ADVERTISEMENT

I hate Jeremy Pruitt

Garnetskies

Nov 30, 2017
Reeled in a 5 star and two 4 star recruits in the last couple days.I know we will get ours eventually in this class, hopefully but that's what a 4-8 seasons gets you....waiting lol.

"I know we will get ours eventually in this class..."

I'm not so sure. Tennessee may have leapfrogged us last year with no turning back. They significantly out-recruited us this past year and the prior year (according to 247 composite index). Looks like Big Orange is well on the way to smoking us again in recruiting this year.

Combine that with the bullshit going on at Chapel Hill - you think we were in a squeeze next to UGA and Clemson, now you can add the next two closest major programs to that same squeeze with the way Chapel Hill and Tennessee are recruiting.

We took an ~8 win team last year and managed to only win 4 games. Dug our own grave. We should have won UNC, App State, and Florida. We could have won Mizzou, Tennessee, and A&M. At worst should have gone 4-2 out of those 6. Would be a very different position now.

Reeled in a 5 star and two 4 star recruits in the last couple days.I know we will get ours eventually in this class, hopefully but that's what a 4-8 seasons gets you....waiting lol.

I'm not so sure. Tennessee may have leapfrogged us last year with no turning back. They significantly out-recruited us this past year and the prior year (according to 247 composite index). Looks like Big Orange is well on the way to smoking us again in recruiting this year.

Combine that with the bullshit going on at Chapel Hill - you think we were in a squeeze next to UGA and Clemson, now you can add the next two closest major programs to that same squeeze with the way Chapel Hill and Tennessee are recruiting.

We took an ~8 win team last year and managed to only win 4 games. Dug our own grave. We should have won UNC, App State, and Florida. We could have won Mizzou, Tennessee, and A&M. At worst should have gone 4-2 out of those 6. Would be a very different position now.

:(

Yes, UT beat us last year. But we will see if they have turned the corner for real. We have heard that 1 before. UT always recruits well. So spare me the no no no this time is different speech.

Yes, UT beat us last year. But we will see if they have turned the corner for real. We have heard that 1 before. UT always recruits well. So spare me the no no no this time is different speech.

UT beat us in the most literal sense of the word.

Reactions: CrazyVol89
Pruitt is going into his 3rd season. He is not yet considered a proven loser. So, he can sell dreams and hopes. Muschamp, on the other hand, got run off by Florida and has a 15-17 SEC record at South Carolina and a 26-25 overall record here. Muschamp can try to sell dreams and hopes to recruits. But, they'll call BS on him due to his overall failure as a Head Coach. That's why those here who say that in all likelihood Muschamp will get 2 more seasons to prove he is worthy of being a Head Coach....I call BS. If you think we are struggling now in recruiting, just wait until this time next year if we have a so-so season in 2020 and Muschamp is retained. You haven't seen anything yet.

How did Tennessee "smoke" us in recruiting this year. Please explain

Reactions: carolinamyke
Expo in all fairness they did have a top 10 class while we were @ #18
With all do respect to you also I'm just saying that there average per recruit was 89.8 and ours was 88.63... That's like me making a 89 on a test and you making 90... I wouldn't say you smoked me on that test would you?

Reactions: PC31 and jeff2001

Oh, UT has definitely leapfrogged us, no question about it in recruiting.

It’s what happens when you get a young guy who is energetic and has a staff that is selling an exciting brand of football whether true or not as opposed to a failed guy working on another failure.
B.S. they were ready to run Pruit out of town last year before they played us.. they had to go on a little run to save his job.

Pruitt is going into his 3rd season. He is not yet considered a proven loser. So, he can sell dreams and hopes. Muschamp, on the other hand, got run off by Florida and has a 15-17 SEC record at South Carolina and a 26-25 overall record here. Muschamp can try to sell dreams and hopes to recruits. But, they'll call BS on him due to his overall failure as a Head Coach. That's why those here who say that in all likelihood Muschamp will get 2 more seasons to prove he is worthy of being a Head Coach....I call BS. If you think we are struggling now in recruiting, just wait until this time next year if we have a so-so season in 2020 and Muschamp is retained. You haven't seen anything yet.
Hey, how come nobody is doing that, "winningest coach after ___ seasons in the history of SC" comparison thing with Spurrier any more?

Reactions: ddw1263
247 Composite Final Class Rankings:
  • #10: Tennessee
    • Zero 5 Stars
    • Thirteen 4 Stars
  • #18: South Carolina
    • One 5 Star
    • Eight 4 Stars
In my book, having 44% more 4/5 stars than we did in the class is "smoking" us in recruiting. Through a different lens, 57% of their class was 4/5 star while 38% of ours was. Stack up 3 or 4 classes in a row with that type of disparity and you've got significant talent gaps across the depth charts.

they didn’t. So he can’t explain

Probably those were the ones we were going to get. In that case, whose do we steal?

No one talked about his coaching ability either. Tons of guys win with personality and recruiting ability as long as the guys around him can coach.
Nobody I Tennessee was happy with anything Tennessee football last year, assistant coaches included. I'm not going to argue with you. You can go to there board and pull up threads from before they played us and nobody wanted Jeremy Pruit or his staff at that point... Pruit hasn't proven anything yet, nor his assistants. We will see what he does this year but he and his staff are recruiting just a tad better. Not enough to brag about. TN average star rating 89.5..... SC avg star rating 88.63.

Nobody I Tennessee was happy with anything Tennessee football last year, assistant coaches included. I'm not going to argue with you. You can go to there board and pull up threads from before they played us and nobody wanted Jeremy Pruit or his staff at that point... Pruit hasn't proven anything yet, nor his assistants. We will see what he does this year but he and his staff are recruiting just a tad better. Not enough to brag about. TN average star rating 89.5..... SC avg star rating 88.63.
Again no one is talking about Tenn fans. The fans aren’t responsible for recruiting unless they are passing out envelopes. That staff is young and has a lot to sell to players especially on the offensive side of the football including a guy that people here salivate over every time we talk about making a change at RB. Keep thinking young guys with histories of explosive offenses don’t matter and we’ll still keep wondering why we don’t score points.

• Zero 5 Stars
    • Thirteen 4 Stars
    • One 5 Star
    • Eight 4 Stars
In my book, having 44% more 4/5 stars than we did in the class is "smoking" us in recruiting. Through a different lens, 57% of their class was 4/5 star while 38% of ours was. Stack up 3 or 4 classes in a row with that type of disparity and you've got significant talent gaps across the depth charts.
Yep that blue chip ratio is 100 % unless you have an out of this world QB a la Auburn 2010.

Reactions: SlashElectric
    • Zero 5 Stars
    • Thirteen 4 Stars
    • One 5 Star
    • Eight 4 Stars

So that is “ smoking “ ? Ok
Basically you proved you were wrong
Thanks. Lol

Reactions: jeff2001
So that is “ smoking “ ? Ok
Basically you proved you were wrong
Thanks. Lol
Ok so maybe smoked is a bit ostentatious but I get SlashElectric's point and Expro's dissenting point. Perception plays a big role in it also.That's 8 spots above where we finished , even though we were coming off a better season.Once again following that blue chip ratio of having 50% of your roster be comprised of 4 and 5 stars is very important to getting where I assume we all want to be. We don't invest our saturdays in either going to Columbia or blocking time to watch our boys on tv just to be mediocre correct?Its been proven almost 100 % as I said above if you wanna get to the top of the mountain you better hit that blue chip ratio unless you have an all universe QB. Auburn is the one outlier of the blue chip ratio of National champs in the last 10 years. In that sense yes they did SMOKE us in that signing class.

We had Tennessee passed. They were struggling. But even Spurrier lost some damnable games to them when we had some good teams. But the fact we had them passed is why Muschamp was able to beat them his first year here. Now, it certainly looks as if they have passed us back, a fact attributable just as much to our decline as to any progress they have made. But they have made definite progress or else they would have imploded last year instead of going to and winning a bowl game. This regime will have a hard time going back around them, I'm afraid.

Squandered opportunities have been the trademark of our football program for the past 100+ years. Lou was right! It's the culture we've allowed to invade and operate within the university in general and the football program in particular. Gotta change it, folks.

And just like that they have had a run of predictions on another 5 Star OLB out of Florida named Terrence Lewis. Damn what the hell is going on. Fulmer must have his old bagmen back in action. They say his commitment is imminent. Speechless ,will the sun shine on us ever again? Looking bleak like we are dead in the water and they have been doing their Ohio State impression. SMH

Pruitt was Tennessee`s what, 7th choice? Most people say he is a prick. I don`t get it.

Pruitt was Tennessee`s what, 7th choice? Most people say he is a prick. I don`t get it.
They say he is the most negative of recruiters out there but that doesn't explain this sudden major upswing...I'm with you psycock

Under CJP you either recruit or hit the bricks. All of the coaches on his staff better beat the bushes for talent or he'll replace you with a better recruiter. Also, CJP is a great talent evaluator (Saban has conceded as much). They just landed a great RB out of South Carolina today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT