ADVERTISEMENT

I belive Napier is our next HC...

Just ask Lincoln Riley... "I think Shane’s going to be a really good head coach. I do. He’s had great experience being able to work for several different guys and several different programs, different parts of the country and obviously, he’s got very inside knowledge from one of the best to ever do it in his dad, Frank Beamer. Shane’s got a good way about him, does a great job with the kids and has been fantastic. I’ll be excited for him. He’s one of those guys that, I think, certainly will get his opportunity at some point."
So he doesn't know either. Sad.

Reactions: drawplay000
I have not read this thread.....yet, and I don’t know a front runner, but my gut says Beamer would’ve been announced already considering all the he’s the leader talk. Could be waiting until the end of the regular season, but the same would apply to Napier, who has 2 huge games left, and won’t end the regular season until 12/19

Reactions: coastie72
Wait, you're denying this? lol
I remember what Spurrier said about Muschamp. You making that your rebuttal is some child’s play. The comment didn’t even make sense in the conversation lol. Hints why I asked a question that you didn’t answer. How can you take yourself seriously when all you do (on here) is pout? Maybe I’m just not capable of reaching your level idk.

Last edited:
I have not read this thread.....yet, and I don’t know a front runner, but my gut says Beamer would’ve been announced already considering all the he’s the leader talk. Could be waiting until the end of the regular season, but the same would apply to Napier, who has 2 huge games left, and won’t end the regular season until 12/19
Also, Napier had COVID and that definitely prolonged the face-to-face a bit.

Reactions: lostcock
And what makes you think he hates Clemson ? Far from it as Napier has attended Clemson's NC games as Dabo's guest..
SMH at some of these comments.
Have read that Dabo fired him so that should give him some motivation. Did not know that Dabo had invited him to his championship games. I was just going by what I have read on the GC sites.

SMH at some of the attitudes of posters on this site.

These are some of the interview questions I would like to ask a guy like Beamer.

1) why are you not a head coach right now?
2) what are your specific job duties at OU besides coaching TEs?
3) what are the qualities you think are required to be a successful head coach?
4) which ones do you have?
5) which ones do you need to develop?
6) what do you find interesting and attractive about the SC job?
7) what things about this job give you the most concern?
8) what do you believe is the primary role of a Head Coach?
9) what is your philosophy about discipline for players?
10) why do you think you can recruit top players to SC?
11) what is the first thing you would do if you get this job?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
A power 5 school should never be the proving grounds for a non experienced hc...if we hire beamer, will be a laughing stock
It isn't, and we will be.
Moreover....SEC programs are not proving grounds for anybody that's never been a Head Coach. Besides Ed Orgeron (at Ole Miss)...has not ever being being a HC or coordinator and then getting a HC job happened in the last 40 years in the SEC?

Would anyone like to look up Ed O's record at Ole Miss?

These are some of the interview questions I would like to ask a guy like Beamer.

1) why are you not a head coach right now?
2) what are your specific job duties at OU besides coaching TEs?
3) what are the qualities you think are required to be a successful head coach?
4) which ones do you have?
5) which ones do you need to develop?
6) what do you find interesting and attractive about the SC job?
7) what things about this job give you the most concern?
8) what do you believe is the primary role of a Head Coach?
9) what is your philosophy about discipline for players?
10) why do you think you can recruit top players to SC?
11) what is the first thing you would do if you get this job?

1. I never felt the timing was right. Now I do. I feel I have gained the knowledge and experience needed to be a head coach. And I love SC. Some of my best years where spent there.
2. I also assist in making sure all coaches have their weekly cuts of film for each game/Help with the Offensive game plan/Reach out to my recruits/Handle any obligation Coach Riley cannot take care of/Assist with special teams.
3. Leadership/Discipline/Goals/Developing Talent/Recognizing Talent/Communication/Open Mind
4. I believe I excel in all, but always strive to listen and be open minded
5. Again, I think it is important to listen to your Coordinators and assistants, to make sure you are all on the same page with recruitment, game plan, discipline, etc. You can always learn
6. Everything.... 1st the fan support/2nd the facilities, I didn't have that when i was there/Of course the state itself/ Who doesn't want to coach in the SEC.... Oh, I forgot.... The golf courses... Coach Spurrier said how important that was!!!! lol
7. Being in the SEC... Its tough. No weekends off. And Of course we are surrounded by top ranked schools, North South East and West.. Recruiting is hard work going against these schools, but I believe it can be done, we did it when I was there.... I love challenges and recruiting is challenging...
8 To be the leader...To be the face of the program. To Hire the best assistants, period.
9. All players should be treated fairly. I plan on recruiting and bringing in kids with character. I believe that alleviates a lot of issues. But if and when they arise, they need to be dealt with immediately and fairly.
10 Because we did it when I was there!!! And we didn't have no where near the facilities that SC has now... SC has done a tremendous job with their facilities. I also believe the coaching staff I put in place, kids will want to be a part of something big, where they can develop as a player and a person, and most importantly, win football games. You can do both!!
11. Of course 1st is to address my players, and promise them I will bring in the best assistants out there, to hang tight, don't go anywhere, lets build this program together. Then talk with Gamecock Nation, tell them I personally know how special they are... I need them.... All of them.... To support our gamecock athletes and coaches. I will tell them "We Will Will"!!! And finally, hit the recruiting trail wide open....... You know I can sell Ice to and Eskimo!!! IM JUST KIDDING!!

Was it a HS that tried to hire him as HC? I don't doubt he's interviewed plenty, and been considered. But, has he been romanced by a P5 school that was after him and he turned them down?

If the answer is yes ... I want to know which P5 school that would be. This just feels like a setup...him being named as SCs HC. Why not? Would fit right in with 2020.

Quit bitching! Get behind Beamer! He will be a great head coach (in my opinion).
It's not so much b!tching as it is "saving".
Like....hey - don't jump off that cliff. YOu aren't thinking clearly. Whoever told you that the landing won't hurt....was very wrong. Yes, I know it is stated that a 100' drop isn't as bad as it looks......but it is in fact worse.

Reactions: SweetgrassVodka
I hope this is true. But it’s suspicious they’d make an announcement before his team plays in the conference championship game
UL has one regular season game left....this weekend. The game on 12/19 is the post-season conference championship game.

It's not so much b!tching as it is "saving".
Like....hey - don't jump off that cliff. YOu aren't thinking clearly. Whoever told you that the landing won't hurt....was very wrong. Yes, I know it is stated that a 100' drop isn't as bad as it looks......but it is in fact worse.
Excellent advise for some of you on here too might I add.

Was it a HS that tried to hire him as HC? I don't doubt he's interviewed plenty, and been considered. But, has he been romanced by a P5 school that was after him and he turned them down?

If the answer is yes ... I want to know which P5 school that would be. This just feels like a setup...him being named as SCs HC. Why not? Would fit right in with 2020.
Not a set up. Too many cooks in the kitchen with one who wants to make a popular hire to curry favor with boosters....and some boosters have come out in support of a certain candidate. The other prefers a coach with more head coaching experience....and always has.

I'm paraphrasing Josh Pate: Billy Napier knows how to win and knows how to build a program. And it's my humble opinion, looking in from the outside, he gives you the best chance to win long-term. Give him the resources he feels he needs.

I agree with Pate. That does not make me anti-Beamer. It makes me strongly and enthusiastically pro-Napier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT