ADVERTISEMENT

I do think Muschamp can be dismissed and Carolina not owe him a single dime for this...

Not doubting you. But can you show us? I just haven't heard of it before.
I, for one would be delighted to get a glimpse of that contract.
Muschumps Agent drafted that sweet parchment paper for his client, knowing full well that Tanners forte was not drafting and reading complex legal sentences.
Wonder if the BOT even got a look at it?
I betcha Pres Caslen will have the next AD and football coaches contracts well scrutinized before any signatures are affixed thereto. If a performance/termination clause is not there it will amount to pure garbage, as this one appears to be.
God help us if a “school of higher learning” is incapable of drafting self protecting contracts.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
If memory serves, this is like 4 years old. I remember seeing it a few years back. He's not getting fired over this.

Some of y'all just need to stop with the daily, excuse me - hourly, search for reasons to fire CWM. Although I do enjoy the comic relief associated with whatever scheme y'all come up with next.

EDIT - the video is 2 years old.

Last edited:
If memory serves, this is like 4 years old. I remember seeing it a few years back. He's not getting fired over this.

Some of y'all just need to stop with the daily, excuse me - hourly search for reasons to fire CWM. Although I do enjoy the comic relief associated with whatever scheme y'all come up with next.
What, exactly is four years old, other than Muschamps utter incompetence as a college football coach?

I believe Muschamp knows he is on his way out. Using the language he used in the video just confirms it. IMHO, there is a good chance we will see more of this as the season goes on. Maybe not the language online, but just an increasing bad attitude. He hasn't really accomplished anything here. We gave him his last chance to prove that he is head coach material, and he has failed.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
I believe Muschamp knows he is on his way out. Using the language he used in the video just confirms it. IMHO, there is a good chance we will see more of this as the season goes on. Maybe not the language online, but just an increasing bad attitude. He hasn't really accomplished anything here. We gave him his last chance to prove that he is head coach material, and he has failed.
The video is from 2 years ago. More than likely filmed before the 2018 season, after having gone 9-4 in his 2nd season.

Reactions: The Defender
The video is from 2 years ago. More than likely filmed before the 2018 season, after having gone 9-4 in his 2nd season.

If true, I'm surprised we haven't heard about it earlier. For a person in a leadership position running a program with lots of young people watching and hearing this kind of language, does not set a good example. I'm surprised you're okay with this.

If true, I'm surprised we haven't heard about it earlier. For a person in a leadership position running a program with lots of young people watching and hearing this kind of language, does not set a good example. I'm surprised you're okay with this.
As I mentioned, I heard about it a couple years ago. Not sure why no one else did, but when a friend sent it to me Saturday, I remembered it.

He's human. It was a joke. I'm quite certain he, and the other coaches, say much worse in practice, and on the sidelines. These young people hear worse walking the halls on campus/in their dorms/in the music they listen to. I'm certainly not going to clutch my pearls over him dropping an F bomb. Especially not when I have been known to drop one from time to time.

As someone else said, people complain about him not exhibiting enough "Boom", and when he does, they act appalled.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Defender
ROFL!!! Have you ever been at a football practice, game, or in a locker room?!?! There are young people in there, and if you think a WHOLE LOT worse isn't said in any of those environments, well, I don't know what to tell you.
As I said early on in this thread, I'm definitely not a fan of foul language, but the manufactured uproar over this on a Gamecock board, no less, is a monster nothing-burger.

Thanks for sharing this. Also, South Carolina is an "employment at will" state, however, I believe if a person has a contract the at-will doesn't apply.
At will really has nothing to do with it. We can fire him tonight, we just have to pay him the remainder of whatever his contract says he's entitled to. Which in this case is a ludicrous amount.

Last edited:
I'm confused on what is the big deal here. If Muschamp gets fired over something like this then Frank would have been fired years ago because of his language. Nothing to see here...move on
I can’t give a damn about his language, it’s his incompetence and losing that I give a damn about.
Check his 50/50 won/loss record. That’s an F on his report card. Pretty sick for a multimillionaire who can’t find a way to win and is too damn stubborn to change or improve one iota. His work product is Garbage!!!!

Muschamp didn't tweet this, but he said this in recording his message to Carolina fans; what he really thinks about Carolina fans who attend these games and Carolina fans in general. He may be playing around during recording session, but this is a recording to the introduction before 2001 it show a lack of respect he has to Carolina and Carolina fans....

If Tanner disciplined Frank Martin on how he treats players on the court years ago, then this recording is no different. If Tanner doesn't act, then Bob Caslen and the board must act to remove Muschamp of his duties....

And if you think I'm crazy... Replace Muschamp with yourself saying something about your company, your boss/CEO or your customers. Making a video like this at your job with the company logo in the video can get you fired, don't believe me, then do something like this , have it posted online and see how quickly you are fired for making a stupid video like this...

You are obviously not an attorney.

I can’t give a damn about his language, it’s his incompetence and losing that I give a damn about.
Check his 50/50 won/loss record. That’s an F on his report card. Pretty sick for a multimillionaire who can’t find a way to win and is too damn stubborn to change or improve one iota. His work product is Garbage!!!!
He just hired Mike Bobo, a proven SEC OC

Any excuse to get his losing butt out of here, I'm all for it. Nothing against him personally, but the longer he is here the worse the football program gets.

You think firing WM over this makes it easier or harder to get a quality head coach to replace him? It's hard to believe this is even a discussion.
Any potential head coach will realize it is the excessive losing that cost Muschamp his job.

Reactions: cocknjax
You think firing WM over this makes it easier or harder to get a quality head coach to replace him? It's hard to believe this is even a discussion.
Forget hiring a quality, proven Power Five head coach soon . We won't have the "jack" for some time to come.

I, for one would be delighted to get a glimpse of that contract.
Muschumps Agent drafted that sweet parchment paper for his client, knowing full well that Tanners forte was not drafting and reading complex legal sentences.
Wonder if the BOT even got a look at it?
I betcha Pres Caslen will have the next AD and football coaches contracts well scrutinized before any signatures are affixed thereto. If a performance/termination clause is not there it will amount to pure garbage, as this one appears to be.
God help us if a “school of higher learning” is incapable of drafting self protecting contracts.
Yeah, seems legit. Tanner just signed off on the biggest contract in the state of SC on his own with no board review, no lawyers consulted and the President of the University probably didn’t even know about it... Sure. Probably sealed the deal with a rail of coke off a hooker’s ass too.. 🙄

seriously... Just stop..

• Haha
Reactions: 92Pony
My company would fire me If I did this. As a minimum he needs to be suspended for a game. This reeks of desperation to be liked and seen as tough. I can’t think of any coach of any sport in America who would be this classless.
Uhhhh...Kiffin? Swinney? Meyer? Pitino? Pearl? Chaney? Hayes? Paterno? Harbaugh? Am sure there are more.

If we let Muschamp go, Caslen will pressure Tanner to hire the Army coach(where Caslon just came from). That coach runs a Neanderthal Style of offense. Can’t wait to watch that.

Geez. My high school baseball coach used to say worse stuff to us than that.

Who can argue with what he’s saying? When that video plays the stadium is still half empty from people stumbling in from the parking lot and half of the people that are in there are planning their third quarter exit.

...or he will realize that the BOT wanted to fire and not pay Muschamp so they hung their hat on a BS excuse to fire him.
Win more football games and you don't have to worry about the other stuff. Lose the way Muschamp has done and you have plenty to worry about.

If we let Muschamp go, Caslen will pressure Tanner to hire the Army coach(where Caslon just came from). That coach runs a Neanderthal Style of offense. Can’t wait to watch that.
That will not happen. Caslen is smart enough to realize Army is not a model football program.

Reactions: cocknjax

Tanner won't be around to hire any coaches... I can see where Tanner was fooled by hiring Muschamp... He had "USC" in his name and saw that Florida had a good recored at Florida...

Look back 10 years at Florida...

2010 8-5 Urban Meyers
2011 7-6 Will Muschamp
2012 11-2 Will Muschamp
2013 4-8 Will Muschamp

2014 7-5 Will Muschamp
2015 10-4 Jim McElwain
2016 9-4 Jim McElwain
2017 4-7 Jim McElwain
2018 10-3 Dan Mullins
2019 11-2 Dan Mullins
2020 1-0 Dan Mullins