ADVERTISEMENT

How Many SEC Losses Would Eliminate Us From the SEC East Race, And Thus Open Up 12/1?

What sucks is when we kicked their arse all over the place, we still had to watch them go to ATL. Kinda the same with Mizzou. Pretty sure we beat them both times they won the East. Would be sweet to return that favor this year to Georgia, but I think the magic number has already been reached. Maybe Mizzou will hook us up this weekend, and then nothing is certain with Auburn and LSU on the schedule. And even Florida. Anything can (and has) happened in that game.

Think UGA is too good to not sweep all 4....but I thought the same about us in 2011, 2012, and 2013.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Best thing that could happen for us to get into playoffs was for Georgia to beat us and us run the table. Then Georgia and us win out and they lose in champ game to Bama. We get into playoffs without having to go through Bama

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Best thing that could happen for us to get into playoffs was for Georgia to beat us and us run the table. Then Georgia and us win out and they lose in champ game to Bama. We get into playoffs without having to go through Bama
e0e2b8d3fbfa0cace5152c5e0fcbca92--funny-pics-funny-stuff.jpg

We'll need tickets to get into the playoffs without playing in Atlanta. We might need them anyway.

So Georgia's losing 2 conference games...not gonna happen, SC's already eliminated, its just not eliminated on paper.
I dont think Georgia loses a regular season game

Did you see CleMson losing in the reg season to pitt or Syracuse?

GA obviously must lose 1 more than us since they own the tie-breaker. Don’t see them losing 2, but AU and LSU give some hope. We just have to take care of our own business. If we don’t play better, it won’t matter how many GA loses.

You know, I am wildly optimistic, year after year, about my Gamecocks. But I read this like an out of body, hallucinogenic experience. I’m not there with you, man, but I wish I was...

Reactions: DawgDaddy
You know, I am wildly optimistic, year after year, about my Gamecocks. But I read this like an out of body, hallucinogenic experience. I’m not there with you, man, but I wish I was...

Georgia game we didn’t play well and game got out of hand. Much like 1st auburn Georgia last year. We will come to play from here on out.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I say "two". Reach two SEC losses and 12/1 becomes available for a makeup game.
I say 2 also. UGA might not lose a game until the SEC CG but they still have a couple of games on their schedule they could slip up in. Auburn is always tough and I think they may play LSU this year.

I say 2 also. UGA might not lose a game until the SEC CG but they still have a couple of games on their schedule they could slip up in. Auburn is always tough and I think they may play LSU this year.
Don't know about LSU. They will handle Auburn at home unless decimated by key injuries by then.

Last edited:
UGA is very good. We made them look like the Eagles. Chances are they don’t blow out very many more teams not named UMass by 24 or more. They still supposedly have inexperience at a few positions, and not nearly the backs they had last year even though we probably put them in the Heisman conversation. Won’t be surprised at all if they lose in Death Valley, especially if it’s at night.

Don't know about LSU. They will handle Auburn at home unless decimated by key injuries by then.

Lsu Bama and Bama ole miss were games that could have went either way last year. They will have a game or two that luck will prevail

Lsu Bama and Bama ole miss were games that could have went either way last year. They will have a game or two that luck will prevail
You've got to be pretty good to be in a position to beat someone good who is playing well, even with the help of luck. But when someone good beats someone else who is pretty good, luck gets all the credit.

Reactions: jonesz21
I think the 1 loss needed has already occurred. I don't see UGa losing until they meet Bama in ATL Dec 1.
I have to agree, ther is NO WAY SC can lose another game and get to Atlanta... Ga loses to Bama, and next best chance is Auburn.... SC has its hands full running the table, Hell this week in Nashville isnt a given...

We wouldn’t be able to back-door in like Alabama. Heck I'd be worried about getting in as a 1-loss SEC Champion.

While were on this subject don't assume a 12/1 game would be scheduled against Marshall. There is a good chance they will be playing for the Conference USA championship on the same date.

While were on this subject don't assume a 12/1 game would be scheduled against Marshall. There is a good chance they will be playing for the Conference USA championship on the same date.
I think any opponent would do, particularly an FBS opponent. ECU, N.C. State, UNC would all fit the bill. Only ECU would bite, I think.

I think any opponent would do, particularly an FBS opponent. ECU, N.C. State, UNC would all fit the bill. Only ECU would bite, I think.
This may only happen if VT makes it to the ACCG and is willing to cancel the contract with ECU, if not both of those teams may be willing to use that date for their makeup game.
This situation is going to be complicated with not much clarity until it may become to late to make a decision to benefit two parties.
Guess we'll have to wait and see, but it's fun speculating.

To the original point- I’d be very surprised if Georgia lost 2 regular season SEC games. I’d say the nail is likely already in our coffin.

However I don’t think you can admit we’re out til much later in the season. Just the optics of it would be bad.

Oh I agree. I should’ve clarified... I just mean hypothetically at any point in the future. I almost think we’d have to be undefeated to get in.
How many 1 loss seasons have we had? I think if we ever get to that point - esp. if the loss is early - we would be in if we win the SEC CG.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT