ADVERTISEMENT

How many games improvement next year switching 2 MBB players?

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
We will be trading Myers and Booker for Bowen and Felder. I like Booker alot but cant help but think what a difference these 2 alone could make with this team given more growth of the players we have. I think Minaya will be a really, really good one and if Silva keeps progressing he will really be great. I do believe next year will be better and just wonder what a difference these two will make maybe in the record.

I'm thinking mid 20s in wins and anywhere from a 4 to 6 seed. Hoping for this anyhow. We should be a much improved team without a doubt.

Reactions: funktavious
We need:

-Silva to come back
-Felder to come back
-Bowen to get cleared

That's 3 "ifs" so a lot to bank on but I hope they all happen

Bowen has been cleared by the NCAA and I think Silva and Felder will be back. If so, we will be a solid top 20 team.

Bowen has been cleared by the NCAA and I think Silva and Felder will be back. If so, we will be a solid top 20 team.
Are you sure about Bowen? Lville and unc types told me he'd never play here. I'm optimistic but thought he had to sit Fall at a minimum and rest was up in the air

Are you sure about Bowen? Lville and unc types told me he'd never play here. I'm optimistic but thought he had to sit Fall at a minimum and rest was up in the air
It was my understanding that we would not have taken him if there was not a very good shot if him being able to play. So if true, then Frank and the administration feel he is going to be good to go by mid December next year.

It was my understanding that we would not have taken him if there was not a very good shot if him being able to play. So if true, then Frank and the administration feel he is going to be good to go by mid December next year.
That was my understanding too. Ok, so this Gamecock knows not to count any chickens that haven't hatched! So IF we get back Silva and Felder and IF Bowen gets cleared it'll be great

We need:

-Silva to come back
-Felder to come back
-Bowen to get cleared

That's 3 "ifs" so a lot to bank on but I hope they all happen

For Chris to leave would be about 1000x worse than the PJ decision. Although the NBA is a huge dream of his, he is still VERY raw. He is not one of those kids that grew up playing the game, he didn't even take the sport seriously until the age of 15. CFM brought up an excellent point a few weeks ago that Chris still has a low release point at times around the basket. That is a habit of inexperience and is something every NBA scout will pick up on instantly when watching him. To be honest, he could benefit from a couple of more seasons of basketball at the collegiate level. Highly unlikely he will throw away another year of (much needed) coaching at USC.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
For Chris to leave would be about 1000x worse than the PJ decision. Although the NBA is a huge dream of his, he is still VERY raw. He is not one of those kids that grew up playing the game, he didn't even take the sport seriously until the age of 15. CFM brought up an excellent point a few weeks ago that Chris still has a low release point at times around the basket. That is a habit of inexperience and is something every NBA scout will pick up on instantly when watching him. To be honest, he could benefit from a couple of more seasons of basketball at the collegiate level. Highly unlikely he will throw away another year of (much needed) coaching at USC.
All that being said, past experience has taught me "believe it when you see it." We're not out of the woods until Silva is in school and at practice for Fall '18

If those 3 come back/get cleared to play, along with Kotsar and Minaya, we would have a good starting 5. Our bench will be paper thin and probably need the starters to average 25-35 minutes a game each. If they are all back we go to winning 20+ games next year. Haven't seen our schedule yet, but feel certain we could have 10-12 wins before conference play starts. Win 8-10 conf wins it puts us in that range. Low projection 18 wins..high projection 23 wins.

We desperately need to recruit another good big man. After Silva and Kotsar, our talent falls off a cliff. We have to be the slowest, least athletic team in the SEC, and our defense is suffering because of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT