ADVERTISEMENT

How bout Matt Rhule?

Sep 28, 2015
Florence, SC
I guess temple stays so far under the radar I didn't even think of this guy. Not saying he's good for the job...just curious what you guys think. He's got some fire in his belly it appears ....

Reactions: Cbreezy33
Haha this board makes me laugh. Wanna hear something? Temple has a far worse football history then both Memphis and Houston. Temple was kicked out of the Big East conference in the early 2000's for being so bad. Al Golden did a decent job making them at least relevant but was very overrated as a head coach. Then the current Boston College coach took over for al Golden and left them back in a bad position (don't ask me how he got the Boston College job). Wanna hear more? Temple is currently undefeated and part of the American conference, the same record and conference Fuentes and Herman - who everyone on this board bow down to have.

Matt Ruhle has arguably done more with less then both of those guys. My one personal knock on him would be his lack of southern connection which could hurt recruiting potentially- lack of contacts and connection (this is speculation) but this absolutely applies to Fuentes as well so you can't hold that against Ruhle and not apply it to Fuentes.

Being a South Carolina graduate who now lives outside of Philadelphia, Temple has become my bandwagon team. I love watching them play, and couldn't possibly be more impressed with Ruhle as a head coach. In the season opener, his squad absouletely manhandled James Franklins Penn State team with half of the talent. This guy is all about winning and has a certain way about him that breeds confidence and togetherness. Last night they played East Carolina on the road (who played Florida tough and is well coached) and were down 14-10 with 6 minutes left. You never saw him worried on the sideline- just a cool and calm confidence. Next thing you know temple drives 85 yds to take the lead, blocks a punt and is up 24-14. Fuentes has done a great job rebuilding Memphis but you can't not say the same thing about Ruhle. I absouletely believe he deserves consideration.

Haha this board makes me laugh. Wanna hear something? Temple has a far worse football history then both Memphis and Houston. Temple was kicked out of the Big East conference in the early 2000's for being so bad. Al Golden did a decent job making them at least relevant but was very overrated as a head coach. Then the current Boston College coach took over for al Golden and left them back in a bad position (don't ask me how he got the Boston College job). Wanna hear more? Temple is currently undefeated and part of the American conference, the same record and conference Fuentes and Herman - who everyone on this board bow down to have.

Matt Ruhle has arguably done more with less then both of those guys. My one personal knock on him would be his lack of southern connection which could hurt recruiting potentially- lack of contacts and connection (this is speculation) but this absolutely applies to Fuentes as well so you can't hold that against Ruhle and not apply it to Fuentes.

Being a South Carolina graduate who now lives outside of Philadelphia, Temple has become my bandwagon team. I love watching them play, and couldn't possibly be more impressed with Ruhle as a head coach. In the season opener, his squad absouletely manhandled James Franklins Penn State team with half of the talent. This guy is all about winning and has a certain way about him that breeds confidence and togetherness. Last night they played East Carolina on the road (who played Florida tough and is well coached) and were down 14-10 with 6 minutes left. You never saw him worried on the sideline- just a cool and calm confidence. Next thing you know temple drives 85 yds to take the lead, blocks a punt and is up 24-14. Fuentes has done a great job rebuilding Memphis but you can't not say the same thing about Ruhle. I absouletely believe he deserves consideration.
Ruhle is gorgeous and will make a great Coach,but think he is a really good hire for Maryland!! And don't worry about Southern Connections, Meyer and Saban didn't either

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
I would think if you were such a big fan of us, you'd know how to properly spell our head coach's name.

We were not kicked out of the Big East for being bad. It didn't help, but we were kicked out mostly for not investing in our football program.

As far as southern connections go, he coached at Western Carolina for four years, and has plenty of connections in Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida. We have 11 scholarship players from FL, 2 from MS, 1 from NC, and 3 from VA (we usually have more). We also had Jabo Lee from SC, but he could not recover from his injuries and transferred to UAB. Our OC is from Tennessee and has been at Western, Tennessee, Richmond, UTC, and UTM. We actively recruit TN, NC, VA, FL, MS, GA, and to a smaller extent, AL, SC, TX, LA.

^^^ not such a big fan - I love college football, have a lot of friends who went to Temple and just watch them when I can. Interesting that I wrote compliment after compliment about the Temple program and coach and you get your panties in a bunch about the spelling. You can spin it anyway you want but Temple got tossed out of the big east for being lousy year in and year out. Get off our board you creep

^^^ not such a big fan - I love college football, have a lot of friends who went to Temple and just watch them when I can. Interesting that I wrote compliment after compliment about the Temple program and coach and you get your panties in a bunch about the spelling. You can spin it anyway you want but Temple got tossed out of the big east for being lousy year in and year out. Get off our board you creep

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT