ADVERTISEMENT

How is it safer?

Because for the past six years I get sick as a dog about three hours after that game starts. Funny I felt totally different the five previous years.

The game ain’t happening this year so we might as well move on and focus on the ten we do play.

The math seems pretty straight-forward to me. Most of these viruses start out in animals, and work their way to humans. Clemsonites have a long-standing sexual relationship history with animals. Its the most obvious precautionary steps to take.....

You're right. Sheep rectums are a vector for disease. When will clemmers learn?

Isn’t this whole college football scheduling supposed to be about Covid. How is it safer to not schedule Clemson?

1. It is not about safety it is about MONEY. Specifically TV money. If our conference can control the schedules, can control who plays who and makes the calls on when to start where to play, how to handle outbreaks... If we control these things we stand a better chance of providing enough product to the networks to get paid. If we have to rely on the ACC, the Big 12, the... MEAC... And whatever they decide to determine 1/3 of our games, we would not likely wind up playing a substantial portion of our games and may love TV revenue and future contracts. Don’t listen to anyone who says it is about money.

2. clemsun- We WANTED TO PLAY THEM. Without straight up saying it, we basically confirmed we were the only SEC school to vote for keeping a non-conference game. The only one. We did everything we could to try to keep that game.

1. It is not about safety it is about MONEY. Specifically TV money. If our conference can control the schedules, can control who plays who and makes the calls on when to start where to play, how to handle outbreaks... If we control these things we stand a better chance of providing enough product to the networks to get paid. If we have to rely on the ACC, the Big 12, the... MEAC... And whatever they decide to determine 1/3 of our games, we would not likely wind up playing a substantial portion of our games and may love TV revenue and future contracts. Don’t listen to anyone who says it is about money.

2. clemsun- We WANTED TO PLAY THEM. Without straight up saying it, we basically confirmed we were the only SEC school to vote for keeping a non-conference game. The only one. We did everything we could to try to keep that game.
Could have played one OOC game and not affected conference money at all

Isn’t this whole college football scheduling supposed to be about Covid. How is it safer to not schedule Clemson?

Doesn't matter. College football season will not happen in 2020........ Mute point.

See what's going to happen is : the left is just waiting (trust me) for 1 player to get it, and somehow it magically infects the whole team, then a team like Notre Dame or somebody like that ......is going to refuse to play "said" team because of health concerns.....etc......it's all going to fall apart very, very rapidly.

2020 college ball ain't happening.

Could have played one OOC game and not affected conference money at all
Again, sure we could have... But we are relying on the OTHER CONFERENCE to get the game 1- organized/scheduled 2- to get their teams TO the game- with each conference setting different rules nobody knows if they may not be playing while we still are. Hell the Big 10 commish is delaying releasing their schedules because he may still cancel the whole season! The SEC wants control of all of that for their teams. Also- AGAIN- we/USC voted to okay the extra game. The entire rest of the conference did not. That is the crux of what confuses me about your post.. Yeah, WE GET IT, we wanted it, most of our fan base still does. I am not saying the SEC is correct or not, but you asked why- MONEY from TV is why. The SEC has the richest deals and we are not leaving it up to other conferences as to whether we will deliver the product the networks pay us for. Period.

Doesn't matter. College football season will not happen in 2020........ Mute point.

See what's going to happen is : the left is just waiting (trust me) for 1 player to get it, and somehow it magically infects the whole team, then a team like Notre Dame or somebody like that ......is going to refuse to play "said" team because of health concerns.....etc......it's all going to fall apart very, very rapidly.

2020 college ball ain't happening.
“Moot” point not mute... Perhaps the most commonly miss-used saying in the English language.

Beyond that- why do you think your scenario has anything to do with “the left”?? You are so hung up on politics you think in that situation, the team balking at playing a team with infections would be doing so because of “the left”?? You probably go to sleep at night clutching a shotgun waiting on Nancy Pelosi to break your door down and eat your unborn children don’t you? Take a breath, go fishing or something man... Not everything is political.

“Moot” point not mute... Perhaps the most commonly miss-used saying in the English language.

Beyond that- why do you think your scenario has anything to do with “the left”?? You are so hung up on politics you think in that situation, the team balking at playing a team with infections would be doing so because of “the left”?? You probably go to sleep at night clutching a shotgun waiting on Nancy Pelosi to break your door down and eat your unborn children don’t you? Take a breath, go fishing or something man... Not everything is political.

lol.....yeah, I was gonna go with Joey's (From FRIENDS) "moo" point......like a cows opinion and then changed my mind and then screwed it up. Lol. But yeah, I know.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer

You did ask a good question that I wasn't clear on...... what I mean is, the left media (I promise you) already has the rough outlines of the articles written. Freddie posted one already.......... To deny they have an agenda is just wacky frankly. The media = far left ...... Far left wants everything in America destroyed. Burned to the ground. They want disruption, chaos, anarchy...... that's a fact. Trust me, most of these "Universities" were LONG AGO over taken by leftist / communists and they do not care 1 iota about football or any other sport........

They have 1 collective goal > Destroy anything "American." What better than College Football? Trust me, it's coming...... the feigned fake outrage of the student athletes being subjected to playing a sport that they are not "comfortable" playing because of COVID19 and the left is ready, willing, and completely able to ENABLE this ridiculous narrative. Universities are run by the left my guy........ may come as a shock to you but it's true.......... They will be fully on board with the DNC controlled > contrived chaos and will be successful in shutting down college football this season. 100% gauranteed. It won't happen.

As far as what I sleep with. Wife has a .380 / and 15-17 round Glock.....(?) (it's hers) that she sleeps with in her night stand. In my night stand I have Smith and Wesson Shield 9 mm with 9 shots and if that isn't enough, I'm 2 steps away from a fully loaded 22 LR rifle.....a 12 gauge shotgun fully loaded with 00 alt buck and if the SRHTF , I'll just Grab the AR-15, fully loaded. Every gun mentioned here fully loaded at all times with 1 in the chamber ready to go...........To answer your question more precisely > Damn right. Say when. Haha......but yeah.......football season ain't happening man. The goal is disruption through the NOV. Election........ disruption in every nook and cranny in American society. Including the use of violence against police, burning, looting, robbing, etc....... That sum it up for you?

Again, sure we could have... But we are relying on the OTHER CONFERENCE to get the game 1- organized/scheduled 2- to get their teams TO the game- with each conference setting different rules nobody knows if they may not be playing while we still are. Hell the Big 10 commish is delaying releasing their schedules because he may still cancel the whole season! The SEC wants control of all of that for their teams. Also- AGAIN- we/USC voted to okay the extra game. The entire rest of the conference did not. That is the crux of what confuses me about your post.. Yeah, WE GET IT, we wanted it, most of our fan base still does. I am not saying the SEC is correct or not, but you asked why- MONEY from TV is why. The SEC has the richest deals and we are not leaving it up to other conferences as to whether we will deliver the product the networks pay us for. Period.
I know everyone (mostly) wants to play. But this money from tv is why, the SEC has the richest deals excuse would not be affected by playing the game. Get the ten conference games in and play Clemson to end the season won’t take money out of anyone’s pocket

You did ask a good question that I wasn't clear on...... what I mean is, the left media (I promise you) already has the rough outlines of the articles written. Freddie posted one already.......... To deny they have an agenda is just wacky frankly. The media = far left ...... Far left wants everything in America destroyed. Burned to the ground. They want disruption, chaos, anarchy...... that's a fact. Trust me, most of these "Universities" were LONG AGO over taken by leftist / communists and they do not care 1 iota about football or any other sport........

They have 1 collective goal > Destroy anything "American." What better than College Football? Trust me, it's coming...... the feigned fake outrage of the student athletes being subjected to playing a sport that they are not "comfortable" playing because of COVID19 and the left is ready, willing, and completely able to ENABLE this ridiculous narrative. Universities are run by the left my guy........ may come as a shock to you but it's true.......... They will be fully on board with the DNC controlled > contrived chaos and will be successful in shutting down college football this season. 100% gauranteed. It won't happen.

As far as what I sleep with. Wife has a .380 / and 15-17 round Glock.....(?) (it's hers) that she sleeps with in her night stand. In my night stand I have Smith and Wesson Shield 9 mm with 9 shots and if that isn't enough, I'm 2 steps away from a fully loaded 22 LR rifle.....a 12 gauge shotgun fully loaded with 00 alt buck and if the SRHTF , I'll just Grab the AR-15, fully loaded. Every gun mentioned here fully loaded at all times with 1 in the chamber ready to go...........To answer your question more precisely > Damn right. Say when. Haha......but yeah.......football season ain't happening man. The goal is disruption through the NOV. Election........ disruption in every nook and cranny in American society. Including the use of violence against police, burning, looting, robbing, etc....... That sum it up for you?
. Yep, summed it up- anyone who doesn’t believe all “that” is wacky? Oh the irony! LOL. I wish you the best my friend but you are wound up a little too tight for me!

@Gamecock
. Yep, summed it up- anyone who doesn’t believe all “that” is wacky? Oh the irony! LOL. I wish you the best my friend but you are wound up a little too tight for me!

I'm sorry. You asked me a question...... I acknowledged I was not clear on that point....and I explained it.

I'm not wound up too tight. I can see. I can hear. I can add and subtract. This isn't rocket science........ it is what it is. I only explained it the context of the how it would effect the college football season.

Anyway, yeah, totally not happening. Can't have *ANY* resemblance of "normalcy" going into Nov. 3rd. The left simply WILL NOT allow it. That includes College ball.........

Interesting side point to my theory > PAC 12 players - I'm sure by now you've heard their "Demands" to play this year......... I promise you as President of Whatever University out there I AM President of.........every single one of my players that signed onto that BS garbage would get a letter saying > "Your scholarship has been stripped and you have 24 hrs to vacate University property." Period. The end. NEXT......... Plenty of other non spoiled little brats would GLADLY step in on a full ride and not "demand" jack squat........

But this PAC 12 - (left coast mind you) (ahhh there it is again).......is going to cave to all this nonsense. Which will cause more chaos which is the goal........ rinse.....repeat......... 2020 football ain't happening my man. Sucks.

When Clemson was hit by the NCAA for cheating to get their MNC in '81, since they were banned from playing in the postseason or in sanctioned bowls, they worked around it by playing in some game in Japan for two years. Perhaps we could do something like that, after the season is over for both teams...

When Clemson was hit by the NCAA for cheating to get their MNC in '81, since they were banned from playing in the postseason or in sanctioned bowls, they worked around it by playing in some game in Japan for two years. Perhaps we could do something like that, after the season is over for both teams...
Less than desirable, but I’d take it

I take pride and have Peace of Mind that we aren't going to be clobbered by them this year.

With Clemson at the Level of Alabama, please explain to me why being National Embarrassed by them another year is good for Our Football Program.

It truly is a blessing in disguise that we aren't playing them. No USC fans should want to play them right now.

Maybe when Goldilocks(Trever Lawrence leaves for the League we will have a better Chance.

I did read if the IPTAY members request refunds for their membership/season tickets it would cause a Financial Crisis for them.

Wouldn't that be great. I WOULD JUST LOVE IT IF THE TATERS WOULD HAVE TO FILE BANKRUPTCY.

That would be great for us. The Bagman/Bagwoman wouldn't be able to pay those Elite/Best in The Country Players they keep getting.

I think all things considered this was a good move by the SEC. Most major conferences are doing the same. SC's "no" vote was for show because everyone knew it was going to pass.

By keeping it at all conference games, the conference schools can work together exclusively to react to any changes in the COVID numebrs during the season. If conference schools are playing non-conference games, those involve lots of individual contracts that could cost schools a lot of money to get out of. if am the the AD at Wofford and SC wants to cancel that game weeks prior because of a COVID outbreak, i am probably going to hold them to the cancellation fee which is usually at least hundreds of thousands of dollars. I believe these are all being cancelled pre-season by invoking a natural disaster clause in the contracts that allows for them to be cancelled pre-season with no $ penalty.

Money is going to be tight enough. This was a good move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT