ADVERTISEMENT

How bad will Clemson beat us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been here since February and have received more "likes" and trophies than you and you've been here since 1998. Move alongm
lol. What are you 12? I've been here since 1998 yes but my post count etc was reset when I rejoined a couple months back.Why dont you move along back to the tater board where you belong?

Ask me after aTm. If we don't see some new defensive schemes and a way to use Nunez Clemzin ain't the only team that will blow us out.

they have too much depth and better coaching. we stay close through the first half then lose by 21

that has to be going through all of our minds. I say by 30.

Clemson has had a simple schedule sso far and a major golden horse shoe up their ass. UL, ND, and GT had significant injuries, BC still has no offense, and Miami just didn't try. To me, they appear to be a team that will be exposed possibly during the regular season or definately the playoff with the remaining games they play.

Although, Spurrier is not the coach, there is one thing that I would take from his team's defensive playbook at UF when they played UT with Manning as the QB - the motto was to hit Manning on every single down. Watson looks a lot bigger and stronger now, but the defense needs to hit him and hit him hard and as often as possible and until the whistle stops blowing. If that means safety blitzes to get pile drive him into the ground then so be it. Make the hits clean and if possible, hit him with more than one guy. If he has not been touched by the end of the 1st quarter and is not in fear of his life, they will do what they want and the score will be unpredictable, but they need to figure out how to hit Watson with the house (same goes for hitting the RB and WRs) - clean solid hard hits. I was highly disappointed last year that we simply were not hitting the QB in the game - how could they have come into the game last year (with a gimpy QB) without a gameplan to hit the QB hard and often. Also, if the WRs are coming across the middle on short slant passes, the LBs need to make them pay.

The hits have to be on caliber with Swearinger and Isiah Johnson hits - if the defense has solid in their chest and driving tackles, we could have a chance - otherwise?? Heck - I would even take a couple of 15 yd penalties to push the limit.

Personally, I think you are looking at a new and reinvigorated team right now - now of course that could change if they get curb stomped a couple of times between now and the CU game. I am not sure what happened to the UM team this past weekend against CU. With as much talent that UM supposedly has, there is no excuse for losing by that score - no wonder the coach was fired - I personally believe the team stopped playing for him.

Whammy wouldn't even go after him last year with a busted up knee.

Name three players from Carolina's starting 22 that would start for Clemson. I come up with Cooper and Shell (you can make an argument about other lineman also) and maybe Moore, if you add special teams you can throw Fry in there but that is about it. I am willing to bet that Clemson has at least 8 starters on defense right now who are playing on Sundays in the future. The tides have turned very quickly. I don't know what the score is going to be on the last Saturday in November but I know this if USC plays its A game and Clemson plays its A game Clemson wins by a lot.

Name three players from Carolina's starting 22 that would start for Clemson. I come up with Cooper and Shell (you can make an argument about other lineman also) and maybe Moore, if you add special teams you can throw Fry in there but that is about it. I am willing to bet that Clemson has at least 8 starters on defense right now who are playing on Sundays in the future. The tides have turned very quickly. I don't know what the score is going to be on the last Saturday in November but I know this if USC plays its A game and Clemson plays its A game Clemson wins by a lot.

I love Cooper but would be start for Clemson?

Yes cooper is better than Peake if Williams does not break his neck he does not start

Peake does something (block) better than probably any wideout in the country. He's much more physical than cooper. He'd get a lot of pt but I'm not sure he'd start. Clem has quite a few more talented pass catchers than Peake but that's why he starts. He's had quite a few pancakes on the outside. Moore wouldn't start because Clem likes their lb like Bama does and only plays two of them as the third is a db. The starters are 240 and 250. Moore isn't big enough.

We have a long way to go in the recruiting and developing dept. I thought their ol would be weak but it has actually looked pretty good. Cooper is the only one I think might would start for them and they might value Peake's blocking too much for that. Scott is better than either of them

Peake does something (block) better than probably any wideout in the country. He's much more physical than cooper. He'd get a lot of pt but I'm not sure he'd start. Clem has quite a few more talented pass catchers than Peake but that's why he starts. He's had quite a few pancakes on the outside. Moore wouldn't start because Clem likes their lb like Bama does and only plays two of them as the third is a db. The starters are 240 and 250. Moore isn't big enough.

We have a long way to go in the recruiting and developing dept. I thought their ol would be weak but it has actually looked pretty good. Cooper is the only one I think might would start for them and they might value Peake's blocking too much for that. Scott is better than either of them
Everyone did...and that was before an injury or two. We need to get Caldwell, double his salary.

Reactions: kylebw
that has to be going through all of our minds. I say by 30.
The Old Ball Sack (the quitter who left us in worse shape than he found us) will come back and "hang 10" on them. I am suspecting something like 45 to 24, but not as close as that actually sounds. Should be worse than last year since we are not as good as we were then, and they appear to be better, but Datboy will rest his first-teamers the entire 2nd half like he did at Miami (they actually played 1 series there). And the back-up QB will try running on us the 2nd half where we actually will be able to slow them down knowing they are not going to pass.

We couldn't even stop Mizzou's Lock and he was a freshman, making his first start or the Georgia QB that is pitiful. We won't even be able to stop the Taters second team QB

I LOVE this LOSER mentality.
I wouldn't say that its a loser mentality, but a cold hard dose of reality. Our record speaks for itself & barring some sort of miracle going forward it will get worst, much worst. I'm a huge gamecock fan. I also understand our limitations as a team this season. We can remain positive thru & thru, but it won't change the result on the field. It is what it is.

This answers the OP's original question the fact that USC has possibly zero players who would start for Clemson means they are better everywhere across the board I would say that the chances Clemson wins by 40 are 75 % or higher.

I wouldn't say that its a loser mentality, but a cold hard dose of reality. Our record speaks for itself & barring some sort of miracle going forward it will get worst, much worst. I'm a huge gamecock fan. I also understand our limitations as a team this season. We can remain positive thru & thru, but it won't change the result on the field. It is what it is.
You can spin it any way you want. Its a loser mentality. When you start a thread with " how bad will we get beat" you've given up. Giving up is a sign of a loser. Period.

I think they are being the biggest cowards, sore heads, and losers imaginable. I thank God I never had to go to war with any of them in my fox hole.
Look at it this way rooster, do you think that Clemson wbb fans think they have a chance of beating Dawn's club in their house this season? No matter how confident their girls will be, Dawn & company will likely skull drag them. Is it not realistic to know when you are over matched? We can cheer & coach the guys up until the cows come home, but when the other team has out recruited you, is coached better, & is a more cohesive unit on the field, is it not fair to understand your own limitations & not hang onto wishful thinking? I hope we find a way to scratch & claw our way to a victory vs the taters, but in the back of my mind I know it probably won't happen, no matter how hard I cheer.

It is what it is, and we are losing so that makes us losers. We couldn't even stop a one legged Watson last year because our players wouldn't knock his head off. Might as well be playing flag football with our defense.

It is what it is, and we are losing so that makes us losers. We couldn't even stop a one legged Watson last year because our players wouldn't knock his head off. Might as well be playing flag football with our defense.
So by your expert opinion we should not play the game and forfeit. We dont have a chance in this game called football. No underdog has ever pulled out an unexpected win?

So by your expert opinion we should not play the game and forfeit. We dont have a chance in this game called football. No underdog has ever pulled out an unexpected win?

i don't believe any team that is out manned at every position has pulled too many upsets. Just sayin. We need a big time hire to pull in big time recruits now.

Every game scares me. I've been watching this stuff for 45 years. No one is as good, or bad as everyone thinks. But it's fun to watch.

Kyle, I think you just solved the mystery of whether or not you're a tater fan...................
Peake > Cooper
Okee dokee.

Kyle, I think you just solved the mystery of whether or not you're a tater fan...................
Peake > Cooper
Okee dokee.

You have a very tough time reading. Never said he's better. I said he isn't even close to the best pass catcher on his own team. Just said for the way Clem plays with the zone read Peake is more valuable because he's pancaked quite a few dB's on the outside.

You have a very tough time reading. Never said he's better. I said he isn't even close to the best pass catcher on his own team. Just said for the way Clem plays with the zone read Peake is more valuable because he's pancaked quite a few dB's on the outside.

Here's a copy/past of your post: "Cooper is the only one I think might would start for them and they might value Peake's blocking too much for that. Scott is better than either of them."

Were you channeling the thoughts of tater fans or something. Has one of them told you they would take Peake over Cooper (ever)????? Seriously, I want to meet that tater fan. I have tons of tater friends and NONE of them have ever said "hey, that Cooper is a nice receiver, but I think Peake for us is better because he's a good blocker." Maybe your friends are different.

I was a Journalism major at SC.......so my reading comprehension is pretty good. I highlighted your words for you so you could gain some reading comprehension yourself. You see, words do mean something.

You and I both know you were speaking for yourself and tried to imply Peake would give Cooper a run for his money as a starter on Clemsux. Cause even the most ignorant tater fan wouldn't take Peake over Cooper. I'd say you were speaking for yourself in an attempt to paint something negative for SC. Check your post history, it speaks for itself. Now run along.

skai Moore wouldnt start for ckempson? Our only and best chance of beating Clempson is Bradon Wilds steps it up. He is capable. Needs to have a game like he did 2 years ago agaist Georgia in Columbia. USC must survive the first quarter and keep the crowd in the game. Bottom line, game is still 5-6 weeks away. Anything can happen. One injury or a couple big wins or a big loss by them change the outlook on everything. Seen it happen before. I expect NC State to hit Watson this weekend.

It will be something like 42-0 in the 3rd quarter. Dabo pulls the starters to keep them fresh for the ACC title game the next week. We play them about 10-10;the rest of the way. 52-10 Tigers. Connor Shaw couldn't even come back and save us for this a** whipping.
Fair prediction. I forecasted them hanging 70 on us and got laughed off board. Only chance that doesn't happen is if they pull starters early. They are going to exorcise some demons this year.

Reactions: cockynSC66
i don't believe any team that is out manned at every position has pulled too many upsets. Just sayin. We need a big time hire to pull in big time recruits now.
I dont believe we are out manned at every position and your last sentence has nothing to do with this thread.

lol. What are you 12? I've been here since 1998 yes but my post count etc was reset when I rejoined a couple months back.Why dont you move along back to the tater board where you belong?

You're not fooling me...Tater tot.

I don't know USC's roster like I do Clemson's, but Cooper would definitely start for Clemson. Dude is a BALLER. If Mike Williams were healthy, I'd take him over Cooper. Cooper is definitely a better all around player (What CAN'T Cooper do?), but Williams is a better down the field threat. Personally, I'd call Scott/Cooper a push. Again, Cooper is the better all around player and open field threat, but Scott gets the tough yards, TRUCKS DBs every game, and is a hell of a downfield blocker in the zone read. On most teams Cooper would be more valuable that Scott, but not at Clemson. Cooper is hands down better than any other WR on our roster right now (McCloud and Cain are only freshman... who knows what their ceiling is?)

As for how bad Clemson will beat USC. I have no idea. I'll be interested to see how you guys do vs. TA&M, Tennessee, and UF. If you guys lose all 3 of those (that's likely IMHO), and struggle vs. El Cid, your players could pack it in and give up on the season. That would of course lead to a pretty ugly score. On the other hand, the Clemson/USC game could be your "superbowl" since you'll have nothing else to play for but spoiling Clemson's season. I think there's enough talent on the USC squad to upset Clemson if you can get it together and Clemson is looking past you guys to the ACCC game. No matter what the other Clemson fans say, I worry about every game and hope our players do too.

Last edited:
Yeah ok bud. Your history tells us who you are by what you post, you are a spud and your weak excuse about your handle being your jersey number is laughable. You aint fooling me.

Cool story "Pharaoh"...I'll let you know when u care about the opinion of a peasant like yourself.

Yeah ok bud. Your history tells us who you are by what you post, you are a spud and your weak excuse about your handle being your jersey number is laughable. You aint fooling me.

Sorry that I don't drink the kool-aid like yourself. This board is all the same. Post something realistic and get called a "tater." You keep trolling my posts little man. You'll just have to get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT