ADVERTISEMENT

I am trying to understand

thebigpill

Jan 14, 2001
What kind of man feels threatened buy women's sports?

I'm not talking about being disinterested. If it was just disinterest they could simply ignore it, like so many others of us do with sports that don't interest us.

But these men feel the need to come on to a message board and try to tear down a successful program at a school of which they claim to be a fan.

And so I have to ask myself, what is it about women's sports that they are so afraid of? Why is it threatening to them that someone can appreciate a successful women's team, especially at the University of which they are fan?

I'm not talking about being disinterested. If it was just disinterest they could simply ignore it, like so many others of us do with sports that don't interest us.

But these men feel the need to come on to a message board and try to tear down a successful program at a school of which they claim to be a fan.

And so I have to ask myself, what is it about women's sports that they are so afraid of? Why is it threatening to them that someone can appreciate a successful women's team, especially at the University of which they are fan?
Good question.

There are a lot of old farts around. Note, that I am not equating members of the elder generation(s) with old farts. It has nothing to do with age necessarily.

"Old fartiness" is a mindset which I have seen in guys of all ages. It is a backward, antiquated way of thinking, frozen in time and often steeped in misogyny and other petty prejudices. A refusal to accept women's basketball as a legitimate sport is a classic example of this mindset.

These dudes are increasingly sliding into irrelevance in our society though, which could explain the occasional bitter diatribe on boards like this. Old farts love to lash out. Especially if they can do it anonymously, behind the safety of a computer screen.

I like the advice offered by Garnet Chicken... delete them and move on.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
There are a lot of old farts around. Note, that I am not equating members of the elder generation(s) with old farts. It has nothing to do with age necessarily.

"Old fartiness" is a mindset which I have seen in guys of all ages. It is a backward, antiquated way of thinking, frozen in time and often steeped in misogyny and other petty prejudices. A refusal to accept women's basketball as a legitimate sport is a classic example of this mindset.

These dudes are increasingly sliding into irrelevance in our society though, which could explain the occasional bitter diatribe on boards like this. Old farts love to lash out. Especially if they can do it anonymously, behind the safety of a computer screen.

Be careful with your generalizations. I am an "old fart" as I was a freshman electrical engineering student in 1962. I love WBB and will watch it anytime over mens basketball unless the USC men are playing. Until I moved out of the state I was a season ticket holder for WBB. They play with class, dignity

Reactions: pettyw
Be careful with your generalizations. I am an "old fart" as I was a freshman electrical engineering student in 1962. I love WBB and will watch it anytime over mens basketball unless the USC men are playing. Until I moved out of the state I was a season ticket holder for WBB. They play with class, dignity

As I wrote, it has nothing to do with age. It is a mindset, which you obviously do not suffer from.

Reactions: cockofdawn
No one is threatened by women's sports. Just some clowns trolling on here, trying to get people riled up.

Yep. I actually know some folks who are 100-plus. Not a single one thinks posting on a sports message board is the way to spend even an iota of the time they have left on God's green earth.

Reactions: cocky4

Yes sir. Those four words -- that is all I will ever ask of any collegiate athlete, or team, representing USC. Or my state, or country.

Who are these men, that tear down our women's sports?

Way to go OP... I love it.. They nauseate me with the need to express their lack of respect for women's sports.. If they really don't care it makes more sense to stay out of the threads... They should have the decency to initiate topics they care about or just shut up

Reactions: Legendary Cock

Heyyyyyyyyy. Be careful—I’m an old fart. :)

i luv seein' a woman perspire........

It's a mystery. The same people have issues with other stuff that makes them feel different.

It's not just men that dont like womens sports but i suppose your question was about men.
I know plenty of women that don't like WBB where as I do. I'm male btw.
If I didn't like it however., I wouldn't come on here and bash it.

Clemson fans that talk "All-In" and "Family" are full of shheeit. They do not give a crap about anything but football. Most the posters on here ripping WBB are taters.

Reactions: pettyw
i luv seein' a woman perspire........
In that case....
giphy.gif

Some people think we should only spend money on football. I do not think it has that much to do with gender....they would have the mens basketball team playing at the Y if it was up to them. .

It's the same thing that causes them to drive a jacked up pick up down main street.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT