ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll guarantee you this much on Bobo

RoosterBooster1

May 9, 2007
This is HIS offense....he is not going to allow anyone, Champ included, to try and do his job. He has the balls and mentality to stop that before it happens. This is his show, first time I think that has been the case completely. Boom is not gonna invade Bobo’s space, no way. And he won’t try to muzzle Bobo like all past coaches have been, this is REFRESHING.

This is HIS offense....he is not going to allow anyone, Champ included, to try and do his job. He has the balls and mentality to stop that before it happens. This is his show, first time I think that has been the case completely. Boom is not gonna invade Bobo’s space, no way. And he won’t try to muzzle Bobo like all past coaches have been, this is REFRESHING.
I would've thought that about Weiss and Pease. Like all things with Muschamp, I'll believe it when I see it.

You aren’t paying attention...Bobo is 100% in charge of the offense. I think there are two main reasons for this. Bobo has a ton of experience running offenses, much of that in the SEC., and with his HC experience also, Bobo really sees this as his turf. But also, Champ might be on his last leg as a HC in CfB, and his troubles have had the same recurring theme, bad offenses. He isn’t the young up and coming super star HC anymore, the luster has been brutally removed. Champ knows he cannot make anymore mistakes, and Bobo is his lifeline if it works. Champ wouldn’t dare invade Bobo’s turf, and Bobo wouldnt let him if he wanted to. Bobo isn’t stupid, Champ is on the ropes and he needs Bobo more than Bobo needs him. Leverage is all with Bobo. It’s his show on offense.

Last edited:

Ok, I can believe this and hope so but I don’t know you. Is this insider (personal knowledge, not the forum) information? Or is it what you have seen elsewhere?

This staff knows what winning looks and feels like at a high level. From the top down, they’ve all experienced success on the football field. There are a lot of moving parts to being successful at anything, and I think the pieces are in place to lead these kids to be successful as a football team. The end result ultimately falls on Muschamp, as he’s the ceo. I’m pulling for them all.

You aren’t paying attention...Bobo is 100% in charge of the offense. I think there are two main reasons for this. Bobo has a ton of experience running offenses, much of that in the SEC., and with his HC experience also, Bobo really sees this as his turf. But also, Champ might be on his last leg as a HC in CfB, and his troubles have had the same recurring theme, bad offenses. He isn’t the young up and coming super star HC anymore, the luster has been brutally removed. Champ knows he cannot make anymore mistakes, and Bobo is his lifeline if it works. Champ wouldn’t dare invade Bobo’s turf, and Bobo wouldnt let him if he wanted to. Bobo isn’t stupid, Champ is on the ropes and he needs Bobo more than Bobo needs him. Leverage is all with Bobo. It’s his show on offense.
I don't know if you were addressing me. But I disagree regardless. I've been paying plenty of attention. Bobo is only in charge until Muschamp puts his grubby little finger on the offense -- especially in the scenarios I just laid out.

Bobo has successful experience calling offenses with Georgia's talent. We don't have that. Muschamp should've been on his last chance when he hired BMac as OC. But he lucked up and had Good 'Ol Boy Ray as his AD. So he's basically safe until 2024, when Ray finally retires.

There is a whole lot of assumption in your post. In 8 tedious years of Muschamp as HC, he has yet to show any change. He's had several chances to make a decent OC hire, and all he's done is make a safe hire that validates his own tired, outdated offensive philosophy.

We'll be lucky to win 3 games this year.

The Bobo Hiring showed Muschamp isn't willing to get out of his comfort zone. After the news of us going back to a huddle reassures this. Shorten the game, playing ball control has Muschamp written all over it.
Makes sense particularly when you consider his rather lackluster recruiting compared to the rest of the top teams in the SEC plus Clemson. When you are not as talented, overall, as the top programs then your best chance of beating them is to limit their opportunities to run up the score.
This where we are with Muschamp....good guy, good coach, good recruiter. Not great. Not a Spurrier. We are a middle of the road SEC team and unless we luck up and get a great coach then that’s where we will always be imo.

I hope you are right. But judging on what I have seen in the past I will have to see it to believe it. Also, his philosophy is probably pretty close to Mushamps as far as how conservative he is so it may be hard to tell.

Makes sense particularly when you consider his rather lackluster recruiting compared to the rest of the top teams in the SEC plus Clemson. When you are not as talented, overall, as the top programs then your best chance of beating them is to limit their opportunities to run up the score.
This where we are with Muschamp....good guy, good coach, good recruiter. Not great. Not a Spurrier. We are a middle of the road SEC team and unless we luck up and get a great coach then that’s where we will always be imo.
Based on last year's finish, we didn't even finish as a middle of the road team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1 and adg4419
I will believe it when I see 👀 it. This will be Champ's 9th season as a head coach and in the previous 8 he has meddled in the offense.

You still need players...we have very few big time playmakers this year....you have to have players like deebo that can stretch the field if you dont defenses know it adjust...long season ...at most 4 wins.

Reactions: Brace1
You just seem to want to think the problem hasn't been Muschamp.
Ok this is how I feel. I think WM took over a program in bad shape. Did well at first and without a lot of talent. SOS had let it fall off considerably. WM has signed better talent including three highly rated QBs, the most important. The first two did not pan out. Wasn’t the head coaches doing. He’s also had an epidemic of injuries. Not the head coaches doing. Where I believe he has fallen short is getting a good staff together that would develop each position. ( a good CEO hiers good and knowledgeable people and lets them do their thing). Maby he has that now. Maby not

• Wow
Ok this is how I feel. I think WM took over a program in bad shape. Did well at first and without a lot of talent. SOS had let it fall off considerably. WM has signed better talent including three highly rated QBs, the most important. The first two did not pan out. Wasn’t the head coaches doing. He’s also had an epidemic of injuries. Not the head coaches doing. Where I believe he has fallen short is getting a good staff together that would develop each position. ( a good CEO hiers good and knowledgeable people and lets them do their thing). Maby he has that now. Maby not
So he took over a program that was in bad shape with not a lot of talent and had better results than he has with the better talent he brought in. Even if you want to blame that on the assistants and not the head guy he’s still the one that hired them. If a HC has had almost as many OCs as years as a HC the problem is no longer the OCs.

Then why did he have his best season with Spurrier's upperclassmen? The longer he's been here, the worse things have gotten.

And why is none of this "his doing?" The exact same things happened with him at Florida.

Reactions: Dizzy01 and Brace1
I'm not sure I get the same message from today, when he basically said he wants to run old school offense, like Muschamp wants.
That is not what he said at all. He said we need better fundamentals. One of the reasons our offenses struggled in recent years is we had first year players running around out there trying to go no huddle when they barely had a grasp on the basics yet. No huddle works as a change of pace to keep a team on it’s heels. It is not ideal as an every down offense, and he is saying he will
focus on fundamentals first... Once our team knows what they are doing we can effectively change the pace and get more out of it when we do.

Then why did he have his best season with Spurrier's upperclassmen? The longer he's been here, the worse things have gotten.

And why is none of this "his doing?" The exact same things happened with him at Florida.
We do not know what his best seasons are yet. No reason to look back and talk about those things until the end of someone’s tenure. Things have been up and down for sure but you do not have the sample size available yet to make the determinations you are alluding to.

• Wow
That is not what he said at all. He said we need better fundamentals. One of the reasons our offenses struggled in recent years is we had first year players running around out there trying to go no huddle when they barely had a grasp on the basics yet. No huddle works as a change of pace to keep a team on it’s heels. It is not ideal as an every down offense, and he is saying he will
focus on fundamentals first... Once our team knows what they are doing we can effectively change the pace and get more out of it when we do.

I think that's a semantics argument. You say better fundamentals, huddle up and bring back the full back as a lead blocker.

I say that means "old school" offense that Muschamp has always favored.

I also dont like no huddle when the offense is sputtering. It puts a lot of pressure on the defense. But I think it's wrong to say no huddle is not an every down sitauation when a lot of the best teams in the country do it full time.

ADVERTISEMENT