ADVERTISEMENT

How busy will Columbia be with the Eclipse

I have had two instances of old friends from out of state call me for a place to stay. I don't know the estimates...but I know there are a lot of people that want to be a part of it.

Crazy stuff. I will be in Charleston until that Sunday and then headed back to Atlanta. I should've taken that Monday off of work as well and stayed in SC

I know a guy that has been planning the trip for 4 years from Germany

Going to a BBQ lunch and eclipse lecture in Cola for this. Maybe with the residents and visitors combined there will be 1 million+ in the area.

Even if it's raining or overcast, it will still get dark for the 2.5 minutes of total coverage.

Lol! People are really gonna travel for this?

Don't keep up with important events the rest of the world follows do we?

Desirable lodging anywhere in the eclipse path has been sold out for over a year. Many who keep up with such events travel nationally and beyond in hopes of having a good view of an event that many never get the chance to see.

I'm heading to Greenville from Charlotte to hangout with my parents. It's a good excuse to take off work. I just realized that traffic will probably be a total nightmare.

I work downtown. I'm thinking I will be sick that day. 1 million plus visitors. Oh hell no.

The eclipse is a big deal, but it's a weekday so I don't think the crowds will be overwhelming. Think like a little more than a football weekend.

Very. One of my friend's from NOVA is talking about flying down for a couple of days, but hotels are like $300 (if you can even find one)

I have had two instances of old friends from out of state call me for a place to stay. I don't know the estimates...but I know there are a lot of people that want to be a part of it.
Tell em I will rent my spare bedroom for $400 for Sunday night, $600 for Sunday & Monday night lol. The centerline of the path of totality is about 250 yds down the street from my house.

The hospitals will be in disaster readiness mode.
The university scheduled move in day around it fortunately. Hopefully everyone leaves when the sun peeks back out.

Do you realize how few people today volunteer to walk 250 yards?
It's truly mind-blowing. I love to walk. One of my favorite things to do when visiting a new city is just start walking nowhere in particular. My mom is in good shape for 69, but she told me one time, "I don't like to walk." That statement dumbfounded me, but I think it may be from growing up in the first generation of suburbia when everything was built around the automobile and marketed on ease, convenience and saving time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT