ADVERTISEMENT

I am committed to my next year!??

Triton20x

Feb 1, 2008
Sorry, someone kind of said same thing in another post but I couldn't find it to give them credit! That said?????

Why do kids think they need to recommit for their senior season? "I have committed to 2021 but I gave been here for 4 years!" So just because a player is a Senior or RS JR, we should automatically assume they are gone or have decided to go to the Trans-port-let?? These kids get another month of applause for doing what they should be doing if they are not combine invites??

Sorry for a rant just to point out facts. These commit or re-commit posts make no sense to me, then they get applause instead of saying they need to double their performance to make the next level. But to be 100% committed to a different school after 4yrs at a SEC school, does that mean you didn't 100% commit last time?

Just frustrated I guess. Too easy to move from schools and confuses my concept of commitment?

After four years of school, many of these guys have a degree and with the added year of eligibility due to Covid, there is no guarantee they would come back. We do not pay them a salary to play FB, and if they are not NFL players they could just opt to graduate and move on with their lives (see Adam Prentice)... So there is a lack of clarity as to what they may be planning to do. There is also a developing trend on our team since so many coaches and a handful of players have left recently, that even under classmen are making statements about their commitment to this team and yo coach Shane Beamer, and talking about how you are “either all in or all OUT”... A senior, or student who has their degree (or at least has been here ling enough to have gotten their degree) is simply confirming their next steps by making these statements online and it is a way for them to align with that ideal of being one of the ones who is IN. It is not a bad thing, it is not an attention grab...

Reactions: The Gadfly

(He probably would have made an NFL roster..?)

These are just a few different examples, I think Pickens and Burch made some “on board” twitter posts as well... I think of it as their way of saying “don’t worry about us leaving”, which in these crazy times is a nice reassurance. These are the guys we will need to build around going forward. I like some of the pieces we are adding, but we need to have enough success year one to surprise some people and get some attention if we want to recruit on the level we need to be at to compete in the SEC. Experienced guys with talent give us the best chance to do that.

I do believe I made that comment you are referring to. But to add it is uncharted waters. We have a coaching change, of a coach players loved and what I’m hearing made a culture of preparing for the next level over commitment to the university. At the same time with an unprecedented one time free transfer. Not surprised a lot has left, but interesting thing about the rule is that it only applies to those that haven’t already transferred. So the more transfers you can obtain the more stability going forward it would seem because they cannot transfer again without sitting out.

I dont do social networks but I assume all their users have followers. I would imagine these guys are addressing them for the most part. I'm sure they would be curious. I wouldnt give these type of announcements it a second thought. JMHO. Now if they were to have some kind of press conference, yeah that would be weird.

I dont do social networks but I assume all their users have followers. I would imagine these guys are addressing them for the most part. I'm sure they would be curious. I wouldnt give these type of announcements it a second thought. JMHO. Now if they were to have some kind of press conference, yeah that would be weird.
Well that is a good point. And something that you just made me think about is as of 2021, the more following they have the more they make now that the NCAA is going to allow that income stream. I'm not used to that part of student athletes. I guess we will see more of these posts on Forums, as I would not see them on the platforms. I will not be supportive of any social media in the future.

Reactions: bucketdad
Sorry, someone kind of said same thing in another post but I couldn't find it to give them credit! That said?????

Why do kids think they need to recommit for their senior season? "I have committed to 2021 but I gave been here for 4 years!" So just because a player is a Senior or RS JR, we should automatically assume they are gone or have decided to go to the Trans-port-let?? These kids get another month of applause for doing what they should be doing if they are not combine invites??

Sorry for a rant just to point out facts. These commit or re-commit posts make no sense to me, then they get applause instead of saying they need to double their performance to make the next level. But to be 100% committed to a different school after 4yrs at a SEC school, does that mean you didn't 100% commit last time?

Just frustrated I guess. Too easy to move from schools and confuses my concept of commitment?
I absolutely agree

I have a real good feeling about Shane Beamer and he gets it... He may not win a bunch of games this season because of who will not be named, left this program in shambles.. But these players will play their heart out for him and take pride in our program again... Invite former players, coach Spurrier and Coach Holtz back to get the excitement back. Those coaches were responsible in moving this program forward before taking a few steps back.

Coach Beamer will get the job done at Carolina...

Reactions: rabidcock2
I am glad that someone clarified what this thread was about. The OPs communication was severely lacking here.

Seems like you the only one with the 'confuse', but if you have any questions I can clarify!!

If Beamer is successful in creating a strong "family" culture at Carolina (taking a queue from Dabo at Clemson), there may be a day in the future where it can be taken as a given that a player will come back to play his last year of eligibility. For now, though, I think Gamecock Nation probably appreciates any good news it can get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT