ADVERTISEMENT

How about Stoops from Kentucky?

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
He has certainly done more than CWM, with less talent and inferior facilities. Not to mention that he’s 3-1 versus Muskrat.

Reactions: mannblack
He has certainly done more than CWM, with less talent and inferior facilities. Not to mention that he’s 3-1 versus Muskrat.
Or Les Miles or Mark Richt ??
No disrespect but let’s stop bringing up these type of names

Again, Why leave what you have built to go to something that needs more help. He has nobody to compete with in the state of KY and OH only has OhSt.

In Columbia he has two top 5 programs (that he has to play every year) with 2 hours of driving time. Not an ideal situation for building a program.

Reactions: Mr_Blutarsky
No retreads. And USC isn't going to draw a successful Power 5 coach as they are already in a better position. And why would Stoops want to come here? He has it better in Kentucky. They are more than satisfied with being just a hair above mediocre as they are mainly concerned with basketball. And it seems like every time we go to Kentucky he beats the brakes off of USC anyway.

As a UK fan I respectfully take exception to your first statement. I consider USC and UK to be fairly comparable in facilities and talent. He is not without his faults but he has put UK on a fairly solid foundation. From a long-term perspective he has UK FB in the best shape it’s been since Bear Bryant left town.... which sadly speaks to a lot of mediocrity in between.

I wouldn't put up a fight if you really wanted him. He would do slightly better than Muschamp but isnt that much different of a coach. You'd good players, your offense would blow, defense would be slightly above average and you'd want him fired 4 years from now.

UK and SCAR fan here. Have lived in SCAR for 20+ years. Uh, do your research man.....Kentucky poured in over 180 million dollars 4 years ago and their facilities rank in the top 15 in the Nation.....FYI
All the research is in, and...um, yes— South Carolina’s football facilities are better. Sorry to have to break that news to you. But you guys are still top notch in BB.

Maybe Bob Stoops, not sure about Mark at Carolina. We need someone who is going to be able to draw recruits and then be able to coach them up!

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Why do you say that?
If you can divorce your emotions from the situation look at it this way.
If you are working for a successful company that through you efforts is the one responsible for it's current success, why consider jumping to another company that not only is currently failing but has an overall history of average results.
Also keep in mind your current company can easily match and surpass any moneys offered.

All the research is in, and...um, yes— South Carolina’s football facilities are better. Sorry to have to break that news to you. But you guys are still top notch in BB.
And um, tit for tat.....SCAR's are a little newer, but in the grand scheme of things, if they're better it's not by much! Certainly not enough to make a huge difference whether a recruit chooses between the two. And in the end, to a recruit, they see W's & L's and in SCAR's current coaching situation, nice facilities is like trying to pass a turd off as a Baby Ruth......You might get some tire kickers, but not alot of takers!

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong.....I realize UK is 2&4 as well. Point being is Mark Stoops may be a bit of an upgrade, but not much. He and WM are virtually the same in that they play ball control. Neither plays to win, both play not to lose. Which won't get'r done in the SEC!! SCAR should look into Dean Hood as a possible HC. He was the force behind Stoops 10-3 team and everyone in Kentucky knows it!! It's become painfully obvious since he left for a HC gig at Murray State.

Last edited:
No retreads. And USC isn't going to draw a successful Power 5 coach as they are already in a better position. And why would Stoops want to come here? He has it better in Kentucky. They are more than satisfied with being just a hair above mediocre as they are mainly concerned with basketball. And it seems like every time we go to Kentucky he beats the brakes off of USC anyway.
More than satisfied with mediocrity? That is a FALSE statement! Check the Wildcat Lair message board. Looks much like SCAR's!! Both our fan bases are pi$$ed! Not all Kentuckians live and breathe BB! I for one could care less about College BB or Baseball!!

I'm down with that! If UK can get their offense fixed and pair it with the D they're legit! Hope Stoops never leaves.....
Please keep him, he is a slightly improved version of what we already have, a defensive coach with no ability to find a consistent offense.

More than satisfied with mediocrity? That is a FALSE statement! Check the Wildcat Lair message board. Looks much like SCAR's!! Both our fan bases are pi$$ed! Not all Kentuckians live and breathe BB! I for one could care less about College BB or Baseball!!

If you have learned anything from football at KU, or S Car., you should know that the fan bases can be pissed all they want and it will make little difference. Kentucky has a ceiling in football, and to be honest, USC probably does as well as the lay of the land currently exists. Hey, at least you do have basketball. Here at USC we seem to have mastered mediocrity in that sport as well.

If you have learned anything from football at KU, or S Car., you should know that the fan bases can be pissed all they want and it will make little difference. Kentucky has a ceiling in football, and to be honest, USC probably does as well as the lay of the land currently exists. Hey, at least you do have basketball. Here at USC we seem to have mastered mediocrity in that sport as well.
You speak as if Carolina is a traditional power looking to get back to that level.? As I said before, I've lived in SCAR for 20+ years. I've watched Gamecock football as long as I have Kentucky football. Three 11 and 2 seasons is good, but hardly qualifies as a traditional National power. For that matter if were looking at it from a past view, Kentucky has a National Championship from the Bear Bryant days! There's really no more football tradition here than in KY. And you guys are way too hard on Frank Martin! He damn near got you to a National Championship game! If he had UK's talent he would get it done! And may get it done eventually. An appearance in the Final Four is nothing to sneeze at.....Should be a good team coming back for him this year by all indications.

Last edited:
And um, tit for tat.....SCAR's are a little newer, but in the grand scheme of things, if they're better it's not by much! Certainly not enough to make a huge difference whether a recruit chooses between the two. And in the end, to a recruit, they see W's & L's and in SCAR's current coaching situation, nice facilities is like trying to pass a turd off as a Baby Ruth......You might get some tire kickers, but not alot of takers!
Your user name suggests you're a Kensucky fan. If that is the case, why are you on our board? Do you like to stick your nose in other peoples' misery? If so, that reveals a pretty ugly character flaw. I'd suggest you go sow your seeds of discord elsewhere. Please, and thank you.

Your user name suggests you're a Kensucky fan. If that is the case, why are you on our board? Do you like to stick your nose in other peoples' misery? If so, that reveals a pretty ugly character flaw. I'd suggest you go sow your seeds of discord elsewhere. Please, and thank you.
Kensucky! Never heard that one before.....you're pretty sharp! As I said on a post above gr8spur, I've lived in SCAR half my life and am also a Gamecock fan! Hey, at least give me credit for not jumpin' on the Clemson bandwagon! Also a Gamecock season ticket holder.....No need to get pissy! You act as if I'm the only apathetic fan on the board. Just click the ignore button and so on

Last edited:
I hear you. But honestly, his teams are more exciting to watch.

I admit that Muschamp's resume is mediocre head coach whose somewhat decent defenses keep many games close but attempts to have the most boring offense in the history of college football and comes close to that. However, if exciting to watch but not caring about wins is your measure, hire Mike Leach.

I admit that Muschamp's resume is mediocre head coach whose somewhat decent defenses keep many games close but attempts to have the most boring offense in the history of college football and comes close to that. However, if exciting to watch but not caring about wins is your measure, hire Mike Leach.

Why, the rednecks on here would have him hanging in the White Point Garden in 5 yrs.......Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT