ADVERTISEMENT

I have no desire, whatsoever, for us to be considered as the UCLA of Women's Basketball.

Southern Fried Chicken

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2022
Especially since, in a few years, everyone will want to start dreaming about becoming the next CAROLINA of Women's Basketball.

.............. with all due respect to Geno Auriemma, Pat Summit, Carolyn Peck and John Wooden.

Just mak'n' conversation. Go Gamecocks!!!

Well, it doesn't really matter what you think about it.

We compete in the sport so we might as well try to win as much as possible. 99% of the women's programs out there already dream about being a program like South Carolina. That's not new this year. That's been the case for awhile now.

Plus, I've never heard anyone even mention such a phrase talking about us.

Most people that mention dominant women's basketball programs just mention comparisons to UConn and Tenn.

We compete in the sport so we might as well try to win as much as possible. 99% of the women's programs out there already dream about being a program like South Carolina. That's not new this year. That's been the case for awhile now.

Most people that mention dominant women's basketball programs just mention comparisons to UConn and Tenn.
Hadn't heard that comparison either. Let's win back to back titles before we start talking about 10 in a row, or however many the UCLA men won.

Reactions: cockofdawn

Well it doesn't really matter that you think it doesn't really matter what Southern Fried Chicken thinks about it

Especially since, in a few years, everyone will want to start dreaming about becoming the next CAROLINA of Women's Basketball.

.............. with all due respect to Geno Auriemma, Pat Summit, Carolyn Peck and John Wooden.

Just mak'n' conversation. Go Gamecocks!!!
I remember when they talked about our Baseball program in terms of a Dynasty. So much for that kind of talk with the crappy program we have today.

Odd post. Why would we want to underachieve in any sport? Do you believe the WBB team is consuming resources which should be allocated to our other programs?

Reactions: cockofdawn
If that's what the pundits are saying (idk because I dont listen to them), best to give less craps about them. As a long time Gamecock fan, that has served me well.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
I’m cool with any Gamecock sport becoming dynasty status. Men’s baseball, women’s soccer, horseback riding…… Why not?
Most people are a more passionate about football though. And the program has been a mess for almost a straight decade. #firetanner

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT