ADVERTISEMENT

Hottest game you ever attended at W-B?

Hmm...I must’ve been in the shade.

That game was the first time the “swaying” in the upper deck actually frightened me.

Me also.......I ran from my seats in the upper deck. But like a dummy, I ran to the lower level. My brother said you idiot, I would rather ride it down than get crushed when it collapses

05, I believe. Alabama.
I've been to some as hot as this for sure but this game was different. It was the first game in person for my wife who is not a football fan.
Let's just say 14 years later and it's still the only game she's ever been to!
I think this may have ended up working out well, as much as I love my wife this experience has allowed me to keep football games as "my thing" which I think has been healthy for us long term.

I've been to some as hot as this for sure but this game was different. It was the first game in person for my wife who is not a football fan.
Let's just say 14 years later and it's still the only game she's ever been to!
I think this may have ended up working out well, as much as I love my wife this experience has allowed me to keep football games as "my thing" which I think has been healthy for us long term.

Golf is my thing but I do prefer to teach ladies how to golf, they learn faster and progress better than guys

Golf is my thing but I do prefer to teach ladies how to golf, they learn faster and progress better than guys
giphy.gif

The ECU game is the only game I have ever had to go underneath for, the humidity

UGA last year 2 Georgia fans that I know that went said that was without a doubt the most miserable heat they had ever felt at a game and my buddy had to go under. It was absolutely brutal.I was in the shade in the west upper and I dont know how the people in the east stands made it. (seeing Coastal the week before was just as bad)

I remember Nebraska as the hottest I was there but I was like 9 so I didnt feel it like I would now.

The other Georgia games was brutal they all blur together with last seasons feeling the worst to me.

The last UNC game in Charlotte was brutal.

Don’t know about hot but that chit in Alabama vs uconn my brother got a pizza it had done gotten cold it was awful, and we got spanked. Coldest I’ve ever been.!

Nebraska '86 was 103 degrees actual temp.
Hot, but not 103. As I said, I’ve been at worse.

“But by the end, it took every breath 4-0 Nebraska had to pull out a 27-24 win over 1-4 South Carolina. A sellout crowd of 73,109 at Williams-Brice Stadium endured 94-degree heat and 50 percent humidity to see the Huskers come from behind twice in the final 10 minutes to win.”

Read more: https://dataomaha.com/huskers/history/game/1986-10-4-south-carolina#ixzz5pRdcN1mX

Hot, but not 103. As I said, I’ve been at worse.

“But by the end, it took every breath 4-0 Nebraska had to pull out a 27-24 win over 1-4 South Carolina. A sellout crowd of 73,109 at Williams-Brice Stadium endured 94-degree heat and 50 percent humidity to see the Huskers come from behind twice in the final 10 minutes to win.”

Read more: https://dataomaha.com/huskers/history/game/1986-10-4-south-carolina#ixzz5pRdcN1mX
I don't care what that says. I was there, and it was 103 degrees. The game time temp was broadcast on the radio as well. I was sitting on the lower west side and everyone was monitoring the temp. It was after a summer where Columbia had endured a record number of consecutive days of 100 degree plus temps.

I don't care what that says. I was there, and it was 103 degrees. The game time temp was broadcast on the radio as well. I was sitting on the lower west side and everyone was monitoring the temp. It was after a summer where Columbia had endured a record number of consecutive days of 100 degree plus temps.
That is like Saudi Arabia hot considering the game was played in October

2008 UGA game was blazing. Took my pregnant wife and still hear about it to this day.

The '08 UGA is the one for me as well. That game had a 3:30 kick-off, but it was sweltering throughout the entirety of it. I wore a t-shirt and cargo shorts, and looked like I had jumped in a lake with my clothes on at the end of the game.

The UGA players had a hard time with the heat as well, even thought they ended up beating us. We had a potential TD pass from Smelley to Whitlock (who was playing WR for that game) mess up, and a goal-line fumble from the first Mike Davis (I think), who was trying to leap over the top of the LOS, and lost 14-7.

The 2nd half of that game was all us, but we couldn't punch in a score to tie the game. Afterwards, many UGA players were on IVs, and UGA QB Matt Stafford had to be carried off of the field from intense cramping. Our own team didn't seem that affected by the heat....

The '08 UGA is the one for me as well. That game had a 3:30 kick-off, but it was sweltering throughout the entirety of it. I wore a t-shirt and cargo shorts, and looked like I had jumped in a lake with my clothes on at the end of the game.

The UGA players had a hard time with the heat as well, even thought they ended up beating us. We had a potential TD pass from Smelley to Whitlock (who was playing WR for that game) mess up, and a goal-line fumble from the first Mike Davis (I think), who was trying to leap over the top of the LOS, and lost 14-7.

The 2nd half of that game was all us, but we couldn't punch in a score to tie the game. Afterwards, many UGA players were on IVs, and UGA QB Matt Stafford had to be carried off of the field from intense cramping. Our own team didn't seem that affected by the heat....
I thought Georgia won 18-0.

You are correct. My fault

Wouldn't mind if Sancho was with us at Anfield.
He could possibly end up with some other big club. Dortmund has a hard time keeping very skilled players. I would like to see Jurgen Klopp as the next boss in Munchen. He has taken Liverpool to two consecutives Champion league finals. Good luck against the Hotspurs.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackrabbit slim
He could possibly end up with some other big club. Dortmund has a hard time keeping very skilled players. I would like to see Jurgen Klopp as the next boss in Munchen. He has taken Liverpool to two consecutives Champion league finals. Good luck against the Hotspurs.
After last year, Pool needs to bring this one home.

After last year, Pool needs to bring this one home.
Liverpool has a way better chance this Saturday than last year. First, Liverpool will not have the same Goalkeeper(that is about the biggest disaster I have ever witnessed) that played against Real last year. Second, I think Salah will be highly motivated since missing last season final. Finally, Klopp will have this team ready to go.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Several September games over the last 37 years are tied for first, usually kicking off at noon or one

You are correct about those early September games. Some of the hottest games to me anyway were the night games at least before kick-off. Again, back to the ECU game it was a 6:00 PM or 7:00 PM kick-off but before the game started (we always get there a couple of hours before game time to avoid traffic) it was miserable hot. For the ECU game I remember us walking up to Bojangles to get something to eat and to cool of some. However, the place was so crowded one couldn't really cool off very much in there. Plus we were parked across from the Olympia School and walking through that horde of people made even that much worse. It was hard work just to walk from the parking lot to Bojangles. Anyway, we walked back to the car after we ate at Bojangles (and it was so hot it took ones appetite). We were parked on a grass surface and I turned the A/C on to try and cool off a little and the thermometer in the car read 98 degrees F. and it's always been accurate within a couple of degrees.

But again, the first or second game of the season has always been hot regardless if it's an afternoon game or night game. And to me it's those night games that are the hottest before the game actually starts. Isn't it always the hottest part of the day around 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM during the summer. Once I get so hot I seemingly never cool off until the game is over and we traveling home on I-26. But even when I was much younger in my late 20s and early 30s I've almost pasted out after driving from WNC without stopping and parking in the fair grounds, opening the door and almost passing out.

For the early games in September a few degrees in temperature or a few percentage points in humility one way or the other doesn't really matter that much. As I said earlier I think it's the condition of the person that can have a huge impact to how hot they feel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT