ADVERTISEMENT

How did quempsum get Etienne out of the heart of LSU country?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
That was and is unheard of for a player of Etienne's caliber that lives in Louisianan and especially in the thick of the LSU fan base not play for the Bayou Bengals.

Last edited:
They had him believing the real Death Valley wasn't in Louisiana. Laugh

That'$ a good question.

In all honesty, it's hard to say how hard LSU recruited him. They got a pair of higher rated backs in the 2015 class, but no doubt he turned out to be a heck of a tailback.

Well, let's see...

2015 Clemson was number 2 and LSU had Les Miles... Fast forward to 2016 Clemson just won the National Championship in 2016 while LSU has issues at with Les Miles and Ed Orgeron took over as the intern coach and did well...

You really can't blame a kid to go somewhere and play for National Championship....

With that said... I really hope Bobo can turn it around for Carolina on offense and signing Marshawn Lloyd, having him come in this Spring is a big plus!

Also, I see we're recruiting anther RB Thaddius Franklin and we really need to make home run signees this February like Jordan Burch and several WR's to make South Carolina Great again!!!

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I do believe that Coach O said something about not getting on him until late; after he’d committed to Clemson. They couldn’t turn him because Eitienne basically felt he wasn’t a priority for them so he had no interest. I do believe that had they gotten on him earlier he would have gone to LSU. O appears to not want to make the same mistake with his brother (if he turns out as good), since the offered him as a freshman.

LSU was a bit late to the party with all of the coaching change turmoil that was going on down there at the time. Coming through high school I know he was a 3 star at one time, so before O tried to get involved maybe LSU thought they had better players ahead of him

Maybe he just wanted a new beginning, go somewhere completely different, or as others have posted, LSU was in transition.

Jennings, La does have a less than stellar reputation (See Jennings 8 documentary )

Last edited:
Also LSU had a few good backs on the roster I think that was Fournette’s Jr year and Derrius Guise was cemented as the heir apparent . Might have been a factor also .

LSU had their eye on another RB that didn't pan out and didn't extend TE an offer until late in the process...too late in the process.

I do believe that Coach O said something about not getting on him until late; after he’d committed to Clemson. They couldn’t turn him because Eitienne basically felt he wasn’t a priority for them so he had no interest. I do believe that had they gotten on him earlier he would have gone to LSU. O appears to not want to make the same mistake with his brother (if he turns out as good), since the offered him as a freshman.

This^^
LSU slow played him and had interest in 5* backs Harris and another 5*. If memory serves me correctly, CU backed off of 4* Richardson from Tenn (academic),
Burton Burns @ Bama mentioned ETN to a Clemson coach, the commitment happened quickly after. Right place at the right time, it aint all science, we all get lucky sometimes.

ETN and as only a 3* recruit by at least one service. LSU slow played the kid, Moo U came in late and offered and he accepted. "Going to the real Death Valley" was his statement upon committing? How'd that work out for him Monday Night??? In the immortal words of John Boy and Billy, NOT TOO GOOD!

That money sign post is quality, but I think him coming back for his senior year says a lot. I think it speaks volumes when a player chooses to finish his degree. His NFL career will be short compared to the rest of his life. That being said, I wish he did like Deshaun and finished his degree in 3 years so he could go pro now and make his millions.

That money sign post is quality, but I think him coming back for his senior year says a lot. I think it speaks volumes when a player chooses to finish his degree. His NFL career will be short compared to the rest of his life. That being said, I wish he did like Deshaun and finished his degree in 3 years so he could go pro now and make his millions.

Sure his Pro career will be short compared to life. But even with his degree he will be looking at pocket change compared to NFL money. After his NFL career is over he can always complete his degree.

But more so than that there is the Tua factor. He could, unfortunately, receive a serious injury that may prevent him from playing in the NFL. If I had a son that could play in the NFL I would advise him to enter the NFL as soon as possible.

Reactions: tigertomreed
The only volume that speaks is a very short one that stated it was likely risky financially to declare this year.

Dont kid yourself. He is not coming back to finish his degree

How does a college kid buy a Chevy Camaro? It was all I could do to buy food and books after my tuition was paid. Tell me there is not something rotten in Denmark.
College kids don’t buy cars.. their PARENTS buy them cars. Sure it is fun to assume clemzun is buying them for their players but we have no clue the financial status of their parents and we are nearing a very thin line of inappropriate thought to assume someone’s parents to do not have the means to take care of them based off where that kid is from or their RACE...

Reactions: FJRTiger
ADVERTISEMENT