ADVERTISEMENT

How many times has Muschamp said he was outcoached?

BeCocky77

Sep 21, 2020
In his postgame from the LSU game, he conceded that he and his staff were outcoached by LSU. I can't remember the number of times he has said this over the years. It really would be interesting to compile a list of every time he said he was outcoached. It would be even better to have a video montage of that and present it to Ray and Caslen. If you have a coach who consistently admits to being outcoached, that should tell you something.

That’s what coaches say when they lose.

Spurrier said the same thing.

Mike Leach is different, he just throws his players under the bus, calls them stupid and/or entitled.

Did any of you play sports? Or were all of you in the band?
I was the guy who used to carry the head coach's headset wire around before everything went wireless.

Reactions: GCDC1959

Mike Leach is different, he just throws his players under the bus, calls them stupid and/or entitled.

lol...are you comparing Spurrier to Muschamp?

I was actually waiting/hoping for someone to bring this up. Of course it's something all coaches say. It's just more believable with some coaches.

Yes, Spurrier said the same thing. However, I don't believe he was actually outcoached all that often. When Champ says he was outcoached, it's thoroughly believable.

Reactions: Flameout12
That’s true but Muschamp says it a lot more than Spurrier ever did.

Yes. And with Spurrier it wasn't believable. It sounded like typical coach speak. With Muschamp, I thoroughly believe he's being outcoached.

There's an aspect of being outcoached where you have 2 coaches who are on equal footing in their understanding and feel for the game. Sometimes you get bested by your peer. It happens. Spurrier was second to nobody when it came to his understanding and feel for the game. Doesn't mean he was never outcoached, but it's not because he didn't know what he was doing.

Muschamp appears to get outcoached b/c he doesn't know what he's doing.

Last edited:
In his postgame from the LSU game, he conceded that he and his staff were outcoached by LSU. I can't remember the number of times he has said this over the years. It really would be interesting to compile a list of every time he said he was outcoached. It would be even better to have a video montage of that and present it to Ray and Caslen. If you have a coach who consistently admits to being outcoached, that should tell you something.
Not sure. But heard many coaches say something similar after a loss

That should be reserved for coaches who's losses are few and far between. If a .500 or less coach is caught saying it, there's something terribly wrong with him.

Reactions: gamecockblack
I like the way CWM looks like he about two seconds off Todd’s azz if he ask about coaching decisions. Now if he can just channel that energy into game planning, we good again. 😂

Personally believe he's very talented at buyout signalling....Sprinkles in some timely dejection and frustration for authenticity.

He's overready to head back to the sunshine state w/ our buyout checks delivered to his new mailbox for years to come.

He is one of the few coaches who is outcoached in his wins as well as his losses.

Thanks, Al. Tell us about the time you scored five touchdowns at Polk High.

Wish he’d have said it in the phone call with Ray when he was being interviewed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT