• Gamecock Central Alerts and Newsletters

Join thousands of fellow Gamecock fans and stay up-to-date with our free breaking news alerts and newsletters.

You can close this message by clicking the X in top-right corner of this box

How do we match up with the holes in the midweek baseball game tonight?***

bucketdad

Jul 1, 2009
It is as if we have two different approaches at the plate. "Swing for the fences" leads to strikeouts and pop-ups way more often than not. When we are disciplined and go the opposite way we are far more successful and the power numbers do not appear to suffer. I don't understand why the second approach is not applied more often but what do I know.....I am just a non casual observer.
I would agree to the numbers not suffering. In most cases I've seen in my lifetime of baseball and softball, home runs happen far less when someone is trying to hit a home run. As for us, when I see one made, I get this feeling the next three batters will flyout... especially from the meat of the lineup. That said, one of the things that impresses me the most is to see a batter follow a HR with a base hit his next time at bat. Clarke was good about that early on but has gotten away from it a bit. But it's a rare sight to see a base hit after a HR from anyone anymore. More likely than not, most tend to go down swinging. I just don't think they fully understand the capabilities of good and consistent mechanics. It's not about brute force.

Reactions: uscedge21

bucketdad

Jul 1, 2009
Not sure what game you were listening to, but it was a definite UNC lovefest. It's always that way when it's KP and UNC at the same time.
Yeah I thought I was going to get sick with the praise he was gushing toward the bottom dwellers of the acc because they were in the acc.

bflogger28

Aug 27, 2008
Yeah I thought I was going to get sick with the praise he was gushing toward the bottom dwellers of the acc because they were in the acc.
this says a lot.. Overated highly Ranked USC losing to the bottom dwellers of the ACC, SICKENING!!

bucketdad

Jul 1, 2009
this says a lot.. Overated highly Ranked USC losing to the bottom dwellers of the ACC, SICKENING!!
To be fair, unc is somewhere in the middle. What I was referring to was him telling us how good Duke and some of the others were in spite of their records.

Reactions: bflogger28

bflogger28

Aug 27, 2008
To be fair, unc is somewhere in the middle. What I was referring to was him telling us how good Duke and some of the others were in spite of their records.
you said BOTTOM Dwellers, i was just going off your statement. I dont GIVE a damned about the ACC in any sport!! So i wasnt sure..
\

Reactions: bucketdad

cockn'fyr

Mar 26, 2006
Not sure what game you were listening to, but it was a definite UNC lovefest. It's always that way when it's KP and UNC at the same time.
I was beginning to think I was the only one and just needed to take my Garnet colored glasses off! I will say it wasn't just totally biased, but I just got the feel of a little UNC lean and with us being the higher ranked team I felt a little slighted. Also, the Carolina name thing gets me every time, you would think a professional announcer that wasn't the home team announcer would know when the two state schools play each other, just keep it South Carolina and North Carolina!