If he stays in dropping out of gamecock club, tickets, and full scholarship donation.

Reactions: BayouRooster
You ever thought that they don’t have the talent and players with good enough football IQ to run the scheme they want.
Yeah every coach talks about how hard it is for our players to learn the scheme. Yet fr playing great at other schools. Guess we need smarter kids

Reactions: Legendary Cock
We had three 5 stars on the the team beamer took over one left SC has never had 3 five stars on the same team,(correct me of wrong)
Doubt if beamer signs one 5 star as a head coach. Great dad, great husband, great person, just not a very good coach. He couldn't even get the old Dominion job in Virginia where his dad is a hall of Fame coach from VA tech even played for a national championship. He did put a pretty good staff together. Let's see if he can recruit? I agree with the majority opinion on this board and that is we need a way better oc than satterfield. He Has to go. If he stays in dropping out of gamecock club, tickets, and full scholarship donation.
Honestly , gotta give Coach Beamer a chance. He took over a pretty crappy situation.

Reactions: TAV31
I'm not one of those "fire Beamer" people half of a season in to his first year. Obviously it's going to take a few years to turn this shit show around. But it's clear that our offensive scheme, play calling just isn't going to work. Satterfield was a "buddy" hire. Hopefully Beamer learns from this mistake and cans him at the end of the year. But judging by his post game pressers, this isn't going to happen. He seems to think Satterfield is doing a great job...somehow. Unless our offense has a drastic turn around, we need to find a OC sooner rather than later.
👍

Vegas money was at 3.5 wins for this team. I've been burned many many times because I thought I was smarter than Vegas. We already have 5 wins with a chance to reach 8 wins if we beat AU, CU, and a bowl victory. I'm thinking 6-7 will be our final record after a bowl loss. So no matter what we have done better than most believed. We just need a better OC!!! Shane is doing a pretty good job otherwise with all the other areas. With more depth, our defense and special teams could be special. The offense just needs a new direction in general.

Vegas money was at 3.5 wins for this team. I've been burned many many times because I thought I was smarter than Vegas. We already have 5 wins with a chance to reach 8 wins if we beat AU, CU, and a bowl victory. I'm thinking 6-7 will be our final record after a bowl loss. So no matter what we have done better than most believed. We just need a better OC!!! Shane is doing a pretty good job otherwise with all the other areas. With more depth, our defense and special teams could be special. The offense just needs a new direction in general.
Vegas didn't count on Florida being trash this season.

We are stuck with Beamer for at least the next couple of years. Watching us this year, it's hard to believe that he is Frank Beamer's son. Did he not learn anything from the old man, in all those years?

Reactions: lostcock
Even if Beamer thinks that Satterfield's output thus far is unsatisfactory, and we don't know that, I wouldn't expect him to call him out publicly to the press.
He hasn't had a problem throwing QBs under the bus by name. It's the job of a coach to make sure the players know and understand the schemes and playbook enough to execute.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
CSB has certainly been subjected to the full Gamecock experience this season. No team can pull off the musical chair of emotions that includes acceptance of failure to deliriously happiness to soul crushing depression quite like we can.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT