ADVERTISEMENT

How to access sec plus?

MT4125

Apr 1, 2008
How can I. Watch the baseball games on sec plus? I have direct tv and they do not offer the channel I think there was a post about sling tv?

It is the online only channel that the SECN offers, like ESPN3. It is only accessible on your computer, tablet, etc via the WatchESPN app, website, feature. You have to sign in with your cable provider.

SECN+ will not be found in your channel listing on your TV.

I spoke with them yesterday and they told me they offer sec network but not sec plus. They may add it in april.

Go buy a Roku, or AppleTV, or ChromeCast, or a FireTV. Open the WatchESPN app and enter your DirecTV credentials. It is not a channel. It is a streaming service.

I may be missing something here but if you have Directv and a remote, you can access the plus channel by pressing 611-1. There is a dash button on the remote. You will not see the channel listed in any directv listings. Took me awhile too but I finally figured it out.

Did I miss something??

Originally posted by Charlie Noble:

I may be missing something here but if you have Directv and a remote, you can access the plus channel by pressing 611-1. There is a dash button on the remote. You will not see the channel listed in any directv listings. Took me awhile too but I finally figured it out.

Did I miss something??

611-1 is the SEC Alternative channel... not SEC Plus. If 611-1 doesn't show up in your guide, you can set your guide to show it. Don't have the details, but it's similar to setting used to hide or show non-HD channels.

SEC Plus is a computer based channel you'll need a HDMI cable to use a TV to view as a monitor.

This post was edited on 3/3 3:03 PM by bucketdad

Do you have an online Direct account with name and password? If so that should allow you to login into espn3 programming which has secnetwork+ with it.

ADVERTISEMENT