ADVERTISEMENT

I feel like Delp is Beamer’s first big test at recruiting.

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
If he gets Delp, before coaching a single game, that’d be huge. He’s getting some pledges from some solid athletes with offers from good P5 schools. And he’s hit on a couple of good transfer portal guys who will help patchwork a thin secondary. But getting Delp would be a sign of his being able to land game changers. I hope the staff is able to close the deal.

Personally I think getting Rose back was the first big pledge
Yes, getting Rose back in the fold was big. Real big! I guess I was thinking of a big-time recruit that was on the new staff’s list of targets. If they can add Delp to the Rose re-commit, I’ll be really starting to think that this staff has some chemistry.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Totally disagree, you cant put that much on getting 1 high school kid. I hope we get him of course. But it's not the end of the world if we dont.
Oh no. I wasn’t trying to say it was make or break. I was just saying Delp would be a huge get in a fight for a game changer. There’ll be other battles for big-time recruits. Just saying a win in one of these early battles would be a good sign.

I think Prunty was. Literally one of the best corners in the country. He could have gone anywhere and started right away. And Beamer got him.

Think about this. These high school players have been building relationships for years with the big time coaches (Saban, Smart, Riley, Dabo), so it will understandably take time for Beamer to build those type relationships. However, a transfer portal guy hasn't had all these coaches calling or texting them everyday because they were already at a college. That was a more even match between Beamer and just about every other coach in America once Prunty said that he is transferring. All things being equal for this stud DB that could have gone anywhere he wanted, and Beamer gets him. That tells me something.

I think Prunty was. Literally one of the best corners in the country. He could have gone anywhere and started right away. And Beamer got him.

Think about this. These high school players have been building relationships for years with the big time coaches (Saban, Smart, Riley, Dabo), so it will understandably take time for Beamer to build those type relationships. However, a transfer portal guy hasn't had all these coaches calling or texting them everyday because they were already at a college. That was a more even match between Beamer and just about every other coach in America once Prunty said that he is transferring. All things being equal for this stud DB that could have gone anywhere he wanted, and Beamer gets him. That tells me something.

Sounds logical...although I'm fairly certain that Prunty did not have offers from the likes of Bama, UGA, Ohio State or Clemson. He's a big pick up for us at a position of dire need. But we're reaching by saying that he could have literally gone anywhere he wanted. He didn't have a full compliment of offers from the elites.

Reactions: uscwatson21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT