ADVERTISEMENT

I don't think the attitude or effort of the team and coaches can be questioned

MookieBlaylock9

May 19, 2012
Talent and play-calling, maybe.

But I don't understand why people always assume "wanting it more" is the issue. These people really think fans care more about winning than the people involved every day.

It is amazing how some people always need someone to blame - Muschamp was a great hire after week 2, now him and Ray Tanner are amateurs.

I still like the direction of the program. Our team just isn't very deep, and the lines are average on a good day.

I guess Rudy didn't want it anymore than any other Irish player. I'm sure every other player on that Irish team if they were put in his shoes would have worked as hard as he did. Wantng it more doesn't mean success. It just mean u gave it your best regardless the score or situation.

U think our team left it all on the field in the tater game last year? If so the gap is even wider than we thought

Reactions: Jpcooper
If you saw our demeanor on the sidelines the first 3 quarters you'd understand what we are talking about. You wanna know a game that we gave great effort in and lost? The 2015 tater game. I was extremely proud of how our guys fought in that game against a team that was obviously better than them. Last year against the taters was embarrassing as embarrassing can get. Not because of the score but because we just played like we didn't care. The scoreboard reflected that too.

If you saw our demeanor on the sidelines the first 3 quarters you'd understand what we are talking about. You wanna know a game that we gave great effort in and lost? The 2015 tater game. I was extremely proud of how our guys fought in that game against a team that was obviously better than them. Last year against the taters was embarrassing as embarrassing can get. Not because of the score but because we just played like we didn't care. The scoreboard reflected that too.

I think you saw a closer score than expected and associated that with better effort. You don't think Vanderbilt was excited to play Alabama yesterday? Sure, they probably gave up at the end, but that game had nothing to do with wanting it more - just like last year vs Clemson.

I think you saw a closer score than expected and associated that with better effort. You don't think Vanderbilt was excited to play Alabama yesterday? Sure, they probably gave up at the end, but that game had nothing to do with wanting it more - just like last year vs Clemson.
So what's the excuse for losing by 49 to Clemson last year? We had mostly the same players, and I'd even argue we had a supposedly better QB and running backs. You can't make me believe Clemson got 49 points better than us in just one year.

So what's the excuse for losing by 49 to Clemson last year? We had mostly the same players, and I'd even argue we had a supposedly better QB and running backs. You can't make me believe Clemson got 49 points better than us in just one year.

They were 49 points better. Also, they were playing at home, were healthy, and had much of their team playing in their last game.

Are you really going to look at point differential to make an argument? And you really think the 3-9 team that lost to the Citadel played with more effort?

The buy-in with Muschamp is much better than the end of the Spurrier era. It's not even debatable.

Again, why does every average or below average game have to be question of manhood? Army sucks at football.

It's funny that folks equate losing with not-wanting to win. I think effort is there, what's not there is a ton of talent. I don't mean that as a knock on Muschamp. It will take a while to bring the talent pool up from what it was. One recruiting class isn't going to make that big of a difference. I think Muschamp can get it done. Folks that thought Herman or Smart were coming here are dilusional. This building project willk take several years to make a big difference. yes, the team played better in the first 2 weeks than they have in the last two. Go figure. Glad they won. On to the next one. Go Gamecocks!

They were 49 points better. Also, they were playing at home, were healthy, and had much of their team playing in their last game.

Are you really going to look at point differential to make an argument? And you really think the 3-9 team that lost to the Citadel played with more effort?

The buy-in with Muschamp is much better than the end of the Spurrier era. It's not even debatable.

Again, why does every average or below average game have to be question of manhood? Army sucks at football.
Army sucks but Navy doesn't. Army recently changed their in season weight requirements to equal Navy and AF (among other things that were hurting them to compete) and have been much more competitive. They finally ended the streak last year against Navy.

There's not near the excitement surrounding the Muschamp era that there was during the first few years of the SOS era. Not even close. How many 49 point blowouts abainst Clemson did we have under Spurrier?

How many 49 point blowouts abainst Clemson did we have under Spurrier?

Dude, they won a national championship last year and we were 3-9 the year before.

And why would we be more excited for Muschamp than a legendary coach?

Geez, dude. I'm done.

Dude, they won a national championship last year and we were 3-9 the year before.

And why would we be more excited for Muschamp than a legendary coach?

Geez, dude. I'm done.
Didn't they play in the NC in 2015? We've played teams that went on to play in the NC and I don't recall us getting beat 56 to freaking 7. Many on this board want to give Muschamp all the credit when he wins but when he loses its "oh that dang Spurrier! Poor Muschamp doesn't have the players boohoo hoo." When he beat NC State it was "wow what a job Muschamp did!". Look bad against La Tech and it's back to "that dang Spurrier didn't leave us anything! This is why we don't have depth or talent!" It's tiresome.

I clearly watch the last two games and see lack of effort . Guys not flying to the ball or lineman whiffing on blocks every other play . You wanna see maximum effort ; Watch JJ Watt on every play . That's effort . Watch Adrian Peterson run the ball , even now past his prime . I don't blame the players , I blame the coaches . You don't see this on a Saban coached team . Those who don't put out maximum effort don't play , it's plain and simple . We have a DE sitting on our bench who has as much physical ability as most NFL pass rushers . He hasn't touched the field all year and probably won't . Shaq Roland had the ability to be an NFL receiver but he quit on routes , quit on blocks , didn't work hard in practice and who knows where he is now . I'm not putting this on Muschamp , I saw the same with Spurrier in the end . I subscribe to what Urban Meyer said a few weeks ago " When you sign the contract they are YOUR players ". Doesn't matter who recruited them or how they got there . Your job as a highly paid SEC coach is to shape them up or ship them the hell out . When three of our players stood by and WATCHED Mike Williams Piggyback King 10 yards into the end zone in Death Valley last year , that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about .

Talent and play-calling, maybe.

But I don't understand why people always assume "wanting it more" is the issue. These people really think fans care more about winning than the people involved every day.

It is amazing how some people always need someone to blame - Muschamp was a great hire after week 2, now him and Ray Tanner are amateurs.

I still like the direction of the program. Our team just isn't very deep, and the lines are average on a good day.
I encourage everyone to watch the kickoff return team block absolutely nobody. Deebo had no blocking help on his returns -- just watch the replays of both returns this year. I've been harping on this for 15 years but for some reason South Carolina coaches don't want blocking done on kickoff returns.

I clearly watch the last two games and see lack of effort . Guys not flying to the ball or lineman whiffing on blocks every other play . You wanna see maximum effort ; Watch JJ Watt on every play . That's effort . Watch Adrian Peterson run the ball , even now past his prime . I don't blame the players , I blame the coaches . You don't see this on a Saban coached team . Those who don't put out maximum effort don't play , it's plain and simple . We have a DE sitting on our bench who has as much physical ability as most NFL pass rushers . He hasn't touched the field all year and probably won't . Shaq Roland had the ability to be an NFL receiver but he quit on routes , quit on blocks , didn't work hard in practice and who knows where he is now . I'm not putting this on Muschamp , I saw the same with Spurrier in the end . I subscribe to what Urban Meyer said a few weeks ago " When you sign the contract they are YOUR players ". Doesn't matter who recruited them or how they got there . Your job as a highly paid SEC coach is to shape them up or ship them the hell out . When three of our players stood by and WATCHED Mike Williams Piggyback King 10 yards into the end zone in Death Valley last year , that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about .

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT