ADVERTISEMENT

I can't help but ask, what are motel/hotel rates going for in Greenville/Columbia for the Eclipse

There NO hotel rooms.
And in cola we have been told to expect 1 Million people.

Seriously.

I've been told some are renting their houses out for the long weekend for $1,500-$2,000.

I've been told some are renting their houses out for the long weekend for $1,500-$2,000.

That is happening in Asheville and I thought Greenville, Columbia and Charleston would be better places to rent a house. Although, Charleston is suppose to have a 70% chance of overcast.

Also, I saw on the national news that SC was the best location for millions of people to visit from the entire eastern seaboard because of the I-95 corridor.

I also thought about a way for USC to make a lot of money. Why not open W-B for the afternoon and charge $20-$30 per seat?

That does sound like a great idea as well as the baseball stadium. It's a way to show off facilities to people that would normally not be exposed to them. However, our administration is behind the curve as per usual. That's the way we roll.

Just (around 4:00PM) passed a speed trap on I-20 East, between HWY 215 and HWY 321. Three patrol cars lined up and one officer on foot with a radar gun. Got the guy in front of me.

I'm told that hotels in Sumter are $1100 minimum if any cancellations occur.

That does sound like a great idea as well as the baseball stadium. It's a way to show off facilities to people that would normally not be exposed to them. However, our administration is behind the curve as per usual. That's the way we roll.
They are renting out Gamecock park to tailgate and watch

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Feel free to come up to South Mauldin and park in my yard for free. Don't understand why people are gouging for money during this event. I'm watching it from the Greenville Drive baseball game.

Reactions: chick75
The shittiest of hotels like motel 6 have gone from $50 a night to $200. Shit crazy and i suppose it doesnt fall under price gouging regulations,

You learn a lot about people when they can either gouge people or just accommodate them. This eclipse is a prime example.

You learn a lot about people when they can either gouge people or just accommodate them. This eclipse is a prime example.

That is not price gouging people. Do you know what price gouging is?? You do not HAVE to see the eclipse. After a major disaster you need gas and food and water. These are items you MUST have to live. If you raise the price, that is gouging. That is hurting and benefiting people in great need.

People happen to be lucky and have a business or home in the path to create money? More power to them. God bless you Adam Smith!

Last edited:
The shittiest of hotels like motel 6 have gone from $50 a night to $200. Shit crazy and i suppose it doesnt fall under price gouging regulations,

This isn't a natural disaster, who is forcing people to visit for the eclipse? If you don't like the prices, don't come. If no one pays the higher prices, the hotels would reduce the rates to fill the rooms. Simple supply and demand, so sad they don't teach basic economics anymore.

The holiday inn express in Clemson is very nice. They also have a nice Hampton Inn and a few others.
It's a joke b/c I haven't stepped foot in Clemson since 1994 when Tanneyhill stomped on the Tiger Paw after beating them 34-3. After being cussed at and spit on once again, I decided never to step foot in that backwoods piece of trash town ever again!

I'll be at the top of Buffalo Mountain in Johnson City....it's coming right across us here in the mountains...

How are things in Johnson City these days? I had some visitors last week that were officials from ETSU. I'm planning on going to a Buc football game this year, can't wait to see the new stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT