ADVERTISEMENT

How Sincere is Chad's Apology?

I never what them to lose just hit and so forth.

Yes...that'w what most SC fans want our team to do. You know, sometimes things don't happen like you want them to. We have had MANY seasons, where the bounces went our way. This season, they haven't. That's the way the ball bounces.

Yes...that'w what most SC fans want our team to do. You know, sometimes things don't happen like you want them to. We have had MANY seasons, where the bounces went our way. This season, they haven't. That's the way the ball bounces.
Tanner had some good breaks and good luck but he never complained when things were bad either. He never told his team that hitting is hard to do he just said we are working to get better...and did.

Reactions: heavycock
I'm glad he felt the need to apologize or that someone higher up told him to do so. If someone is as out of line as he felt they were, it seems other fans and/or security would show them the door. And no matter what was said he should never let people know that it bothers him. My reaction to the comments were that he needed to toughen up, along with the team.

At this point, it doesn't really matter what Chad says or does, unless there is a late season surge. Most fans have already made up their mind and will bash him not matter what. He probably can't walk through a doorway correctly, according to some fans.

Reactions: Silverspur02
I don't dislike Chad and I've been pulling for him from the get go (and still am) because he is OUR coach. But it just feels like one of those relationships with a really nice good-looking girl that you know you should like more than you do, but things just keep going wrong, things that should not be said are said anyway, and you just get that sour taste in your mouth that you can't get rid of until you end it. This apology feels like one of those conversations that happens right before the end.
Just my rambling opinion.

Reactions: RaginRooster
Toman used to turn around and scream at the fans when he was coaching third base. I saw him get pissed off many times when the crowd would rag him for not sending somebody or whatever.

quit apologizing and get something done, i want results that translate into wins.....if chad can do it, great....if not, lets find someone who can.....season aint over yet, but its on the brink....time to turn things around or this ship has sailed

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Ray did it in 2011 or 2012. Can't remember which season, but he walked out of the dugout and stared down the fan.
my guess is the reason for chad apologizing is because someone complained....hes representing the university of south carolina....not sure i wanna coach having fights with people in the stands

Chad, Just take a walk and give these fans what they want. We will be in Omaha next year when Monte takes over.

At this point, it doesn't really matter what Chad says or does, unless there is a late season surge. Most fans have already made up their mind and will bash him not matter what. He probably can't walk through a doorway correctly, according to some fans.
Thats right. Chad is a complete victim. The fans that were hoping he would be a better coach are the real problem.

Somebody up high set Chad straight regarding his fan comments from last week. Last thing you want to do in his situation is alienate the fans.

Reactions: bitemeiptay
Some people take it too serious. Not sure how you can fix that but I just cheer and pull for the team through ups and downs. I remember people saying toward the end of the basketball season that Frank was not the man. Just shows you what the fans really know. I'm not sure if Chad will get it done but I will be behind him and the team 100%.

Some people take it too serious. Not sure how you can fix that but I just cheer and pull for the team through ups and downs. I remember people saying toward the end of the basketball season that Frank was not the man. Just shows you what the fans really know. I'm not sure if Chad will get it done but I will be behind him and the team 100%.

They sure take Gamecock Club and ticket pricing seriously.

Reactions: rogue cock
Chad, Just take a walk and give these fans what they want. We will be in Omaha next year when Monte takes over.

Monte Lee is the best coach in the country, and sadly to say he won't be coaching any time soon for us. Clemson knows what they have and he'll get paid enough to keep him content there. What a shame though, Monte Lee would have kept us headed in the right direction had he followed Tanner. Who knows we might have already won another National Championship.

Monte Lee is the best coach in the country, and sadly to say he won't be coaching any time soon for us. Clemson knows what they have and he'll get paid enough to keep him content there. What a shame though, Monte Lee would have kept us headed in the right direction had he followed Tanner. Who knows we might have already won another National Championship.

Not bad for a crappy team that had no business being on the same field with Carolina back in March...

http://www.clemsontigers.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=28500&SPID=103712&SPSID=657825

Dollars to doughnuts Tanner whispered a sweet nothing in Holbroke's ear & told him he might oughta throw out his little insincere apology.

Toman used to turn around and scream at the fans when he was coaching third base. I saw him get pissed off many times when the crowd would rag him for not sending somebody or whatever.

Yes! I used to see the same thing. I can remember seeing him flip the bird at one of our fans who was being a real a$$. Of course this was before the days when everyone had a cell phone and posted everything on Twitter. I don't have a problem with Chad sticking up for his players and giving it pack to fans if they were taking too far with the players. We all want the same thing - for the team to win. I'll be out there this weekend cheering and hoping they do win - and not launching into tirades at our own coaches and players if they don't go well (I can find solace in an ice cream in one of those batting helmets with my kids).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT