ADVERTISEMENT

How Far Do Y'all Travel to Watch the Cocks Play

PokerCock

Jan 6, 2016
For me, it's a short drive up Rosewood Drive. Typically go to 2-3 away games per year too. Georgia and Florida are the two away venues I've visited most.

Home games about two and a half hours (Flat Rock, NC). Knoxville last weekend was about the same distance. Flew out to Mizzou two years ago. Lexington was about a five hour drive. Nashville is also five hours.
Plan to go to Oxford next year.

For me, it's a short drive up Rosewood Drive. Typically go to 2-3 away games per year too. Georgia and Florida are the two away venues I've visited most.
I’ve been to:
College Station, Tx
Baton Rogue, La
Oxford, Ms
Nashville, Tn
Knoxville, Tn
Athens, Ga
Talahassee, Fl

Home games, 3 miles. I walk sometimes.

Away games, furthest I've been is Tampa or Nashville. Hoping to go to Oxford next year

I’ve been to:
College Station, Tx
Baton Rogue, La
Oxford, Ms
Nashville, Tn
Knoxville, Tn
Athens, Ga
Talahassee, Fl

I've been to the following venues:

Athens (multiple)
Gainesville (multiple)
Knoxville
Clemson (multiple)
Auburn
Charlotte (multiple)
Birmingham (Papa John's Bowl)
Atlanta (Chick Fil A Bowl)
Atlanta (SECCG)
Omaha (CWS Championship Series 2010 & 2011)

To factually answer you, I need to know which sport...

If football, approx 102.6 miles
If basketball, approx. 102.1 miles
If baseball, approx. 102.3 miles

I

You, after this reply?

big-bang-theory-GIF.gif

It's about 30 feet from my bedroom to my living room. Back when I attended games the longest distance was from Los Angeles to Columbia. I lived in L.A. For 8 very, very long years. I traveled that distance one weekend to watch FSU pound our a$$es 59-0.

Reactions: danny_dristor
Last time was a 4 mile bicycle ride to BofA stadium. I usually get down to Columbia from Charlotte for one game a year. It didn't happen last year for the GA game because of the hurricane postponement. I couldn't make the make-up game. I doubt I will make it down this year, either, unless a surprise plan comes together.

I went to the Other USC game in California back in 1980. Also been to Pittsburg, Maryland, Ga, Starkesville and Louisiana, Miami, Ky, Tn., Tallahassee, and several others.

Now I just enjoy them on Tv.

It's about 30 feet from my bedroom to my living room. Back when I attended games the longest distance was from Los Angeles to Columbia. I lived in L.A. For 8 very, very long years. I traveled that distance one weekend to watch FSU pound our a$$es 59-0.
I will never forget that azz whipping. I was there too

Basketball:
Went to Phoenix and NYC

Baseball:
Omaha twice

Football:
2 Outback Bowls
at Vandy, at Florida furthest regular season games

When we're in Columbia 1.5 hours from Greenville about 100 miles each way

5 or 6 home games a year. Flying into Columbia, SC from Austin, TX. The A&M game is my only real "home" game, where i can drive.

traveled all the way from California for the Florida blackout game (sucked) and the 2015 Tennessee game (double sucked due to extreme cold). Literally the last two times I've been to Columbia.

Probably better for everyone if I just stay put

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Home football - 4 miles, home basketball - 2 1/2 miles; longest road trips - MBB - Phoenix for the Final Four, WBB - Dallas for the Final Four, Football - Memphis for the Liberty Bowl was probably the farthest. I wish football would play some home and home OOC series against teams from other parts of the country.

From Raleigh, 242 miles one way, have not missed a home game in over 20 years

About 100 miles football, 90 miles basketball and baseball. Have missed around 8 home football games since late 60's, none the last 10 years. Attended around 3 off football games until this yeaar. Around 45 football stadiums, all SEC and original ACC stadiums, most bowl games. Have not missed a Clemson game for 61 years, all Ga and Florida games since early 60's. Attend over half of baseball and men and women basketball games. Drove to most games but took bus trips to Texa A & M and to LSU.

My apartment is 226 miles to Williams Brice Stadium. Make about 3-4 games a year

Growing up I was about 105 miles away and made 5-6. In college I lived a couple of distances and never missed a home game

At least 4 times a year from Tarpon Springs, FL to Columbia via Spartanburg. Fly to Sparatnburg and drive down for games. Went to Final Four this year, which is the farthest. Will go to Ole Miss next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT