ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Florence: Marion, NC "reporting in" once again.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
The entire metropolis of Marion, NC has officially been shutdown. Seriously, a friend just called and said there was a curfew in effect for Marion and everything was shutdown. And no one was to be on the streets unless it was an absolute emergency. The curfew started at 2:00 PM don't know how long it will last.

Reactions: cockofdawn
="cockofdawn, post: 4079826, member: 11912"]Looters out in FULL FORCE in Wilmington... Police told to NOT INTERVENE!! WOW[/QUOTE]

That's sad! Sickening actually that there are some people who have no regard for peoples tragedies and would go out and profit from these victims horrendous misfortunes. If the police do catch those low down scums I hope they throw the book at them.

Last edited:
Hope you don't get any more mudslides.

Thanks, I could see a number of different areas within McDowell County getting mudslides. I don't think we will get any where we live but in the mountainous area of the county that could happen.

Well if you want to be ATTACKED, you can express your thoughts, Otherwise SIT STILL AND BE QUIET!! That is what they want
My current policy is to let it be known that I have a viewpoint that a particular segment might find disagreeable but not specify what it is. The fact you don't agree with certain people is enough to rankle them beyond belief. That's good enough for me.

Last edited:
My current policy is to let it be known that I have a viewpoint that a particular segment might find disagreeable but not specify what it is. The fact you don't agree with certain people is enough to rankles them beyond belief. That's good enough for me.
Same here, i always put.. "IN MY OPINION"

I think the second assertion rather depends upon the first;).
The narrative's nucleolus began with an unsupported "news item" that has been proven false.
Comments such as having "restraint" and "if police tried to stop this..." are now rendered obsolete since 1. Police did not have implement restraint and they actively made arrests.
With that said, individuals who loot and price gouge during these circumstances are not only despicable but morally bankrupt as well

The narrative's nucleolus began with an unsupported "news item" that has been proven false.
Comments such as having "restraint" and "if police tried to stop this..." are now rendered obsolete since 1. Police did not have implement restraint and they actively made arrests.
With that said, individuals who loot and price gouge during these circumstances are not only despicable but morally bankrupt as well
Were or were not the police asked to "Stand Down"??

http://www.wbtv.com/2018/09/15/watch-looters-raid-wilmington-family-dollar/

Article from a Liberal CBS affiliate..

Did I not understand that the manager of one of the Dollar Generals wished no action be taken by the police? And did I not understand that the police are going to seek to bring looters to justice in that case anyway? I have a sense that the manager of the Greenfield Street store was governed by the same inexpressible motives that have influenced political leaders in other municipalities where looting has occurred. I very much appreciate and agree with your final statement, however.

Did I not understand that the manager of one of the Dollar Generals wished no action be taken by the police? And did I not understand that the police are going to seek to bring looters to justice in that case anyway? I have a sense that the manager of the Greenfield Street store was governed by the same inexpressible motives that have influenced political leaders in other municipalities where looting has occurred. I very much appreciate and agree with your final statement, however.

Guessing at the motives of the owners of said property is conjecture at this point. However, apparently they are pressing charges.
I have not heard of other municipalities where an implicit stand down order has been issued, perhaps you can provide link for this information

https://www.theroot.com/despite-being-asked-to-stand-down-cops-arrest-5-for-lo-1829089919

This happened in Baltimore April 2015, I was assuming we were discussing current news relative to events concerning Hurricane Florence.
Somehow I find it a stretch to think that an independent franchise owner having to deal with hurricane related events in NC is going to be taking guidance to events in Baltimores from several years ago to apply to his own situation.

Last edited:
This happened in Baltimore April 2015, I was assuming we were discussing current news relative to events concerning Hurricane Florence.
Somehow I find it a stretch to think that an independent franchise owner having to deal with hurricane related events in NC is going to be taking guidance to events in Baltimores from several years ago to apply to his own situation.
Well, you stated that you had not seen such, and I presumed you meant at any time. You did mean at any time. I think to dismiss what I linked on the basis of its being three years old and not related to Hurricane Florence is to deny the dynamics that are at the heart of what we are talking about, inexpressible though they are.

Were't some of those reports directly from the police? Sorry if the police mess up your biased narrative.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT