ADVERTISEMENT

I came a cross this bio of Christian Miller at Bama

Miller looked too undersized to be playing linebacker at bama. What happened to the Hand kid at bama that showed us interest and wanted to be the next clowney? He disappeared.

This is what happens when parents are bigger than their kids....

I believe Christian would be here playing if Corey wasn't an a$$ to the coaching staff...

Didn't Corey raise hell publically about the hiring of Deke Adams? As I recall, he gave a very lengthy explanation as to WHY Adams wasn't a good choice for Asst. Coach at Carolina.

At any rate, I don't think we offered Christian, and I got the impression that his father, Corey, was not unhappy about it. Weird.

Reactions: NetworkX
I saw Christian on the sidelines during the Ole Miss game. He was a great cheerleader congratulating and encouraging the defensive starters as they came off the field after a big stop....

Didn't Corey raise hell publically about the hiring of Deke Adams? As I recall, he gave a very lengthy explanation as to WHY Adams wasn't a good choice for Asst. Coach at Carolina.

At any rate, I don't think we offered Christian, and I got the impression that his father, Corey, was not unhappy about it. Weird.

Corey berated Carolina and Steve Spurrier long before Adams was hired...

He wanted Carolina to kiss his feet and be treated as king when every he came to visit...

I never understood what happened between Cory and the coaching staff. I know he was a very vocal critic but I never understood why he thought he had to go after us.....being one of us. He didn't have to be a homer but he didn't have to go out of his way to prove he wasn't. I think that was his failure.....but it could have been more to it than that.

I never understood what happened between Cory and the coaching staff. I know he was a very vocal critic but I never understood why he thought he had to go after us.....being one of us. He didn't have to be a homer but he didn't have to go out of his way to prove he wasn't. I think that was his failure.....but it could have been more to it than that.

The whole concept was disrespectful. Miller wouldn't have - couldn't have gotten by with such crass behavior toward the hometown team in Athens, Gainesville, Baton Rouge, etc. He would have been banished from the media - and, thus, employment. Sometimes, I think Columbia is too forgiving.

Reactions: GamecockTripp
Now he's on TV and got Sylvelle Newton to criticize a USC quarterback the night before his first start.

He was beat by the Citadel when he was @ Carolina and their TE pushed him 10 yards into the endzone as they scored to win the game. He has no room to be anyone's critic.....

Now he's on TV and got Sylvelle Newton to criticize a USC quarterback the night before his first start.

He was beat by the Citadel when he was @ Carolina and their TE pushed him 10 yards into the endzone as they scored to win the game. He has no room to be anyone's critic.....

Damn! I forgot about that. You're right. He has/had no privilege to be a critic.

The whole concept was disrespectful. Miller wouldn't have - couldn't have gotten by with such crass behavior toward the hometown team in Athens, Gainesville, Baton Rouge, etc. He would have been banished from the media - and, thus, employment. Sometimes, I think Columbia is too forgiving.

Columbia is a much bigger city than Athens or Gainesville, so being in good with the University isn't quite as important as in those cities. I'm not sure how the media is in Baton Rouge.

Never mind the fact Newton was correct about Mitch and Nunez and Corey was correct about Deke.

Why let facts get in the way of trashing a former player? give me a break

By the way Corey called Darin horn a bum and was right. It took hyman 2 seasons to long to finally listen

The truth hurts sometimes. Corey always gave the truth. Some sunshine pumpers don't like that but I always respected it

Reactions: Prince of Darkness
No one finds it strange that they left out in the bio about the father, no mention playing for South Carolina?

"father Corey Miller played in the NFL from 1992-99 for the New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings ... "

No one finds it strange that they left out in the bio about the father, no mention playing for South Carolina?

"father Corey Miller played in the NFL from 1992-99 for the New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings ... "

I agree. You would think, if the media guide is going to note the athletic history of a parent of a football player, they would mention where that parent played college ball. Then, again, the school in question is Alabama - strange sports fans, imo.

This whole thread is crap. OP goes out of his way to trash a kid that played ball at Spring Valley. What a piece of garbage. He is by all accounts a good kid. People trashing him should be ashamed of themselves.

Reactions: Casey_gamecocks

Looks like the jokes on us because I wish Deke wouldn't have been hired either.

This whole thread is crap. OP goes out of his way to trash a kid that played ball at Spring Valley. What a piece of garbage. He is by all accounts a good kid. People trashing him should be ashamed of themselves.

Are dumb or just that stupid???

Where do you see on my post that I trashed the kid???

Mr Tater...

Never mind the fact Newton was correct about Mitch and Nunez and Corey was correct about Deke.

By the way Corey called Darin horn a bum and was right. It took hyman 2 seasons to long to finally listen

The truth hurts sometimes. Corey always gave the truth. Some sunshine pumpers don't like that but I always respected it
The truth ? he couldn't handle the truth !!.......seriously though...the truth can't be subjective and in each and every case those are subjective...sorry.

I didn't like how he went about communicating his displeasure with the Deke Adams hire but I will give him credit he was right on the money, and I have no issue now in retrospect, that he through a tantrum, I wouldn't my kid to play for Deke Adams, I don't want Deke Adams coaching at my school either. The question is how could we have made such a bad hire

Reactions: 67gamecock
Funny thing about Corey Miller. I met him when I was at USC in the early 90's and he came across as a down to earth good guy. With all the bad publicity I read about him from Gamecock Nation and all the stuff that people say he says on the radio, I am not sure what to think or what happened.

USCALUMNI

I didn't like how he went about communicating his displeasure with the Deke Adams hire but I will give him credit he was right on the money, and I have no issue now in retrospect, that he through a tantrum, I wouldn't my kid to play for Deke Adams, I don't want Deke Adams coaching at my school either. The question is how could we have made such a bad hire
Well, the simple answer is Lorenzo Ward. The more complicated answer is SOS and Jr. The frustrating answer is Tanner.

Being right does not always make you right.

I have lived in four different states since I graduated from Carolina 25 years ago, and I have yet to hear an alumni athlete of a state university bash his former school the way that Gamecocks athletes do -- never.

Christian as I understand it played in a 3-4 defense at Spring Valley and was deemed "not a fit for Carolina's 4-3" defense. Then low and behold, we started the opening game last year (Miller's freshman year) in a 3-4 defense. Then after having our a** handed to us, Mr. DC Ward said we just didn't have the "right" players to play it, so we moved back to 4-3 base. Never mind that we didn't recruit to play that type defense, we just decided to play it anyway.
As far as Corey Miller, I met him a couple of different times ) each just before we played Clemsux) and after he got out from in front of microphone, he was all Gamecock and said we would kick the Tigers a** on defense. We won handily both years. Then Lawing left and Ward hired Deke Adams. Corey basically said - why would Carolina hire someone who's defensive line was pushed all over the field last year. Said he had never heard of Deke Adams, don't know know anything about him. Really looks like he was right on that account. Many people said he was badmouthing Deke Adams. It sounded like to me he was badmouthing the hiring of and not the person. He repeatedly said- I don't know who he is and why would they hire an unknown to replace Lawing??
Now, he was pretty brutal on Darrien Horn on the radio. Turns out, he was right on that one too. Horn made me give up my basketball seats, his coaching was so bad.

RS FR getting ANY playing time at Bama is actually pretty impressive if you ask me...

While he might have been correct, generally speaking, the media in big cities that cover pro-sports is much tougher on players and coaches than the college sports media. You have to wonder if Corey's time around the sports media in the pros, New York in particular, has blunted any tact or diplomacy he may have once had. I don't need a local pundit and former player to be a sunshine pumper, but make your criticism in a way that makes it look like it's coming from your love of the program and not from a place of bitterness.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT