ADVERTISEMENT

Hotels in Columbia

13UKCATS13

Sep 6, 2007
Heading to Columbia this year for the game and was looking for some insight on best places to stay/eat. My goal is to make it to every SEC stadium for a game and take in the atmosphere of the best college conference in America

I recommend the Hampton Inn on Gervais St. (2 blocks from State Capital bldg). It is right in the middle of the Vista which is the best dining and entertainment in town. Its right next door to Liberty Tap room (my favorite) and across the street from Blue Marlin and Longhorns. Everything is within walking distance - except the stadium of course, which is about 2 or 3 miles down Assembly St.

Heading to Columbia this year for the game and was looking for some insight on best places to stay/eat. My goal is to make it to every SEC stadium for a game and take in the atmosphere of the best college conference in America

I highly recommend The Hilton at 924 Assembly Str.

I don't have the number, but just Google it and you'll see fir yourself.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: chick75
Both hotels suggested above are excellent. The Hilton has a Ruth's Chris restaurant - great steaks - nice parking in the next door garage. The Vista is a very nice eating/accommodations/ entertainment district with lots of foot traffic every night.

Stayed a couple of nights at the Hilton in early June. Great place!

Hey now, I was there back at the first of June as well!!

Are You the lady I met at the bar in Ruth's Chris?? :cool::p:D

(Just kidding, just kidding!!)

I highly recommend The Hilton at 924 Assembly Str.

I don't have the number, but just Google it and you'll see fir yourself.

Hope that helps!

The Hilton is on Senate Street, not Assembly. I'd stay there, the Hampton Inn in the Vista, the Hyatt Place in the Vista or the Sheraton on Washington Street.

Just be prepared to grab your ankles when staying at any of them.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Looking forward to the trip.

A friend of mine has family there and they recommended the Embassy Suites. Thoughts?

A friend of mine has family there and they recommended the Embassy Suites. Thoughts?

No, why would you want to stay out in the suburbs? Stay in the Vista or Main Street areas of downtown.

Well there's a stripper bar there for ya right across the street! LOL!

That's further out. It's on a frontage road off I-126. There is nothing near it except Platinum Plus. If you stay in the Vista you are within walking distance of just about anything you want to do. It's closer to the stadium as well.

Hilton Columbia Center
http://www.hiltoncolumbia.com/

Walking distance to:
Oyster Bar (Dying to go back here the next time i'm in Columbia)
Flying Saucer
Lots of where the non-students go to for the weekend.

If you are 30 or under, you can take a cab to the 5 pts and hang out with the USC students.

If you are looking for some barbq and don't mind driving; try Little Pig on Alpine Road.

Check out the post above regarding this...
Some additional things though; it does make it a closer driving distance to Harbison/Irmo. If you are making it an extended weekend, you can spend a day out on Lake Murray. If not, it's better to spend that time in downtown/vista/5 pts.

The Embassy Suites is awesome if you don't need to stay in the vista. It's a short drive to campus and they have an awesome complimentary breakfast.

Just FYI.....whatever rate they quote, add about $60-$70/night to that. Downtown Columbia hotels have more taxes, charges and fees than I've seen anywhere else across the country. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn on Gervais and would recommend it to anyone. There are 15 good restaurants/bars within a short walking distance. Another good choice is the Inn at USC (now operated by Wyndham), the rooms are a little smaller but the breakfast is fantastic and it's in a good location.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT