ADVERTISEMENT

I have to admit, during the shut down, I didn't miss sports...

when it came back at 1/2 speed...

I just took it another level of things to do like yard work, stocks and DraftKings....

I tried to watch the first race and left it after 20 laps...

Can't get sit down and watch sports, better things to do... Maybe I'll listen to it radio or just check my sports app for scores...
NASCAR isn’t sports, so....
And Draft Kings is sports, right.
I’m confused.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
I did not think that I would, but I adjusted to it. I no longer invest hours upon hours to watch my teams lose. I now no longer have to deal with the stress of sitting and watching the games. Also, I have lost any interest in attending games in person. I've started doing more in the yard and with the kids and I do not see that changing.

I did not think that I would, but I adjusted to it. I no longer invest hours upon hours to watch my teams lose. I now no longer have to deal with the stress of sitting and watching the games. Also, I have lost any interest in attending games in person. I've started doing more in the yard and with the kids and I do not see that changing.

The sad part of doing yard work, you think you did a great job getting your yard looking perfect until you go for a walk around the neighborhood and discover someone else did a better job with less effort...:(

Reactions: uscalumni
The sad part of doing yard work, you think you did a great job getting your yard looking perfect until you go for a walk around the neighborhood and discover someone else did a better job with less effort...:(
Well that and the fact that if it rains a few days in a row, the grass/plants all grow and it is time to do it all over again! I bought a new house about a year ago, spent my break from work during Covid to get my yard looking nice, now that I am working full time again I barely have time to cut the damn grass!

Lol,5+ years ago I saw a video where somebody had their self propelled lawnmower on a rope mowing the yard.So I tried it myself.It took a few tries to get the math right as it went around so it would overlap.So I got it cutting in the summer heat as I was sitting in my chair in the shade taking it easy.As truck rode by my house ,it stopped and backed up to see what was going on.He just started shaking his head and all I did was give him a thumbs up.Idis that for a few years but haven’t done it lately.but it does save a lot of work.

I have never really been into sports other than football. And this whole pandemic has not affected football up until now. I've always thought time spent on spectator sports was really wasted. Now I probably will fish, get more other things accomplished and spend more family time.

Last edited:
This is really good to hear from everyone. It really is silly that we let something we cannot control affect our well being. I used to and then made an adjustment. Life is much better. I see it for what it is and enjoy the fellowship of fans around the games and love watching kids grow up on the field (win or lose). Don't get me wrong though- I still love winning and it's not ok to lose but it's how you handle and manage that love that makes it healthy or unhealthy.

I basically watch college and NFL football...Braves when they are playing well, and college basketball. I haven't watched the NBA in years and have never really watched the NHL or Nascar. I do enjoy Golf, especially the majors. I will however miss college football if it is canceled.

I basically watch college and NFL football...Braves when they are playing well, and college basketball. I haven't watched the NBA in years and have never really watched the NHL or Nascar. I do enjoy Golf, especially the majors. I will however miss college football if it is canceled.
Even though I like to watch the NFL, if they get to political I am tuning out

This is really good to hear from everyone. It really is silly that we let something we cannot control affect our well being. I used to and then made an adjustment. Life is much better. I see it for what it is and enjoy the fellowship of fans around the games and love watching kids grow up on the field (win or lose). Don't get me wrong though- I still love winning and it's not ok to lose but it's how you handle and manage that love that makes it healthy or unhealthy.
But it was good to have something to look forward to.

Same - they are going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Don`t think I will ever be as wrapped up in it as before. I will watch our Gamecocks but we can obviously survive without sports, which a lot of us didn`t think we could do. I don`t give 2 cents about pro sports anymore - political stuff put the nail in the coffin, though I wasn`t a big fan to begin with. I don`t appreciate ungrateful people who make millions playing a game for a living that most of us could only dream of as a little kid. Not saying all pros are like that but too many of them are.

I agree with you on this. I do not have a big yard but I take pride in trying to keep it up. My neighbor across the street looks like he has a putting green from the Master's golf course.

USCALUMNI

I just took it another level of things to do like yard work, stocks and DraftKings....

Can't get sit down and watch sports, better things to do... Maybe I'll listen to it radio or just check my sports app for scores...

I feel the same way buddy when it comes to spectator sports.

Never seen so many people get upset with others for simply having a different viewpoint. It's like some hate diversity but yet like gladiator type events with those that have been conquered. Maybe Rome survived after all.

Reactions: uscalumni
Never seen so many people get upset with others for simply having a different viewpoint. It's like some hate diversity but yet like gladiator type events with those that have been conquered. Maybe Rome survived after all.
giphy.gif

Read a book. Beats anything you'll see on TV.

If I'm a college president or AD, I'd be very concerned about pushing this BLM and take a knee agenda. People are getting by without sports and many are ok with it.
Of course people can “get by” without sports or great restaurants, but that’s what bring many people together. That’s what creates great lasting memories.
Life is better with stuff that brings people together.
You know. Experience

Of course people can “get by” without sports or great restaurants, but that’s what bring many people together. That’s what creates great lasting memories.
Life is better with stuff that brings people together.
You know. Experience

Yeah, my great sports memories don't involve the team that I pull for crapping on our flag or national anthem.

More yard work this weekend between raindrops, last weekend hiking at a waterfall in Tennessee and at night doing major research on companies and their stocks..

Growing my wealth by spending less on sports...

Reactions: cockofdawn
More yard work this weekend between raindrops, last weekend hiking at a waterfall in Tennessee and at night doing major research on companies and their stocks..

Growing my wealth by spending less on sports...
Got a good stock tip? sure do need one
Outside of my company 401k I dabble in my TD ameritrade account with small companies. Haven’t done too well lately

Got a good stock tip? sure do need one
Outside of my company 401k I dabble in my TD ameritrade account with small companies. Haven’t done too well lately

I've been looking at IPO's and SPAC's... The SPAC's can be hit or miss..

Done really well with Virgin Galactic, Repay and Draftkings, picking them up less than $10 per share when they were SPAC stocks and do a reverse mergers...

I miss College Football and WBB.

I never had time to miss sports because I never stopped going. I have flown over 60k miles this year. Even flew during the total lock down. I had a few flights where it was me, the pilots, and the flight attendants. It had a very Sci Fi feeling to it. Felt like I was in Stephen Kings "The Langoliers" walking through completely empty airports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT