ADVERTISEMENT

I HaveTo Say (Re Holbrook)

He's going out with a lot of class. I hope that his detractors - and I have certainly been one - will at least give him credit for that.

His conduct since the termination has prompted me to hope all the more that he and his family will find success and happiness wherever they go.
This, notwithstanding that the resignation terms/severance agreement may be contingent on such behavior.

Other than Darrin Horn can't really remember any Carolina coach showing their @ss on the way out the door; have there been any?

Chad Holbrook is no longer the head baseball coach at the University of South Carolina.

For those who felt this was a benefit to Gamecock baseball, enjoy your new direction and excitement. And for those who feel even the slightest responsibility, because of their continuous posts and comments, congratulations on being heard.

I, personally, request that we move forward, without comments or attacks aimed at the past. No benefit, no need.

Chad Holbrook is no longer the head baseball coach at the University of South Carolina.

For those who felt this was a benefit to Gamecock baseball, enjoy your new direction and excitement. And for those who feel even the slightest responsibility, because of their continuous posts and comments, congratulations on being heard.

I, personally, request that we move forward, without comments or attacks aimed at the past. No benefit, no need.
There's no reason to not comment. He's a stand up guy and a good human that deserves to be thanked for his hard work he's put into the rogram since he's been here. And some of us would like to let him know we appreciate his efforts and wish him well in the future.
No harm or foul in it.

Other than Darrin Horn can't really remember any Carolina coach showing their @ss on the way out the door; have there been any?[/QUOTE

Horn's exit from USC was a disgusting display of a childish temper tantrum. He had no right to complain about the way he was 'treated' by the university. He made out quite well for a HBC who literally did nothing positive during his tenure. What's he doing now, btw?

As for Brad Scott . . . there's not much one can say is there?

Reactions: coolcock2001
Other than Darrin Horn can't really remember any Carolina coach showing their @ss on the way out the door; have there been any?

On the way out....more like showed his ass the whole time he was here with respect to Horn.

I felt it was time to move on from Chad as a coach, but I can never and would never say anything negative about Chad the man. He's always been class A and always will be.

Horn on the other hand - how much time do you have?

Horn had the audacity to act like a petulant child - his attitude was how dare I recognize him and attempt to engage in polite conversation.
I simply said hello and let him know we were happy to have him on as our Basketball coach when I ran into him on the concourse at WB - before he had coached his first game. Funny thing - at a football game, in the concourse by himself and acting bitchy about being recognized and politely engaged by a fan. Like he expected to be incognito or something.

Every interaction I had with the man during his time at USC after that was similar. He acted as if fans / donors were beneath him and didnt want to get his hands dirty.

Horn had the audacity to act like a petulant child - his attitude was how dare I recognize him and attempt to engage in polite conversation.
I simply said hello and let him know we were happy to have him on as our Basketball coach when I ran into him on the concourse at WB - before he had coached his first game. Funny thing - at a football game, in the concourse by himself and acting bitchy about being recognized and politely engaged by a fan. Like he expected to be incognito or something.

Every interaction I had with the man during his time at USC after that was similar. He acted as if fans / donors were beneath him and didnt want to get his hands dirty.
I loved him in the beginning. From his opening press conference where he took shots at Clemson and said we'd be putting a recruiting fence around the state, to having the first practice in the Strom where the students could watch to getting the "Garnet Army" going. He seemed great to the fans/students at that time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT