ADVERTISEMENT

I heard a great quote about our team

surfincock

Oct 20, 2003
I was driving my daughter from New York back to Charleston on Tuesday. Somewhere around northern Virginia I picked up a sports station. The host was interviewing Alabama's head coach Avery Johnson about his season, future, etc. The host asked him of the three SEC teams left, who could win it. He said the easy answer is Kentucky because of their great seven players. He said Florida is used to tournament play and they could make a run if they get hot.

Then he was asked about South Carolina. Coach Avery said that all the SEC coaches said we were the toughest team they had all seen in years. And that South Carolina is the team you want with you If you got caught in a dark alley.

I thought that was a great (and funny) statement.

So all the coaches said Alabama was the toughest team they'd played in years?

Also I can see why they'd want USC with them in a dark alley ..Frank Martin

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
So all the coaches said Alabama was the toughest team they'd played in years?

Also I can see why they'd want USC with them in a dark alley ..Frank Martin
Sorry. Wrote it wrong. Avery said South Carolina was the toughest team they all had seen in awhile.

I was driving my daughter from New York back to Charleston on Tuesday. Somewhere around northern Virginia I picked up a sports station. The host was interviewing Alabama's head coach Avery Johnson about his season, future, etc. The host asked him of the three SEC teams left, who could win it. He said the easy answer is Kentucky because of their great seven players. He said Florida is used to tournament play and they could make a run if they get hot.

Then he was asked about South Carolina. Coach Avery said that all the SEC coaches said we were the toughest team they had all seen in years. And that South Carolina is the team you want with you If you got caught in a dark alley.

Now, if we can just get our football team to this point!

Reactions: RockThrillCock

That is funny!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT