ADVERTISEMENT

How does Syracuse always get in?

Crutcher1

Mar 17, 2010
13 losses and a # 9 seed in the ACC. 2 and 7 against top 25 teams. Not in either poll, even as an "other team receiving votes". Plus a coach that has been suspended for cheating in the last three years. They are always on the bubble, but they always get in.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Who knows. A lot of times they aren’t even on the bubble and they still get in.

They always have been a power in basketball and sometimes tradition matters. Does help to have an Athletic Department that has that killer instinct and is willing to do whatever it takes, even if it includes cheating.

They always have been a power in basketball and sometimes tradition matters. Does help to have an Athletic Department that has that killer instinct and is willing to do whatever it takes, even if it includes cheating.

If it takes cheating to have that "killer instinct" and if killer instinct is what it takes to be a "winner" then I would rather just be a loser.

13 losses and a # 9 seed in the ACC. 2 and 7 against top 25 teams. Not in either poll, even as an "other team receiving votes". Plus a coach that has been suspended for cheating in the last three years. They are always on the bubble, but they always get in.

Naked pictures of Roy Williams...

You'll do anything to keep those photos hidden...

They didn't get in last year.

Reactions: Cumberlandsc
Oklahoma got in with an 18 - 13 record (8 - 10 in the big 12 which only has 10 schools). They have two wins since February 1. Not a play in game.

I'm happily reliving memories from last year and looking forward to the girls going on a run, but all of this infuriates me when I remember that 25 - 9 season we had.

Reactions: classof95#
Hey, the SEC had 2 in the Football playoffs. Give the ACC a break!

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Oklahoma got in with an 18 - 13 record (8 - 10 in the big 12 which only has 10 schools). They have two wins since February 1. Not a play in game.

I'm happily reliving memories from last year and looking forward to the girls going on a run, but all of this infuriates me when I remember that 25 - 9 season we had.

How did OU get invited to the dance? That is a disgrace to every team in the NCAA.

Reactions: okccock
Syracuse is probably best known for making the tournament when they least deserve it. Their history pales in comparison to other powers such as Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, Louisville, Indiana, Ohio State, MSUand Uconn. Even Cincinnati, Villanova, and NC State have won more championships.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
How did OU get invited to the dance? That is a disgrace to every team in the NCAA.

Just wanted to update everyone in case you haven't heard, but not only has OU's men's basketball team, who did not deserve to get into the tournament, lost in the first round, but so have their women's basketball team, who also did not deserve to get into the tournament.

Syracuse is probably best known for making the tournament when they least deserve it.
Arent they known for going on runs in those situations? I remember a couple years ago they barely got in and made Final 4 iirc

Like a lot of things, it has to do with their "name brand" etc

In 2016 people on this site bitched about Syracuse getting into the NCAA tourney.... that year they advanced to the FINAL FOUR.

Fast forward to this year, people on this site bitched about Syracuse getting into the NCAA tourney... this year Syracuse is still playing after advancing to the sweet sixteen.
...too funny

Reactions: rogue cock
In 2016 people on this site bitched about Syracuse getting into the NCAA tourney.... that year they advanced to the FINAL FOUR.

Fast forward to this year, people on this site bitched about Syracuse getting into the NCAA tourney... this year Syracuse is still playing after advancing to the sweet sixteen.
...too funny

& best of all........... their coach doesn't take any crap

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They usually do. And that isn't a paid team. They aren't that good. But they know how to turn it up in March. I'd like to do it as often as they do. Their detractors have marginalized themselves.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They usually do. And that isn't a paid team. They aren't that good. But they know how to turn it up in March. I'd like to do it as often as they do. Their detractors have marginalized themselves.

I'm an Syracuse fan.... I smiled in 2016 when i came to the defense of Syracuse on this site when fans bemoaned their selection then..

...and I'm smiling now and couldn't resist bringing this thread up again

I'm an Syracuse fan.... I smiled in 2016 when i came to the defense of Syracuse on this site when fans bemoaned their selection then..

I want you to know, in case you don't remember, I was right there with you on that one. I knew how badly we $ucked the last two weeks of that season. If anyone got jobbed, it wasn't us.

Why is a Gamecock fan a Syracuse fan

Being good In the tournament does not justify not being good enough in the regular season to qualify in the first place.

B
Because they are intrinsically superior on a subliminal level not perceivable to the tyoical fan.

So you're saying the committee should take into account these intangibles? I'm not arguing I'm just asking.

i'm not sure i'd use the word intangible.
Sports,....in determining value you look at top 20 wins, top 50 wins,etc... did they play good teams, were there bad losses..good losses, good wins, etc.

Central Florida had a better record than Clemson, Ga. and Ala in football

i'm not sure i'd use the word intangible.
Sports,....in determining value you look at top 20 wins, top 50 wins,etc... did they play good teams, were there bad losses..good losses, good wins, etc.

Central Florida had a better record than Clemson, Ga. and Ala in football
Such a sublime response.

It's not how many you win but when you win. We had a wonderful record two years ago, but we sucked when the beauty pageant was being judged.

That theory doesn’t hold true anymore as evidenced by Oklahoma’s inclusion in this year’s tournament. Supposedly, how you finish shouldn’t matter.

That theory doesn’t hold true anymore as evidenced by Oklahoma’s inclusion in this year’s tournament. Supposedly, how you finish shouldn’t matter.
Every coin has two sides. The other side is that, if you are way overrated on the front end, as Oklahoma was, you can fall rather precipitously and still get in. We were talking about Syracuse, the other side of the coin. Teams like we were in '16 - not highly regarded as the season started, can't front-load their wins, even if they exceed 20 wins. They can't stop playing altogether the final two weeks of the season.

Every coin has two sides. The other side is that, if you are way overrated on the front end, as Oklahoma was, you can fall rather precipitously and still get in. We were talking about Syracuse, the other side of the coin. Teams like we were in '16 - not highly regarded as the season started, can't front-load their wins, even if they exceed 20 wins. They can't stop playing altogether the final two weeks of the season.

Point taken. If we had an identical record/schedule to UNCheat with the 9 losses and the home loss to Wofford, there is no way USC would have gotten a 2 seed. Maybe a 4 or 5.

UNCheat was overseeded due to the name on their jersey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT