ADVERTISEMENT

How bad will Clemson beat us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree...and the one area that we should have an advantage in, our defensive front 7 versus their OL, we seem to have lost. Caldwell has done miracles with a truly makeshift OL and we insist on trying to get pressure solely from our front 4 [thank you Hoke and your #$%^& Tampa -2]

Of all the hires made on the tater coaching staff in recent years, the Caldwell one as O.L. coach caused me immediate concern. Been watching his O.L.s since he coached this position at Furman
(under Dick Sheridan) & his guys controlled the line of scrimmage against us...esp. in the 4th quarter...in that awful loss in 1982. Talk about timing being everything...wouldn't you know fat-ass Brad Scott would move into administration at the same time Caldwell's one-year interim H.C. gig at Vandy was over.

7D99A53F-37E9-4C67-A091-36BB8E1F7555_zpsqpvnt6dv.jpg

Reactions: grilled124
Due to my $&@& work schedule right now, this is the only game I'm going to this year. I have a good feeling, and I hope we do more than just show up like in 2014. Go Cocks

One thing is for sure. Clempson may win, but it will be the only time all year they play on the road in a real environment. Makes winning games a lot easier when the crowd plays no role. That want be the case in Columbia

One thing is for sure. Clempson may win, but it will be the only time all year they play on the road in a real environment. Makes winning games a lot easier when the crowd plays no role. That want be the case in Columbia

Yeah hopefully the crowd brings it for the entire game and gives them something they haven't seen

Seriously, at loserville, at miami, at NC state, at Syracuse. None even come close to Williams Brice. It may not bother them, but I think it will make a big difference.

They're going to beat us as bad as they want to this year. If there's a question of them making the playoffs, they'll run it up like a slot machine.

What if watson is knocked out for the year? No chance even then? Just wondering....
Realistic...Watson is just a part of what makes them good. They have recruited well across the board and to beat us they would just need a game manager at QB if Watson went down.

It just blows me away the negativity...I hope all the naysayers stay at the damn house that day. Hell the game is a month away and you guys think we have already lost. It just blows my mind. I'm thinking our guys will play with crazy emotion...the crowd will be extremely loud. And Carolina comes out on top...out of pure adversity! "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard"

Stay positive!

Positive is one thing, but delusional is quite another.

Seriously, at loserville, at miami, at NC state, at Syracuse. None even come close to Williams Brice. It may not bother them, but I think it will make a big difference.
Don't forget AT Wake Forest - I'm sure that's intimidating!!

They're going to beat us as bad as they want to this year. If there's a question of them making the playoffs, they'll run it up like a slot machine.
Never hope for players to get injured (and would rather play/beat a team full strength imo), but in all seriousness they don't play tough enough teams to get hurt. Wasn't their worst injury THIS year when the receiver ran into the goalpost for instance?

Never hope for players to get injured (and would rather play/beat a team full strength imo), but in all seriousness they don't play tough enough teams to get hurt. Wasn't their worst injury THIS year when the receiver ran into the goalpost for instance?

He broke his neck...

Realistically... Clemson is up 35-0 at halftime. If Dildo feels like they need style points for the playoff, they'll run it up and it'll be something like 56-7 or 63-7. If not, he'll rest the starters for ACCCG and it'll be something like 49-14.

For some reason though, I still have this small glimmer of hope that something crazy will happen and we'll stay in the game... Just a lot of things happen to go our way and against them. Hell Louisville and BC both hung around with them, maybe by then we won't be THAT much worse than those two.

For the record though, based on what we've seen so far, it would have to be a weird, wacky game for us to have a chance. But those have happened before, I suppose

Although, Spurrier is not the coach, there is one thing that I would take from his team's defensive playbook at UF when they played UT with Manning as the QB - the motto was to hit Manning on every single down. Watson looks a lot bigger and stronger now, but the defense needs to hit him and hit him hard and as often as possible and until the whistle stops blowing. If that means safety blitzes to get pile drive him into the ground then so be it. Make the hits clean and if possible, hit him with more than one guy. If he has not been touched by the end of the 1st quarter and is not in fear of his life, they will do what they want and the score will be unpredictable, but they need to figure out how to hit Watson with the house (same goes for hitting the RB and WRs) - clean solid hard hits. I was highly disappointed last year that we simply were not hitting the QB in the game - how could they have come into the game last year (with a gimpy QB) without a gameplan to hit the QB hard and often. Also, if the WRs are coming across the middle on short slant passes, the LBs need to make them pay.

The hits have to be on caliber with Swearinger and Isiah Johnson hits - if the defense has solid in their chest and driving tackles, we could have a chance - otherwise?? Heck - I would even take a couple of 15 yd penalties to push the limit.

Personally, I think you are looking at a new and reinvigorated team right now - now of course that could change if they get curb stomped a couple of times between now and the CU game. I am not sure what happened to the UM team this past weekend against CU. With as much talent that UM supposedly has, there is no excuse for losing by that score - no wonder the coach was fired - I personally believe the team stopped playing for him.

Last edited:
We let him off the hook last year with 1 leg, but I'm not sure we could get but so much pressure on him with our DL. This year either. An aggressive DL plays right into their strengths with their quick passing game. This game will be won by playing assignment football from our backers and DB's. And doing whatever is necessary to move the chains. If they do have a weakness, it's special teams.....special teams go run laps with Farmer Fran

Clemson like all year has nobody left to play until our game. Let's see how we fare on the road against SEC schools with 100,000 hostile fans and against a Florida team that I think could beat the Taters before we say Clemson will beat us.

Certainly they should be favored at this point but it's also absurd to go ahead and assume it will be the worst loss in the history of the rivalry. If they give a Louisville type performance and we come out swinging, I can absolutely see us taking that game. I'm most interested to see how we look after Elliot has coached a few games compared to the Vandy game (which I didn't think was bad).

We let him off the hook last year with 1 leg,

Funny was watching us rush 3 guys and sometimes 2 guys against Watson last year...all I can say is that with the Taylor\Ingram and earlier versions of our defense staff, that kid would not have made it to the first TV time out......

Our "don't contest passing plays" defense should work great this year....

Funny was watching us rush 3 guys and sometimes 2 guys against Watson last year...all I can say is that with the Taylor\Ingram and earlier versions of our defense staff, that kid would not have made it to the first TV time out......

Our "don't contest passing plays" defense should work great this year....
We have to make them take their time marching down the field on us....we need to rest our offense.

What an embarrassing thread. Fans of any school need to have their school's back and should never concede a loss before it actually happens. What's wrong with you people??
If you little whiners are ever considered to be the majority of USC fans, then USC and Columbia will get nothing but losers.

I am an USC alumni and fan. Until proven wrong, MY Gamecocks will beat that orange wrapped trailer trash whore of a school that we tolerate being within the state boundaries of SC. The rest of you USC whiny non-producing zeros can go kneel down to Clemson all you want, but that ain't happening here.

Go Cocks!

An argument can be made that people who support mediocrity (or worse) just because the team wears garnet and black are not exceptional. Just sayin. At some point, SC fans must start acting like Americans and demand excellence.

Again, just sayin.

There is a difference between demanding excellence and being a whiney cry baby bitch.

IF Watson plays we'll lose 34-0. If he doesn't play we'll lose 24-0. In all seriousness we'll score some points on the taters but I see no logical way we will win unless Watson throws 2 pick 6's or they have 5 fumbles on offense & special teams like two years ago in Columbia. Even then that might not be enough because our offense sucks in the red zone & might I remind everyone that our starting RB Wilds has yet to score a rushing TD this season. I hope like hell we fight scratch & claw our way to a win but I doubt it happens, & I'm one of the most optimistic gamecock fans you'll find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT