ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you are taking precautions....

curver16

Jul 26, 2009
When you go out to the grocery store or just going out? My wife and I just started wearing masks. And we are locked down now. We are all in for a new way of living our lives on a daily basis for months to come. We will get thru this together!
God bless everyone.

So far, in all my activities, I have felt comfortable with my ability to maintain social distancing. But I would not hesitate to wear a mask if the crowds at the grocery store, work, or elsewhere were denser than I was comfortable with. Also, if I lived in a dense urban area and/or an area with a high infection rate, I'd wear a mask.

No mask yet but I see a lot of them. It makes sense for a lot of people.

I keep my hands in my pockets so I won’t touch my face when I go to the grocery store until I have to pick up something to carry to checkout.

i don’t get close to anyone. I wash my hands a lot more.

Definitely wash hands and use hand sanitizers more. We are helping a local charity here and all of us now use face masks and gloves. Home Depot now limits customers and sanitizes carts for you - smart idea with the carts. I do see more people out and about with masks.

We have just been doing the walmart grocery pickup. They bring it out and put it in your trunk. No contact required. Just check in on the app.

Keeping distance from others when in stores (to include holding breath when passing by - lol!). Washing hands, and really concentrating on keeping my hands away from my nose/mouth/eyes. Hard to due during allergy season.....

My wife bought a small basket that we take into the grocery, no cart required. We generally shop in small batches anyway. I don't go into Wal-Mart and it's pretty easy to keep a distance in Ingles. I haven't gone to masks but I have two Buff scarfs out for delivery. I bought them mainly for cutting grass in this pollen but they will suffice for being out in the public as well.

My wife and I did a little grocery shopping at Walmart yesterday morning. We wore our masks for the first time.

Facemasks can help some, but unless it's a fit-tested N95, it may not do a lot to keep you from catching/spreading it. A person can expel tens of thousand of viruses in a single cough and millions of these viruses can fit on the head of a pin, so any space around the edges of the mask will allow plenty of viruses to escape.

Having been keeping hand sanitizer in the car for awhile now. Had to go to the store yesterday, and for the first time we wore masks. Most people were also wearing masks.
At this point no matter the odds, why take the unnecessary risks.

Facemasks can help some, but unless it's a fit-tested N95, it may not do a lot to keep you from catching/spreading it. A person can expel tens of thousand of viruses in a single cough and millions of these viruses can fit on the head of a pin, so any space around the edges of the mask will allow plenty of viruses to escape.
But the mask will shorten the range around you that the material is projected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT