ADVERTISEMENT

"I’m not allowed to share too much ...

Oct 18, 2019
... there’s an opportunity for fines or suspension."

And, here within, lies the problem. SECRECY!!! Ever since WWII, when Governments took total control over ALL the people of the world, the truth has been hidden behind various veils known as National Security, Top Secret, Need to Know, Nationalism & Plausible Deniability.

Don't let the people know, keep them in the dark, they'll panic, if the people know as much as you, what do they need you for? Yeah, I get the idea behind secrecy for the A-Bomb but, C'mon ... football officiating???

What has ever improved because of secrecy??? The Coca Cola Formula? The Dallas Cowboy's Playbook? Dolly Parton's Bra Size? People have enough problems communicating and understanding each other, as it is and disseminating information to only the privileged few is, not only, not helping, ... it is wrong!

I'd say he or Champ should just open up and spill the beans and call a spade a spade. Let fines or suspensions fall where they may. Both they and the school can afford whatever fine the SEC would levy against them.

However, you set the player up for retribution from the refs in future games. You think some of our opponents get the benefit of the doubt now? It's a no-win situation. Like complaining at the DMV.

I've seen and heard a lot of talking heads saying no one is claiming the refs have it in for this or that institution. But that's not true. People are saying that. The refs have an obligation to their employer first. What does the league office want? As many teams in the top 10 as possible. So they missed the equal number of calls against us that they missed against UF. Three of their missed calls against UF were on 2 TDs (14 pts). Three easy Pop Warner level pentalies missed on just two plays. What are the odds? The released statement by Sankey was basically "shut up and move on." Well, that's not going to happen.

I've seen and heard a lot of talking heads saying no one is claiming the refs have it in for this or that institution. But that's not true. People are saying that. The refs have an obligation to their employer first. What does the league office want? As many teams in the top 10 as possible. So they missed the equal number of calls against us that they missed against UF. Three of their missed calls against UF were on 2 TDs (14 pts). Three easy Pop Warner level pentalies missed on just two plays. What are the odds? The released statement by Sankey was basically "shut up and move on." Well, that's not going to happen.
There is no way the talking heads are going to claim conspiracy theory even if they believe it to be true. Just not going to happen. Not great for their careers.

That said, I'm not sure if I buy into conspiracy but the SEC is adding fuel to the fire by not being transparent.

The SEC League Office (Administration) loses credibility with everyone, not just us SEC schools. People across the nation watch the SEC network as a good alternative to other ESPN channels.
Top conference has questionable officiating. Let's hope changes occur by next year.

So I have a Clemson booster friend who is well respected in the community. We were talking about our teams performances from the weekend. His opening line to me was “I think the officiating crew had it out for you guys and they were determined to help Fla. out. Y’all had there number”

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
If nothing is released or done then that indicates Sankey condoned it which implies he instructed it.

If you boss tells you to do something and you do it and people complain, can you boss take action against you, no.

I believe the refs were instructed to let things go that would help South Carolina and don't let South Carolina take down a second contender.

Sankey cant do anything to the refs he asked them to call the game that way!

So he issues his BS response, he had no choice, he cant fine the refs he instructed them! What else could he write?

Look at 2017-2018, payout, $70 Million, he has to protect this

SEC

$54 million base payout (which includes $300,000 for each team which meets the NCAA's APR for participation in a post-season football game)

$6 million for Alabama's berth in seminfinals

$6 million for Georgia's berth in the semifinals

$4 million for Auburn's berth in the Peach Bowl

Total: $70 million

Nice thought. But doesnt make sense. If this were the case, dont you think there would have been a call to the officials locker room at halftime in Athens? A few years back, dont you think the conspiracy would have taken care of #1 Alabama when they lost in Columbia? Did the refs do a bad job? Obviously. But as in most games, I guarantee you that Florida can out together a film clip of calls they missed that hurt them also. I can think of one play in particular where they ran a slant. Our DB clearly interferes but there was no flag. 4th down and Florida punts. Dont be like Clemson who has never lost a game in any sport unless they wefeed getting the business front the great ACC conspiracy to keep them down.

Nice thought. But doesnt make sense. If this were the case, dont you think there would have been a call to the officials locker room at halftime in Athens? A few years back, dont you think the conspiracy would have taken care of #1 Alabama when they lost in Columbia? Did the refs do a bad job? Obviously. But as in most games, I guarantee you that Florida can out together a film clip of calls they missed that hurt them also. I can think of one play in particular where they ran a slant. Our DB clearly interferes but there was no flag. 4th down and Florida punts. Dont be like Clemson who has never lost a game in any sport unless they wefeed getting the business front the great ACC conspiracy to keep them down.
Nice job at trying to bring some sanity back to this topic. Sadly, it's too late. People have boarded the crazy train on this and it's left the station. They won't be satisfied with anything less than the official being drawn and quartered, then the SEC home office copping to the conspiracy.

Occam's razor
(or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the smallest number of assumptions is usually correct. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation.

There is no grand conspiracy. Do refs make mistakes based on bias? Yes. They are human and that's what humans do. Do they have meetings to discuss which teams should win games and how to make sure that happens?

Heaven's no!!

Reactions: paladin181
We need to send her to speak to Sankey and Smith.

sharon-35-recently-divorced-smokes-menthols-uses-expired-coupons-asks-14156569.png

There is no grand conspiracy. Do refs make mistakes based on bias? Yes. They are human and that's what humans do. Do they have meetings to discuss which teams should win games and how to make sure that happens?

Heaven's no!!
I bet you would have said the same about NBA officials that went to jail for rigging games?

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Think back to Georgia’s second half scoring drive to tie the game. May be from that call the Athens locker room you’re talking about.

So Florida got jobbed too huh?

-False start no call on scoring play.
-Forget the ridiculous holding; comfort yourself knowing that had that been Feaster with the ball running down the sideline accompanied by Shi Smith for forty yards with a fist full of a Florida defender’s jersey held aloft for all to see, the THREE OFFICIALS following the play wouldn’t have called US for holding either. Comfort yourself with that.
-Blatant illegal pick on a scoring play.
-Ineligible receiver downfield on that same scoring play (their right tackle).
-
THREE OFFICIALS in the picture watching that last play also.

You see what you want to see, I’ll see what I saw.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

We beat Bama badly in Columbia. The refs couldn't stop that. The refs flat out cost us last Saturday.

I bet you would have said the same about NBA officials that went to jail for rigging games?

Officials? Try one official. (Tim Donaghy) That's hardly a conspiracy. Just one rogue official.

When the FBI starts investigating college football officials for connections to organized crime and betting on games I will reconsider my opinion.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn

That was Cam Newton's year. Auburn won the SEC, Heisman, and BCS Championship. They were too busy covering up the source of payments Auburn made for him in recruiting that the media was reporting about.

Zero penalties called on Florida in that fateful, impartial second half.

ZERO. They were flawless I guess.

In the 2 prior games with Auburn and LSU, Florida's offensive line had 5 holding and 3 false start penalties. They just got better and had 0 against us. I'll bet $100 they get called for holding next week against Georgia.

Also, Tennessee's offensive line had 3 holding penalties and 3 false starts against Alabama. Will be interesting to see if the refs retaliate against our complaint and call a fair game in Knoxville.

Agree. If we let three plays beat us, we deserved to lose.

Officials? Try one official. (Tim Donaghy) That's hardly a conspiracy. Just one rogue official.

When the FBI starts investigating college football officials for connections to organized crime and betting on games I will reconsider my opinion.
I'm not a conspiracy guy but I'm also not naïve enough to believe it can't happen.

Florida fans will tell you they were screwed by SEC refs for 30 years. Not throwing a flag is intentional on obvious missed calls.

This problem has gone on for years but is magnified by the video technology used today. A game can be officiated nearly perfectly every week if the rules were adjusted to expand what plays are reviewable. Every scoring play should be reviewable and overturned if a penalty call is missed.

If you don't think there is a conspiracy against South Carolina, then you probably also thought it was just a coincidence when the 2nd plane crashed into the World Trade Center.

To me, this is the highest level of stupidity! 14 direct points off of 2 plays are massive in a big-time SEC game especially when you are the underdog.

That's a stupid comment.

Florida scored not one but TWO TD's because flags were not thrown and the whole world could see the infractions.

Had the flags been thrown, Florida probably doesn't score on one possession and maybe kicks a FG on the other. You just don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT