ADVERTISEMENT

I hate to say it & I once doubted it but I think we get cancelled Saturday

Gamecockben1979

Jun 5, 2017
1. I have executive club seats for the 2nd time in my life, so my luck is it’s cancelled

2. They cannot get a firm prediction on this storm, therefore the university cannot guarantee people will not be put in harms way.

I tended to lean toward the no way it gets cancelled earlier because of the amount of money involved and the inconvenience of scheduling a makeup game. If the storm is not right over us I still think we play. Unfortunately latest models put it right over us and they have to make that call in the next 24 hours.

Reactions: Gaimcock
1. I have executive club seats for the 2nd time in my life, so my luck is it’s cancelled

2. They cannot get a firm prediction on this storm, therefore the university cannot guarantee people will not be put in harms way.

I tended to lean toward the no way it gets cancelled earlier because of the amount of money involved and the inconvenience of scheduling a makeup game. If the storm is not right over us I still think we play. Unfortunately latest models put it right over us and they have to make that call in the next 24 hours.
If it's not canceled sometime today or tomorrow, I'll be amazed.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield

Didn't we play a game in a hurricane vs. NC State during Holtz's first season at USC? I'm not saying the game won't get cancelled and it probably will but we have played games with a lot of rain coming down. I just don't see there being a lot of fans in the stands if the rain is coming down.

Didn't we play a game in a hurricane vs. NC State during Holtz's first season at USC? I'm not saying the game won't get cancelled and it probably will but we have played games with a lot of rain coming down. I just don't see there being a lot of fans in the stands if the rain is coming down.
We did, and I would hope we learned from that mistake.

Yes, I was there. I swore at that moment I'd never do that again.

Reactions: funktavious

We did, and I would hope we learned from that mistake.

We lost 7 - 0. All we could do was run the ball, not much passing at all. Had a certain RB that had good yardage, but no td.

We lost 7 - 0. All we could do was run the ball, not much passing at all. Had a certain RB that had good yardage, but no td.
We had a game against LSU that got moved from being a home game to an away game. Is there any chance that the game gets played in WV? Its not a conference game so I'm thinking that is doubtful but I wonder if its even a possibility. It probably won't matter much for me. I live in Colleton County where the power goes out if someone exhales too hard.

I say go play the game in the WV mountains!
With the projection shifting like it did the last several hours how can you NOT cancel the game??? They have to cancel it.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
SC's better off if they cancel the game, after putting so much pre- season, pre-game hype in the Ga. game, not sure they would win Saturday.

Reactions: Carolina4

We did, in Lou’s 1st game as Head Coach at SC. But that storm wasn’t near the magnitude of what this is projected to be. That game was a ton of rain. This will be rain, high winds, and a lot of damage, etc...

I don’t see any chance this game is played Saturday. Just a matter of time before it is cancelled, especially with the projections showing a SW shift to move across the entire state of SC.

In fact, I’m so certain of it being cancelled I’m figuring out other plans for Saturday night. Though any plans for Saturday include a way to watch football, so I’ll be safe regardless.

SC's better off if they cancel the game, after putting so much pre- season, pre-game hype in the Ga. game, not sure they would win Saturday.

Especially when combined with this distraction of a storm. And no way I’d be in favor of moving to Huntington, WV. Bad financial move for both schools...but I could just about guarantee a loss in that scenario.

I say move it to December 1st...after the Clemson game. We’ll hear all the jokes about that’s the only way we can win that day...but who cares? Doesn’t even have to be Marshall. Heck, get UNC to play us. They have a spot open too.

Didn't Clemson and ND play in a tropical storm a couple years ago? That's probably what the weather will look like. I'm surprised they don't try to move it to another location.

Didn't Clemson and ND play in a tropical storm a couple years ago? That's probably what the weather will look like. I'm surprised they don't try to move it to another location.

The storm will be way worse than that. But still, the issue isn’t the weather during the game. It’s the fact that troopers and first responders will be tending to damages and victims on the coast and midlands...and a football game can’t be run without them. It could be sunny and perfect but the game still couldn’t be played if the damage if the storm is as bad as projected. The thing is, it won’t be as bad as projected, but bad enough.

I do believe the latest projections so tropical storm winds and rain over Columbia Saturday which would make it difficult as well. The winds should be high enough that it’s dangerous for fans to travel and for a game to be played regardless.

Only way I see a game being played this weekend is if it were early or later, and they played the game with no fans inside the stadium. The game could be played but wouldn’t be such a huge need for first responders and troopers. I don’t see that being a good move for USC for $ reasons so I doubt they do it. Unless they simply just want to get the game in now.

Last edited:
Reactions: funktavious

We did and while there was a lot of rain and it was not the smartest decision, that storm was dumping rain and nothing else.

This storm likely brings excessive wind rain and the threat of tornadoes. Cannot see it for those reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT