ADVERTISEMENT

HUGE WBB game Monday night at CLA

JasonScottinSC

Jul 1, 2010
#1 USC plays #10 Mississippi State Monday night at CLA. Both are unbeaten in SEC play. If memory serves, USC and MSU have won the last 6 SEC regular season titles. Both are different teams than what they've been recently in terms of players, but still very good.

USC is very good and young. Obviously they need to shoot better than they did vs. Missouri when playing a top 10 team. MSU has a little of everything in their lineup with good guards (Danberry averaging 18 points in SEC games and is 3rd overall in steals, Taylor is in the top 10 in assists and steals), good young players at forward with Jackson (averages 16.5 points in SEC play and shoots it well) and Carter (6-5 and averages a double-double). The Carter vs Boston matchup could be huge. MSU's Bibby is also a tough matchup similar to Herbert-Harrigan.

Hope we get a big crowd out there!

MSU has had a few close games this season. Yesterday they beat LSU by 4 points. It does seem like they have a nice collection of talent but of course I believe we will prevail in the end. I can see us having a 10-12 point lead going into the 4th quarter.

Lady G's - 82
Miss State - 67

Reactions: SOSUSC and PC31
You guys & gals think our girls will wear these Monday night vs Miss State? Dawn has never really had a strict shoe policy with her players during game day. These are kinda extreme but still bad ass.

the program has earned 15k per night. But too many of our fans are to busy lamenting football woes to enjoy anything.

This times 1000. People would rather lament a season that's over now, and talk about an upcoming season that's months and months away than discuss our number one basketball team. Pretty sad actually. Heck, I love football, it's my favorite sport, but dang our basketball team deserves more respect. I'm tired of the ones who constantly put it down. Is it as popular as football? No! Will it ever be as popular among the masses? No! I'm not dumb, but shoot these girls give it their all for this university and there's not a dang thing wrong with being good at women's basketball. Ask UCONN, Tennessee, Notre Dame, etc.....

If you are discussing football, you aren't supporting the womens basketball team? It's possible to do both. Last I heard, our women were averaging the largest attendance in the country. That's pretty good, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: SOSUSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT