ADVERTISEMENT

How do you plan on spending fall Saturdays this year?

Goose cock

May 12, 2019
Think we are going to start doing a bit more hiking. I know disc golf will be played. Going to explore places to camp north of TR

Reactions: uscg1984
That's a stupid reason not to watch.

Isn't it also stupid to say "I'm going to watch because I've always watched"?

Just don't have a lot of interest in watching an outsider play QB for us.

I tolerated it with Feaster last year b/c we didn't have any RB talent to speak of.

We've got a QB. He proved himself last year under far-less-than-ideal circumstances. He's proved himself to be a Gamecock through and through. He sacrificed his body for this team, his teammates and coaches. I want to sink or swim with Ryan this year.

I've just got no interest in seeing some gimpy grad transfer who couldn't hack it in the MWC. Throwing on a Gamecock uniform doesn't make you a Gamecock. And I could give two sh*ts about him supposedly "knowing" the system. Kid hasn't played a complete season of football since 2015 as a high schooler.

Say all you want about the best player playing. There's also a lot to be said for loyalty. Ryan has earned the right to be starter this year.

Reactions: redrogers

I tolerated it with Feaster last year b/c we didn't have any RB talent to speak of.

We've got a QB. He proved himself last year under far-less-than-ideal circumstances. He's proved himself to be a Gamecock through and through. He sacrificed his body for this team, his teammates and coaches.

I've just got no interest in seeing some gimpy grad transfer who couldn't hack it in the MWC. Throwing on a Gamecock uniform doesn't make you a Gamecock. And I could give two sh*ts about him supposedly "knowing" the system. Kid hasn't played a complete season of football since 2015 as a high schooler.
Bless your heart.
You're not going to watch the other 84 guys out there wearing the Garnet and Black because of 1. That's an entirely new level of pettiness, even for this place.

Bless your heart.
You're not going to watch the other 84 guys out there wearing the Garnet and Black because of 1. That's an entirely new level of pettiness, even for this place.

Until Ryan proves otherwise on the field of play, he's earned the right to start.

where do you look to find local yard sales?
No, I mean she wants to have yard sales. We both lost family members in the last few years and have their stuff to sell. We have a storage building full. I don't look for them, but people usually will put up signs if they're not on one of the main streets. Ours is a very busy street so we don't need a sign.

No, I mean she wants to have yard sales. We both lost family members in the last few years and have their stuff to sell. We have a storage building full. I don't look for them, but people usually will put up signs if they're not on one of the main streets. Ours is a very busy street so we don't need a sign.
A suggestion - when my father had to clean out my grandparents' farm in Camden and had all their large furniture, he took it to a friend's auction house to sell. That might be an idea for larger pieces, if you have any.

I'll watch the games. But I'm not going out of my way. If I have something else to do I'll do it. This has more to do with expectations and desire to go fishing than anything social justice related.

I'll watch the games. But I'm not going out of my way. If I have something else to do I'll do it. This has more to do with expectations and desire to go fishing than anything social justice related.
Not gonna lie. Really looking forward to the 26th when Smalls and I get up, turn on SEC Nation at 10 am, and then watch SEC Football ALL. DAY. LONG.

After the absolute crap show that 2020 has been so far, I'm nearly as excited as I am for Opening Day each February.

A suggestion - when my father had to clean out my grandparents' farm in Camden and had all their large furniture, he took it to a friend's auction house to sell. That might be an idea for larger pieces, if you have any.
We have considered it. We even did it with my dad's stuff and made very little. I'm all for that just to be rid of it, but the wife has other ideas.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21

We've got a QB. He proved himself last year under far-less-than-ideal circumstances. He's proved himself to be a Gamecock through and through. He sacrificed his body for this team, his teammates and coaches. I want to sink or swim with Ryan this year.

Say all you want about the best player playing. There's also a lot to be said for loyalty. Ryan has earned the right to be starter this year.

You sound like a real genius.

Not gonna lie. Really looking forward to the 26th when Smalls and I get up, turn on SEC Nation at 10 am, and then watch SEC Football ALL. DAY. LONG.

After the absolute crap show that 2020 has been so far, I'm nearly as excited as I am for Opening Day each February.
I am really hoping for baseball to start in February. College football will get me to that.

You sound like a real genius.

I guess it would make me smarter to say "I'm obligated to watch b/c that guy's wearing garnet and black"?

Simple fact is Ryan played more than well enough last year, all things considered, to have earned the starting job this year. Everyone's wetting themselves with excitement over Hill b/c he purportedly knows Bobo's system. That does not negate the on-field SEC experience RH has. RH has as much in-game experience as a true sophomore as Hill does as a grad transfer. And Ryan gained his experience in the toughest conference in football.

Whoever gives us the best chance to win will be the starting QB. And that is showing loyalty to the whole team by putting them in the best situation to win. Football isn't about individuals it's about the whole team.

Whoever gives us the best chance to win will be the starting QB. And that is showing loyalty to the whole team by putting them in the best situation to win. Football isn't about individuals it's about the whole team.

I think it affects team morale when you toss an experienced SEC QB to the curb in favor of a relatively inexperienced no-name QB from the MWC who has a meager resume and whose only selling point is that he purportedly knows the OC's system.

Hilinski ran the gauntlet of an SEC schedule as a true freshman. That alone is worth more than any credentials Hill brings to the table.

We should be used to this by now. Champ kept running Jake out there to crap the bed game after game, even after Scar showed he was more than capable at the position.

I see no reason not to watch college football. I hope no one supplies me with a reason. I'll be playing golf on Saturday mornings unless I've already played three times during the week.

I think it affects team morale when you toss an experienced SEC QB to the curb in favor of a relatively inexperienced no-name QB from the MWC who has a meager resume and whose only selling point is that he purportedly knows the OC's system.

Hilinski ran the gauntlet of an SEC schedule as a true freshman. That alone is worth more than any credentials Hill brings to the table.

We should be used to this by now. Champ kept running Jake out there to crap the bed game after game, even after Scar showed he was more than capable at the position.
Nonsense the players don't care about credentials or last year. There seeing the competition everyday, whoever wins the spot has earned the spot. They know what open competition is, because there in the same position battling for a spot.

Fishing fishing and more fishing . I only watched 2 games last year after the UNC game last year and probably will do the same this year . There’s nothing about this team that motivates me to watch . Now on Sundays I’ll be watching NFL all day long monitoring my 4 fantasy teams and FanDuel leagues . No need to lecture me on “Boycotting NFL” ... don’t care , I’m watching either way .

I’ll watch football and deer hunt as much as I can. Both will be according to my job. Fall and spring are very busy times at work for me.

I also hope RH is the starter, but the whole "he is a Ram not a gamecock" is kinda immature. I don't know anything about the Hill guys situation coming out of hs, but I'm pretty sure we didn't offer him. What if he has been a gamecock fan his whole life, was only offered a scholarship to play football at another school, but not has came back home b/c USC decided to give him an opportunity to play for his "dream school'?

Does RH a guy who was probably never a fan of USC growing up, decides to come to USC b/c he wants to get away from west coast and sees an easier path to playing time here make him more loyal than Hill?

Do you only tolerate players who were only committed to USC or is it ones who signed their original loi with the gamecocks? There is too much time and money involved for the coaches to not play whoever gives them the best chance to win the game. Loyalty and feelings don't pay the bills or win games.

I don't get it. Did you graduate from USC? I don't think much of Muschamp but I will still watch every game, either at WB or on tv

ADVERTISEMENT